Join the Labour Party and save your country!

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
Stevo 666

Join the Labour Party and save your country!

Postby Stevo 666 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:08 pm

What a fantastic idea :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/politics-blog/11680016/Why-Tories-should-join-Labour-and-back-Jeremy-Corbyn.html

If this goes viral, for the measly sum of £3 each we can put Jeremy Corbyn in charge of the Labour party, consigning Labour to electoral oblivion for quite some time. Quite a few people need to register to make it work, as it says in the link:
"Could this actually work? That depends on how many Tories sign up. The size of the Labour leadership electorate is projected to be 240,000 or thereabouts, so quite large. Second preferences are redistributed and, assuming Liz Kendal’s eliminated first, followed by Yvette Cooper, I can’t see him getting many of those. To win, therefore, Corbyn would need to get close to 50 per cent of first preferences – quite a tall order, even in a party as bats**t crazy as Labour." :lol:

I'm now a registered supporter of the Labour party :mrgreen: Come on comrades, your country needs you - get registered and tell your friends...
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

ddraver

Re: Join the Labour Party and save your country!

Postby ddraver » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:30 pm

Another proud moment for British politics

Way to go us

:roll:
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver
- Blog-http://davekio.wordpress.com/

Tangled Metal

Postby Tangled Metal » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:31 pm

Very funny. Would be interested to see it work out but doubt it will.

Rick Chasey
Lives Here

Postby Rick Chasey » Wed Jun 17, 2015 13:04 pm

You're an idiot.

mamba80

Postby mamba80 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 13:07 pm

Rick Chasey wrote:You're an idiot.

^^^^^ you ve been found out Stevo6 :lol:

Flâneur

Postby Flâneur » Wed Jun 17, 2015 13:17 pm

I feel that lacked imagination or really hit the depth required
Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
Crudder
CX
Toy

Ballysmate

Postby Ballysmate » Wed Jun 17, 2015 13:55 pm

Save your money Stevo. It may be a ruse for the lefties to raise money. Even if loads of us voted for him, I'm sure we would be outvoted when Red Len rocks up and casts his votes. :lol:

Tangled Metal

Postby Tangled Metal » Wed Jun 17, 2015 14:02 pm

Really just £3?? I think I saw something about it being from £3. Or in the style of telecoms broadband speed in reverse. They say from £3 but most have to spend £25 to become members unless one of the workshy slackjaws who normally support Labour left!!! :wink:

Chris Bass

Postby Chris Bass » Wed Jun 17, 2015 14:30 pm

Could this not just generate a load of cash fro Labour. Torries joining so they can vote and then a load of labour supporters who wouldn't have normally joined sign up to stop the torries swinging the vote.
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

DeVlaeminck

Postby DeVlaeminck » Wed Jun 17, 2015 16:05 pm

I think I preferred it when Tories had the good grace to be ashamed enough about their political views to keep quiet about them.
Holbrook Sports FC Women - sign for us

Tangled Metal

Postby Tangled Metal » Wed Jun 17, 2015 18:23 pm

DeVlaeminck wrote:I think I preferred it when Tories had the good grace to be ashamed enough about their political views to keep quiet about them.

Has any political party ever been ashamed of their policies. Thinking about Blair's Iraq war as a prime example of policy to be ashamed of.

DeVlaeminck

Postby DeVlaeminck » Wed Jun 17, 2015 18:29 pm

I was thinking more about the so called "shy tories".
Holbrook Sports FC Women - sign for us

Stevo 666

Postby Stevo 666 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 18:57 pm

mamba80 wrote:

^^^^^ you ve been found out Stevo6 :lol:

What, you mean you only realised because you read Ricks witty and incisive reply? :P

Not sure why he's so narked about this, unless he's finally given up on the Lib Dems and defected to Labour in an act of political desperation :wink:
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Pinno

Postby Pinno » Wed Jun 17, 2015 19:30 pm

sa0u823e wrote:

Can't say I disagree with you Sae15w40

FWIW, Look what happened when a bean counter was at the helm. Don't vote stevo666.
S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."

Stevo 666

Postby Stevo 666 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 21:27 pm

pinarello001 wrote:
sa0u823e wrote:

Can't say I disagree with you Sae15w40

FWIW, Look what happened when a bean counter was at the helm. Don't vote stevo666.

I have no ambitions to stand for elected office - unlike some people :wink:

All I want to do is exercise my democratic right to help get beardy Captain Bats**t elected to lead Labour into the electoral wilderness, a bit like Michael Foot did in the early 80's. It's the least they deserve :)
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

orraloon

Postby orraloon » Wed Jun 17, 2015 22:01 pm

[quote="Stevo 666]
All I want to do is exercise my democratic right to help get beardy Captain Bats**t elected to lead Labour into the electoral wilderness, a bit like Michael Foot did in the early 80's. It's the least they deserve :)[/quote]

You might want to think more on why Shiny Face Dave is pandering to the 50 Euronutter Tory MPs. FFS there are 280+ other Tories, what's up with them? Paralysed with indecision on whether to be rational or conform to the tax dodging newspaper owners' personal agendas?

bompington

Postby bompington » Wed Jun 17, 2015 22:05 pm

Bompetta, being 5, is a keen Cbeebies fan, and I had a nagging feeling Corbyn looked a bit familiar:
Has anyone ever seen Bernard Cribbins and Jeremy Corbyn in the same room at the same time?

Pinno

Postby Pinno » Wed Jun 17, 2015 22:40 pm

orraloon wrote:[quote="Stevo 666]
All I want to do is exercise my democratic right to help get beardy Captain Bats**t elected to lead Labour into the electoral wilderness, a bit like Michael Foot did in the early 80's. It's the least they deserve :)[/quote]

You might want to think more on why Shiny Face Dave is pandering to the 50 Euronutter Tory MPs. FFS there are 280+ other Tories, what's up with them? Paralysed with indecision on whether to be rational or conform to the tax dodging newspaper owners' personal agendas?[/quote]

Don't come in here talking sense. Sod off.
S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."

Stevo 666

Postby Stevo 666 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 06:49 am

orraloon wrote:[quote="Stevo 666]

You might want to think more on why Shiny Face Dave is pandering to the 50 Euronutter Tory MPs. FFS there are 280+ other Tories, what's up with them? Paralysed with indecision on whether to be rational or conform to the tax dodging newspaper owners' personal agendas?[/quote]

Why? I get my vote on that as well and I'll make my own mind up :)

Now back to destroying Labours electability...
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

Ballysmate

Postby Ballysmate » Thu Jun 18, 2015 07:00 am

Five years ago I got to enjoy, no, endure a speech by Dave Nellist, who had been a Labour MP during the 80s.
These people should be encouraged to speak at every opportunity. I had never heard such vicious bile in all my life. Let the people know what they really stand for.
And some people want the Labour Party to go back to these 'traditional' values espoused in the 70s and 80s? FFS!!!

Return to “The Cake Stop”