May has gone - ding dong the utter, utter, total failure of a prime minister is gone

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
briantrumpet

Re: May has gone - ding dong the utter, utter, total failure of a prime minister is gone

Postby briantrumpet » Sun May 26, 2019 10:55 am

Stevo 666 wrote:
briantrumpet wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
morstar wrote:Is this whole Brexit thing a conspiracy to bring the lib Dems back into mainstream politics?

Lib Dems were doomed to years of irrelevance in 2015 beyond the obvious limitations of being a 3rd party in a 2 party system.

Labour have spent the last few years abandoning moderate centre left policies and now the Tories are lurching further and further to the right leaving a gaping chasm in both the the centre left and centre right

If politics were business there is a whole gap in the market begging to be filled. Labour and Tory may find themselves the equivalent of a high street record shop if they're not careful. Largely a thing of the past with a few remnants catering to a niche market.

Don't you think the Lib Dems would have filled the gap by now if they were capable of doing so?

Still one of the utter mysteries for me is how they've managed to stay invisible during a period when they were the only 'mainstream' party advocating a point of view on the EU shared by a large chunk of the electorate, and the other two parties exhibiting utter incompetence.

Maybe it's down to utter incompetence?

A distinct possibility. It seems to be a feature of both Labour and the Conservatives too, to varying degrees.

SurferCyclist

Re: May has gone - ding dong the utter, utter, total failure of a prime minister is gone

Postby SurferCyclist » Sun May 26, 2019 11:13 am

Matthewfalle wrote:
Pross wrote: whoever wins is unlikely to survive long and it will hopefully kill their career permanently.

A last hoorah for a Henry?

#fascistTories

Saying Tories are facists is like saying Labour supporters are Marxist. Some are, not all.

rjsterry

Postby rjsterry » Sun May 26, 2019 12:41 pm

SurferCyclist wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:
Pross wrote: whoever wins is unlikely to survive long and it will hopefully kill their career permanently.

#fascistTories

Saying Tories are facists is like saying Labour supporters are Marxist. Some are, not all.

Or suggests MF doesn't really know what a fascist is.
1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
1980s BSA 10sp

Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.

bompington

Postby bompington » Sun May 26, 2019 13:11 pm

rjsterry wrote:
SurferCyclist wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

#fascistTories

Maybe if he knows any Italians he could ask them ;-)

Stevo 666

Postby Stevo 666 » Sun May 26, 2019 13:37 pm

Is this you MF?
https://youtu.be/TA8Uav7EPlQ
I mean, you are Italian and in the military... :)
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Sun May 26, 2019 16:06 pm

Stevo 666 wrote:Is this you MF?
https://youtu.be/TA8Uav7EPlQ
I mean, you are Italian and in the military... :)

i've actually based my whole career on Klinger from M*A*S*H but i can definitly take some recruiting tips from that snippet

#jointhearmy,theysaid
#traveltheworld,theysaid
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Sun May 26, 2019 16:09 pm

SurferCyclist wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

#fascistTories

nope. they all are. not one iota of care for the greater good in any of their bodies

#fascists

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Sun May 26, 2019 16:12 pm

bompington wrote:
rjsterry wrote:
SurferCyclist wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

#fascistTories

Maybe if he knows any Italians he could ask them ;-)

i'll send an MF down to Edwyns - he keeps a few in the cupboard for emergency gelato and canneloni making (Italians that is, not MFs. They couldn't gelato their way out of a paper bag).

I'll post any pictures the MF returns with. Well, I'll post up links that don't work and ask Veronese to sort them out

#bloodyItaliansandtheirgoodlooks

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Sun May 26, 2019 16:14 pm

rjsterry wrote:
SurferCyclist wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

#fascistTories

I asked the MFs and they said they had an inkling as to what a fascist is. they showed me a picture. it looked exactly the same as a Tory. You can see it in their eyes if you look hard enough.

#eyesofacrow
#toryfascist
#maggiethatchermilksnatcher

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

Stevo 666

Postby Stevo 666 » Sun May 26, 2019 16:56 pm

Matthewfalle wrote:
SurferCyclist wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

#fascistTories

nope. they all are. not one iota of care for the greater good in any of their bodies

#fascists

Hmmm...looks like I may need to goose step round to your house with a few chums in brown shirts and dispel a few myths.
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Sun May 26, 2019 19:03 pm

ah - ye olde "institutional learning technique"?

#beatitintothem

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

orraloon

Postby orraloon » Sun May 26, 2019 19:05 pm

Stevo 666 wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:
SurferCyclist wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists

Hmmm...looks like I may need to goose step round to your house with a few chums in brown shirts
and dispel a few myths.

Ah hah. The truth is coming out.

Stevo 666

Postby Stevo 666 » Sun May 26, 2019 20:04 pm

orraloon wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:
SurferCyclist wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists

Hmmm...looks like I may need to goose step round to your house with a few chums in brown shirts
and dispel a few myths.

You are on ze list also, Herr Looney :)

We have have learnt well from our esteemed European partners.
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

Robert88

Postby Robert88 » Mon May 27, 2019 07:57 am

Stevo 666 wrote:
orraloon wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:
SurferCyclist wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists

and dispel a few myths.

The Tory party is far too incompetent and self-serving to be a proper fascist organisation. Instead they are a collection of individual fascists who couldn't even organise a night of the long knives in a butchers shop.

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Mon May 27, 2019 08:01 am

8%.

8% of the vote under May.

Lost a majority and then took the Tories to 8% in a nationwide election.

Pross

Postby Pross » Mon May 27, 2019 08:26 am

I'm not sure they can recover from this whole farce, the divisions are too big to be sorted out by a new leader especially as that leader is likely to lead them further to the right.

Stevo 666

Postby Stevo 666 » Mon May 27, 2019 09:55 am

Robert88 wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
orraloon wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:
SurferCyclist wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists

and dispel a few myths.

The Tory party is far too incompetent and self-serving to be a proper fascist organisation. Instead they are a collection of individual fascists who couldn't even organise a night of the long knives in a butchers shop.

In a way you're right, as many of our European partners did actually have a real fascist party or far right dictatorship in power.

Claiming that the Tories are fascist is just lazy leftiebollox or ignorance.
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

Robert88

Postby Robert88 » Mon May 27, 2019 10:50 am

Stevo 666 wrote:
Robert88 wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
orraloon wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:
SurferCyclist wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists

and dispel a few myths.

In a way you're right, as many of our European partners did actually have a real fascist party or far right dictatorship in power.

Oops, did I just sink your battleship. Quel dommage..

Stevo 666

Postby Stevo 666 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:21 pm

Robert88 wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
Robert88 wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
orraloon wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:
SurferCyclist wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

#fascistTories

#fascists

and dispel a few myths.

Oops, did I just sink your battleship. Quel dommage..

Err, no :) I didn't even know there was a battleship involved. But if youre going to go for lazy stereotyping, expect to get called out occasionally.
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Mon May 27, 2019 14:55 pm

Of all the Tory MEPs to have lost their seats why did Hannan have to keep his

Return to “The Cake Stop”