BREXIT - Meh.

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
User avatar
rjsterry
Posts: 14098
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 18:26 pm

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby rjsterry » Wed Jun 19, 2019 15:26 pm

An interesting thread on the interpretation of polling and how Labour is basing its policy/dithering on a 2nd ref on flawed conclusions.

https://twitter.com/robfordmancs/status ... 0319705088

The shadow cabinet are worried that moving to a more pro-remain stance will lose them some seats, but at the same time one survey has them losing votes to the LibDems, Greens and Brexit Party in a 2:1:1 ratio based on their current stance.
1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
1980s BSA 10sp

Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.

User avatar
briantrumpet
Posts: 3438
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 22:47 pm
Contact:

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby briantrumpet » Wed Jun 19, 2019 16:08 pm

rjsterry wrote:An interesting thread on the interpretation of polling and how Labour is basing its policy/dithering on a 2nd ref on flawed conclusions.

https://twitter.com/robfordmancs/status ... 0319705088

The shadow cabinet are worried that moving to a more pro-remain stance will lose them some seats, but at the same time one survey has them losing votes to the LibDems, Greens and Brexit Party in a 2:1:1 ratio based on their current stance.

I think it's more likely wilful misinterpretation of polls (or sticking fingers in ears and going "lalala"), to suit the ideological ends of Corbyn and his two 'trusted advisers'. His giving an inch or two to Remain is to stop Labour splitting, that's all.

User avatar
Robert88
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 05:44 am

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby Robert88 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 09:23 am

Image

User avatar
Rick Chasey
Lives Here
Posts: 42895
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 15:34 pm

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby Rick Chasey » Thu Jun 20, 2019 14:23 pm

Taoiseach saying there is “enormous hostility” to another extension....

Given it needs unanimous support....

User avatar
rjsterry
Posts: 14098
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 18:26 pm

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby rjsterry » Thu Jun 20, 2019 16:16 pm

Rick Chasey wrote:Taoiseach saying there is “enormous hostility” to another extension....

Given it needs unanimous support....


Also WA will not be reopened (as if this needed repeating) and no deal = no transition, no nothing just out on our ars*.
1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
1980s BSA 10sp

Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.

User avatar
Rick Chasey
Lives Here
Posts: 42895
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 15:34 pm

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby Rick Chasey » Fri Jun 21, 2019 14:27 pm

How would you lead the European Union? https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2019 ... minal=true

DrHaggis
Posts: 664
Joined: Fri Sep 01, 2017 21:07 pm

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby DrHaggis » Fri Jun 21, 2019 14:39 pm

Rick Chasey wrote:How would you lead the European Union? https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2019 ... minal=true


Trying to compromise, until my opinion of Merkel's economic model puts me between a rock and a hard place?

User avatar
Robert88
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 05:44 am

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby Robert88 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 14:42 pm

rjsterry wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:Taoiseach saying there is “enormous hostility” to another extension....

Given it needs unanimous support....


Also WA will not be reopened (as if this needed repeating) and no deal = no transition, no nothing just out on our ars*.


OK so when do we need to panic-buy?

User avatar
TailWindHome
Posts: 13183
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 08:57 am

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby TailWindHome » Fri Jun 21, 2019 18:50 pm

rjsterry wrote:
Rick Chasey wrote:Taoiseach saying there is “enormous hostility” to another extension....

Given it needs unanimous support....


Also WA will not be reopened (as if this needed repeating) and no deal = no transition, no nothing just out on our ars*.


Ireland currently preparing the Budget based on a no deal assumption.
"ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? IS THIS NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE?"

User avatar
Pinno
Posts: 34390
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 15:37 pm

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby Pinno » Fri Jun 21, 2019 21:32 pm

I was saying just yesterday that it's been too long for Boris to have a gaff...
Then he has a row.

Can the pressure on him be ramped up so he trips over properly?
Candidate hustings and personal flaws. It's the right cocktail.
S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

"They put Jesus on a 'x' and then they deaded him" (My daughter, 5yo)
Me: They used to catch Cod that weighed 50kg
Daughter (now 6): How did they get it in the pan?!

User avatar
Robert88
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 05:44 am

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby Robert88 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:32 am

This funny:

Nigel Farage accused of faking a letter from a 10-year-old Brexiteer whose 'school brainwashes him to be pro-EU'

He's right, the letter is indeed amazing but we know his tricks.

Surrey Commuter
Posts: 7907
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 14:09 pm

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby Surrey Commuter » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:28 pm

Pinno wrote:I was saying just yesterday that it's been too long for Boris to have a gaff...
Then he has a row.

Can the pressure on him be ramped up so he trips over properly?
Candidate hustings and personal flaws. It's the right cocktail.


It is very Council to leave the mother of your children for a young floozy half your age then have the police called as you are screaming and chucking things at each other


User avatar
Pinno
Posts: 34390
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 15:37 pm

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby Pinno » Sat Jun 22, 2019 15:32 pm



His GF wants him to leave but he doesn't get it.
S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

"They put Jesus on a 'x' and then they deaded him" (My daughter, 5yo)
Me: They used to catch Cod that weighed 50kg
Daughter (now 6): How did they get it in the pan?!

User avatar
Robert88
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 05:44 am

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby Robert88 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 16:15 pm

Surrey Commuter wrote:
Pinno wrote:I was saying just yesterday that it's been too long for Boris to have a gaff...
Then he has a row.

Can the pressure on him be ramped up so he trips over properly?
Candidate hustings and personal flaws. It's the right cocktail.


It is very Council to leave the mother of your children for a young floozy half your age then have the police called as you are screaming and chucking things at each other


Yes, Boris being Boris, he is aiming to get on the first Jeremy Kyle show when it returns.

Image

His only proviso is that they mustn't ask him to be the one to take a lie detector test.

Image

User avatar
Stevo 666
Posts: 32550
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:21 am

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby Stevo 666 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 17:02 pm

Pinno wrote:


His GF wants him to leave but he doesn't get it.

For some reason it reminded me of this :)
https://www.facebook.com/bbcthree/videos/quickies-breaking-up-with-a-remoaner/2243826552508985/
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

User avatar
Robert88
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 05:44 am

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby Robert88 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 07:31 am

Stevo 666 wrote:
Pinno wrote:


His GF wants him to leave but he doesn't get it.

For some reason it reminded me of this :)
https://www.facebook.com/bbcthree/videos/quickies-breaking-up-with-a-remoaner/2243826552508985/


She'll be back! She hasn't got the CDs.

Getting back to Alexander Kerfuffle Johnson, it's going to be fascinating watching his antics in number 10. I understand we'll have to get used to Steve Bannon and Nigel Farage paying regular visits to keep him on message.

User avatar
Stevo 666
Posts: 32550
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:21 am

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby Stevo 666 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 09:08 am

Robert88 wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
Pinno wrote:


His GF wants him to leave but he doesn't get it.

For some reason it reminded me of this :)
https://www.facebook.com/bbcthree/videos/quickies-breaking-up-with-a-remoaner/2243826552508985/


She'll be back! She hasn't got the CDs.

Getting back to Alexander Kerfuffle Johnson, it's going to be fascinating watching his antics in number 10. I understand we'll have to get used to Steve Bannon and Nigel Farage paying regular visits to keep him on message.

She left the cheese as well.
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

User avatar
Pinno
Posts: 34390
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 15:37 pm

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby Pinno » Sun Jun 23, 2019 09:10 am

Stevo 666 wrote:
Robert88 wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:
Pinno wrote:


His GF wants him to leave but he doesn't get it.

For some reason it reminded me of this :)
https://www.facebook.com/bbcthree/videos/quickies-breaking-up-with-a-remoaner/2243826552508985/


She'll be back! She hasn't got the CDs.

Getting back to Alexander Kerfuffle Johnson, it's going to be fascinating watching his antics in number 10. I understand we'll have to get used to Steve Bannon and Nigel Farage paying regular visits to keep him on message.

She left the cheese as well.


I hope it's a good Camembert that's well matured.
S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

"They put Jesus on a 'x' and then they deaded him" (My daughter, 5yo)
Me: They used to catch Cod that weighed 50kg
Daughter (now 6): How did they get it in the pan?!

User avatar
Stevo 666
Posts: 32550
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:21 am

Re: BREXIT - Ich Bin Auslander

Postby Stevo 666 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 09:20 am

Pinno wrote:
Stevo 666 wrote:She left the cheese as well.


I hope it's a good Camembert that's well matured.

Not Stinking Bishop then?
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]


Return to “The Cake Stop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests