Donald Trump

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
Matthewfalle

Re: Donald Trump

Postby Matthewfalle » Thu Sep 12, 2019 19:16 pm

KingstonGraham wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:
seems that bizarrely, for once, the orange man may have done some good. he's still a khunt though.

He sacked Bolton for disagreeing with him whether bringing the Taliban to Camp David was a good idea. So he sacked him over the one and only time he might have been right.

its a bigger picture than that. by sacking bolton he's defused a war mad draft dodging hawk who had the opportunity to drive us all into random wars.

the orange khunt bizarrely done good.
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

Robert88

Postby Robert88 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 20:33 pm

Alternatively maybe Bolton really did resign over the abuse of Camp David and rather than be humiliated, Trump claimed he sacked him.

Lagrange

Postby Lagrange » Mon Sep 16, 2019 20:17 pm

Seems to me that Donald Trump was the only one of the western countries that assessed Iran's intentions correctly. He should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. :D

Rolf F

Postby Rolf F » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:57 am

Trump is only orange because of energy efficient lightbulbs apparently.

“The lightbulb,” the president began. “People said: what’s with the lightbulb? I said: here’s the story. And I looked at it. The bulb that we’re being forced to use! No 1, to me, most importantly, the light’s no good. I always look orange. And so do you! The light is the worst.”

But that was not the end of it. Trump complained that the energy-efficient bulb is many times more expensive than its incandescent predecessor and, he claimed, needs to be treated as “hazardous waste” if it breaks.

Not sure how that explains his carroty hue outside in daylight but never mind. Incandescents are back; "it's amazing".
Faster than a tent.......

rjsterry

Postby rjsterry » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:16 am

Rolf F wrote:Trump is only orange because of energy efficient lightbulbs apparently.

“The lightbulb,” the president began. “People said: what’s with the lightbulb? I said: here’s the story. And I looked at it. The bulb that we’re being forced to use! No 1, to me, most importantly, the light’s no good. I always look orange. And so do you! The light is the worst.”

But that was not the end of it. Trump complained that the energy-efficient bulb is many times more expensive than its incandescent predecessor and, he claimed, needs to be treated as “hazardous waste” if it breaks.

Not sure how that explains his carroty hue outside in daylight but never mind. Incandescents are back; "it's amazing".

So the White House uses outdated CFL fittings is it still 2003 over there? Surely someone of his means can at least get some decent LEDs.
1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
1980s BSA 10sp

Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.

KingstonGraham

Postby KingstonGraham » Tue Sep 17, 2019 13:39 pm

Rolf F wrote:Trump is only orange because of energy efficient lightbulbs apparently.

Weird how it doesn't affect the bit just around his eyes.
and then the next thing you know

Step83

Postby Step83 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 13:47 pm

KingstonGraham wrote:

Weird how it doesn't affect the bit just around his eyes.

Almost like the "sun" missed a bit...

darkhairedlord

Postby darkhairedlord » Tue Sep 17, 2019 13:53 pm

Ffs, has he still not been driven past a grassy knoll and book suppository yet?

rjsterry

Postby rjsterry » Tue Sep 17, 2019 13:54 pm

darkhairedlord wrote:book suppository

Ouch.
1980s BSA 10sp

Rolf F

Postby Rolf F » Tue Sep 17, 2019 13:56 pm

rjsterry wrote:

Ouch.

Or double ouch. Never mind the Encyclopaedia Britannica.........
Faster than a tent.......

darkhairedlord

Postby darkhairedlord » Tue Sep 17, 2019 15:09 pm

Rolf F wrote:
rjsterry wrote:

Ouch.

Or double ouch. Never mind the Encyclopaedia Britannica.........

or the complete works of hugh hefner...

PBlakeney

Postby PBlakeney » Thu Sep 19, 2019 14:17 pm

Donald is visiting the latest section of his wall today and has revealed that the concrete goes down 6 feet.
So Mexicans know if they tunnel to a depth of 6 feet then they can get past his impenetrable wall.
The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
I am not sure. You have no chance.

Veronese68 wrote:PB is the most sensible person on here.

KingstonGraham

Postby KingstonGraham » Thu Sep 19, 2019 14:27 pm

PBlakeney wrote:Donald is visiting the latest section of his wall today and has revealed that the concrete goes down 6 feet.
So Mexicans know if they tunnel to a depth of 6 feet then they can get past his impenetrable wall.

Also...

Trump said "the wall is wired so that we will know if somebody’s trying to break through.”

He then invited Lt. Gen. Todd Semonite, the Army chief of engineers, to expand on the details.

But Semonite responded: “Sir, there could be some merit in not discussing that.”

rjsterry

Postby rjsterry » Thu Sep 19, 2019 14:35 pm

PBlakeney wrote:Donald is visiting the latest section of his wall today and has revealed that the concrete goes down 6 feet.

Pfft. I've worked on kitchen extensions with deeper footings.
1980s BSA 10sp

Robert88

Postby Robert88 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 18:20 pm

The only time Trump is not lying is when he is jeopardising national security?

That I can believe although in this case, given his honesty, it's more likely they skimped on the footings and they will only have to go down three feet.

darkhairedlord

Postby darkhairedlord » Thu Sep 19, 2019 22:23 pm

Robert88 wrote:

The only time Trump is not lying is when he is jeopardising national security?

That I can believe although in this case, given his honesty, it's more likely they skimped on the footings and they will only have to go down three feet.

The fence posts go down 6 ft, the panels just rest on gravel boards..

KingstonGraham

Postby KingstonGraham » Fri Sep 20, 2019 09:21 am

This Ukraine story is another where he does something out in the open (gets Rudy to go and tell a foreign government that it would be good for them to investigate a political opponent), then only when there is a suggestion he also did it in private is there a scandal because it comes from a whistleblower.

It's weird that the system isn't set up to hold people to account for corruption when they just say they are doing it.

Step83

Postby Step83 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:50 am

KingstonGraham wrote:This Ukraine story is another where he does something out in the open (gets Rudy to go and tell a foreign government that it would be good for them to investigate a political opponent), then only when there is a suggestion he also did it in private is there a scandal because it comes from a whistleblower.

It's weird that the system isn't set up to hold people to account for corruption when they just say they are doing it.

Its becoming more and more clear the vultures are circling in an ever tighter pattern or the dying animal so to speak, just none have the courage to deal the final blow.
You have plenty of people throwing the work Impeachment about and various questionable activities going on but nothing actually gets moved forward.

Lagrange

Postby Lagrange » Sat Sep 21, 2019 18:57 pm

Lagrange wrote:Seems to me that Donald Trump was the only one of the western countries that assessed Iran's intentions correctly. He should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize. :D

...just saying.

Robert88

Postby Robert88 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 06:50 am

darkhairedlord wrote:Ffs, has he still not been driven past a grassy knoll and book suppository yet?

I blame kindle.

Return to “The Cake Stop”