Join the Labour Party and save your country!

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
Stevo 666

Re: Join the Labour Party and save your country!

Postby Stevo 666 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:14 am

Mr Goo wrote:
Pross wrote:Hearing Corbyn speaking today about the possibility of an election really is depressing. He's said and done nothing of note on Brexit or any other policy since the last GE and suddenly he's back in man of the people campaign mode. How did we end up with this choice as our nation's leader?

Thankfully he isn't the PM. If by some cataclysmic event he does end up in No10, I'm out of here with every brass Razoo I possess.

Maybe not leave the country, but I have contingency plans in the offing - just in case. Plan for the worst etc...
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Stevo 666

Postby Stevo 666 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:17 am

Ballysmate wrote:
Rolf F wrote:
Pross wrote:Hearing Corbyn speaking today about the possibility of an election really is depressing. He's said and done nothing of note on Brexit or any other policy since the last GE and suddenly he's back in man of the people campaign mode. How did we end up with this choice as our nation's leader?

"Grandad Jeremy - what did you do during Brexit". "Errrrrrrrr, I gave a couple of speeches and nearly expressed an opinion".

I don't know why people are so scared of him as a PM. He wouldn't actually do anything. We'd have five years of dithering and he'd be gone.

This tw@t at No11 would be more scary.

Remember, this is the bloke who was sacked by Ken Livingstone while at the GLC for being too left wing. That has to take some doing :D
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

rjsterry

Postby rjsterry » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:40 am

Stevo 666 wrote:
Ballysmate wrote:
Rolf F wrote:

"Grandad Jeremy - what did you do during Brexit". "Errrrrrrrr, I gave a couple of speeches and nearly expressed an opinion".

I don't know why people are so scared of him as a PM. He wouldn't actually do anything. We'd have five years of dithering and he'd be gone.

Remember, this is the bloke who was sacked by Ken Livingstone while at the GLC for being too left wing. That has to take some doing :D

Better make sure the bunker is stocked up the way things are going.
1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
1980s BSA 10sp

Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.

Surrey Commuter

Postby Surrey Commuter » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:45 am

Mr Goo wrote:
Rolf F wrote:

Diane Abbott as Home Secretary!!!! Just as frightening as JMac in No11.

so scared enough to pack up and leave the country but not scared enough to learn how to spell his name

john80

Postby john80 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 22:34 pm

I cant wait for abbot to be wheeled out at the next election to show us how she has recovered from her last alzheimers display. I am sure she has recovered well. Anyone know what she has got on corbyn to still be on the cabinet?

briantrumpet

Postby briantrumpet » Tue Sep 03, 2019 22:37 pm

Stevo 666 wrote:
Ballysmate wrote:
Rolf F wrote:

Remember, this is the bloke that the Tory No-Dealers have managed to make look almost reasonable.

Stevo 666

Postby Stevo 666 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 22:39 pm

briantrumpet wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
Ballysmate wrote:
Rolf F wrote:

Remember, this is the bloke that the Tory No-Dealers have managed to make look almost reasonable.

Only from the point of view of lefties.
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

briantrumpet

Postby briantrumpet » Tue Sep 03, 2019 22:48 pm

Stevo 666 wrote:
briantrumpet wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
Ballysmate wrote:
Rolf F wrote:

Excellent argument.

Surrey Commuter

Postby Surrey Commuter » Wed Sep 04, 2019 07:17 am

Stevo 666 wrote:
briantrumpet wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
Ballysmate wrote:
Rolf F wrote:

I am definitely not a leftie and definitely feel that Boris has made the prospect of JC less scary

briantrumpet

Postby briantrumpet » Wed Sep 04, 2019 07:26 am

Surrey Commuter wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
briantrumpet wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
Ballysmate wrote:
Rolf F wrote:

I am definitely not a leftie and definitely feel that Boris has made the prospect of JC less scary

It would be a close-run thing as to whether Johnson or Corbyn is more incompetent. At least we've found out about Johnson's incompetence as Prime Minister very quickly, though it wouldn't have taken a fortune teller to predict that.

Rolf F

Postby Rolf F » Wed Sep 04, 2019 07:49 am

The thing to remember is that in 100 years time, a Corbyn Govt will probably be long forgotten. Bojos few weeks in charge and the preceding catastrophe of May and Cameron won't be.
Faster than a tent.......

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Wed Sep 04, 2019 08:02 am

Rolf F wrote:The thing to remember is that in 100 years time, a Corbyn Govt will probably be long forgotten. Bojos few weeks in charge and the preceding catastrophe of May and Cameron won't be.

Ah good ol collective memory.

I bet Churchill didn’t reckon on being discussed and referenced more often in the 2010s than in the entirety of his ‘51-55 PM stint.

KingstonGraham

Postby KingstonGraham » Wed Sep 04, 2019 08:58 am

I think May will be pretty much forgotten, much like Brown. No election win, and nothing actually happened.
and then the next thing you know

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:50 am

List of 82 economists write to the FT, saying that the FT's criticism of labour's economic plans are wide of the mark.

Here's the letter

https://www.ft.com/content/6da72060-cfd ... ded7a7fe3f

briantrumpet

Postby briantrumpet » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:37 am

Surrey Commuter wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
briantrumpet wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
Ballysmate wrote:
Rolf F wrote:

Ah, the lefties at Citibank and Deutsche Bank are of the same opinion, it seems... as reported in The Telegraph:

Jeremy Corbyn, the scourge of bankers and avowed opponent of capitalism, is winning support from unexpected new quarters: two of the biggest global banks operating in the City of London are warming to the Labour leader.

Unlikely as it may seem, he is now seen as the lesser of two evils by analysts at Citibank and Deutsche Bank, respectively American and German titans of the financial system.

“Is Corbyn as bad as no-deal? Perhaps no longer,” said Christian Schulz at Citi.

It is not that the financiers favour the opposition leader’s plans for “higher taxes, tighter labour laws, spending increases and the nationalisation of network industries”, but that this may cause less harm than leaving the EU without a deal.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/20 ... apitalist/

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Sat Sep 07, 2019 19:56 pm

Yeah they might change their mind when they read the lunch with the FT with John McDonnell.

Wants to ban all city bonuses.

(Which in reality of course just means really big base salaries but anyway).

Stevo 666

Postby Stevo 666 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:59 am

:lol:

Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

Pross

Postby Pross » Sun Sep 08, 2019 17:48 pm

Stevo 666 wrote:
briantrumpet wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
Ballysmate wrote:
Rolf F wrote:

He's a danger though as he comes across far more professionally than either Boris or Corbyn. He was very calm on Marr this morning and even answered the questions he was asked. If he became Labour leader I think it would be a big danger to the Tories and we could end up in the clutches of a hard left Government.

Stevo 666

Postby Stevo 666 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 18:08 pm

Pross wrote:He's a danger though as he comes across far more professionally than either Boris or Corbyn. He was very calm on Marr this morning and even answered the questions he was asked. If he became Labour leader I think it would be a big danger to the UK as we could end up in the clutches of a hard left Government.

FTFY.
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

Surrey Commuter

Postby Surrey Commuter » Sun Sep 08, 2019 18:15 pm

Stevo 666 wrote::lol:

Take me home Jeremy Corbyn tree road

Do I win a prize?

Return to “The Cake Stop”