Donald Trump

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
Step83

Re: Donald Trump

Postby Step83 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:49 am

Rolf F wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:dropping nuclear bombs into hurricanes.

#whatcouldgowrong,eh?

Let's just hope his attention span doesn't diminish further and result in him refusing to visit the hurricane and dropping a nuke on Denmark.

Wouldn't worry hes moved on now to getting everyone to go to his own resort for the next G7 summit.

KingstonGraham

Postby KingstonGraham » Tue Aug 27, 2019 14:26 pm

Step83 wrote:
Rolf F wrote:

#whatcouldgowrong,eh?

Let's just hope his attention span doesn't diminish further and result in him refusing to visit the hurricane and dropping a nuke on Denmark.

Wouldn't worry hes moved on now to getting everyone to go to his own resort for the next G7 summit.

Sometimes you have to stand back and admire his corruption.
and then the next thing you know

Rolf F

Postby Rolf F » Wed Aug 28, 2019 07:44 am

KingstonGraham wrote:
Step83 wrote:
Rolf F wrote:

#whatcouldgowrong,eh?

To be fair, he is insisting it isn't anything to do with profiteering; just that his resort is the best place to hold it.
But the president claimed he won’t profit off the event. “In my opinion I’m not going to make any money,” Trump said. “I don’t want to make money. I don’t care about making money.”

Who'd have thunk it?
Meanwhile: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -golf-club
Faster than a tent.......

Pross

Postby Pross » Wed Aug 28, 2019 08:06 am

Rolf F wrote:
KingstonGraham wrote:
Step83 wrote:
Rolf F wrote:

#whatcouldgowrong,eh?

To be fair, he is insisting it isn't anything to do with profiteering; just that his resort is the best place to hold it.
But the president claimed he won’t profit off the event. “In my opinion I’m not going to make any money,” Trump said. “I don’t want to make money. I don’t care about making money.”

Who'd have thunk it?
Meanwhile: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... -golf-club

He's probably correct, he'll lose money as that is his greatest talent.

Rolf F

Postby Rolf F » Wed Aug 28, 2019 08:47 am

Pross wrote:He's probably correct, he'll lose money as that is his greatest talent.

True. It is definitely a trivial thing that cheers me up that I am more financially successful than Donald Trump*!

*As is everyone else on here of course.......

KingstonGraham

Postby KingstonGraham » Wed Aug 28, 2019 08:53 am

Rolf F wrote:Trump said. “I don’t want to make money. I don’t care about making money.”

He really said that? He really has no idea what is about to come out of his mouth every time it opens.

bompington

Postby bompington » Wed Aug 28, 2019 09:24 am

KingstonGraham wrote:
Rolf F wrote:Trump said. “I don’t want to make money. I don’t care about making money.”

He really said that? He really has no idea what is about to come out of his mouth every time it opens.

I think it may be the truth inadvertently slipping out though, as suggested above: he's always had enough money that it's not about making more - I think for him ego is the driver, not cash.

Rolf F

Postby Rolf F » Wed Aug 28, 2019 09:42 am

bompington wrote:
KingstonGraham wrote:

I think it may be the truth inadvertently slipping out though, as suggested above: he's always had enough money that it's not about making more - I think for him ego is the driver, not cash.

I'd say both. It seems a common driver with wealthy people that they need to make more and more money. And, of course, if you have enough money to start with it tends (unless you are Trump) to be relatively easy to make more.

Remember - he is eye-wateringly insecure so he will always want to be making more money than some perceived rival (who probably couldn't care less about their relative wealth). And the fact that he loses money must also rankle badly. I think he cares more about making money than anything else apart from his awareness that everybody thinks he is useless. Becoming president must have made that very clear to him in ways that didn't apply before.

KingstonGraham

Postby KingstonGraham » Wed Aug 28, 2019 09:56 am

bompington wrote:
KingstonGraham wrote:

No, it's cash. What about his presidency makes you think he isn't interested in enriching himself in every way possible? The only way he hasn't taken money is donating the salary.

bianchimoon

Postby bianchimoon » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:44 am

bompington wrote:
KingstonGraham wrote:

ego and cash are inextricably linked to trump, he once created an alter ego named John Barron, and spoke in a barely disguised voice to Forbes claiming (actually provenly lying) that Trump was worth. a lot more than they reported in the US rich list
All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....

Longshot

Postby Longshot » Wed Aug 28, 2019 16:20 pm

KingstonGraham wrote:
bompington wrote:
KingstonGraham wrote:

No, it's cash. What about his presidency makes you think he isn't interested in enriching himself in every way possible? The only way he hasn't taken money is donating the salary.

Disagree, sort of. It's the ego that drives him; cash is just the way of keeping score.

KingstonGraham

Postby KingstonGraham » Wed Aug 28, 2019 16:28 pm

Longshot wrote:
KingstonGraham wrote:
bompington wrote:
KingstonGraham wrote:

Disagree, sort of. It's the ego that drives him; cash is just the way of keeping score.

He loves money and hates Obama. He's as simple as that.

Slowbike

Postby Slowbike » Thu Aug 29, 2019 09:44 am

If he really didn't want to make money from hosting G7 he'd public suggest donating it to some worth charity - I dunno one like RAICES ?? ;)

KingstonGraham

Postby KingstonGraham » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:19 am

Slowbike wrote:If he really didn't want to make money from hosting G7 he'd public suggest donating it to some worth charity - I dunno one like RAICES ?? ;)

Or maybe host it somewhere more suitable that he doesn't personally own. Bit of a wild, out there suggestion, I know.

Step83

Postby Step83 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:45 am

Not sure when the next G7 meeting is, but it would be ironic is it was hit by a hurricane (if hosted in Florida). He would try an use it as a reason they should nuke hurricanes.

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Thu Aug 29, 2019 19:28 pm

KingstonGraham wrote:
Slowbike wrote:If he really didn't want to make money from hosting G7 he'd public suggest donating it to some worth charity - I dunno one like RAICES ?? ;)

Or maybe host it somewhere more suitable that he doesn't personally own. Bit of a wild, out there suggestion, I know.

thats a mad, bad suggestion that is. Crazy talk.

#cray-cray
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

PhilipPirrip

Postby PhilipPirrip » Thu Aug 29, 2019 19:31 pm

Tangled Metal

Postby Tangled Metal » Mon Sep 02, 2019 07:50 am

What about the millions living on the floridean coastline that could be seriously affected? Worth a trashing of his resort there?

More seriously it's now a category 5 with 190mph winds at its eyewall. It's the 2nd largest / most powerful since they recorded such information. It's also unusual in that nothing it has hit so far caused the power of the storm to reduce. Most hurricanes lose strength and never get it back but this one has maintained its strength. The researchers will be studying the measurements of this one for quite some time I reckon.

Sorry for the off topic bit. I get the point about the resort being trashed probably affects trump which is good. It'll stop any use as g7 venue too hopefully.

Rolf F

Postby Rolf F » Mon Sep 02, 2019 07:53 am

Tangled Metal wrote:

What about the millions living on the floridean coastline that could be seriously affected? Worth a trashing of his resort there?

More seriously it's now a category 5 with 190mph winds at its eyewall. It's the 2nd largest / most powerful since they recorded such information. It's also unusual in that nothing it has hit so far caused the power of the storm to reduce. Most hurricanes lose strength and never get it back but this one has maintained its strength. The researchers will be studying the measurements of this one for quite some time I reckon.

Sorry for the off topic bit. I get the point about the resort being trashed probably affects trump which is good. It'll stop any use as g7 venue too hopefully.

I wouldn't get too cheered up by the thought of Mar a Lago being trashed. It will just result in a lot of relief funding being diverted to urgently repair Mar a Lago rather than homes etc. Once upon a time, this comment would have been a joke. Now, sadly, it is what will probably happen.

Return to “The Cake Stop”