Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
SurferCyclist

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby SurferCyclist » Sat Sep 07, 2019 17:29 pm

Bad day for the England haters, even winning in the wendyball. Currently 4-0 up v Bulgaria.

mfin

Postby mfin » Sat Sep 07, 2019 19:10 pm

When driving, if someone is fuming with road rage directed at you and they are doing things like flashing their lights, screwing up their face with aggression and sticking up the finger etc, then reacting by giving them a really cheerful super camp friendly wave and a big smile in return is just brilliant.

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Sat Sep 07, 2019 19:19 pm

mfin wrote:When driving, if someone is fuming with road rage directed at you and they are doing things like flashing their lights, screwing up their face with aggression and sticking up the finger etc, then reacting by giving them a really cheerful super camp friendly wave and a big smile in return is just brilliant.

we tend to give them a big thumbs up and a huge smile. works perfectly every time.
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Sat Sep 07, 2019 19:21 pm

Pat Cummins' first over today. Sheer genius.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

PBlakeney

Postby PBlakeney » Sat Sep 07, 2019 19:38 pm

Matthewfalle wrote:
mfin wrote:When driving, if someone is fuming with road rage directed at you and they are doing things like flashing their lights, screwing up their face with aggression and sticking up the finger etc, then reacting by giving them a really cheerful super camp friendly wave and a big smile in return is just brilliant.

we tend to give them a big thumbs up and a huge smile. works perfectly every time.

Blow kisses.
Last gammon looked like his rage would last all week. :lol:
The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
I am not sure. You have no chance.

Veronese68 wrote:PB is the most sensible person on here.

bendertherobot

Postby bendertherobot » Sun Sep 08, 2019 09:13 am

Guitars. I haven't even bought one yet. Just looking at which one and youtube reviews has me buzzing.
My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
Facebook? No. Just say no.

Veronese68
Lives Here

Postby Veronese68 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 14:01 pm

PBlakeney wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

Blow kisses.

I just failed at that, narrow road with traffic 'calming' that brings out the worst in people near here. Pushy bloke in a black Range Rover insisted on remaining attached to the bumper of the car in front even though she could barely get through the gap. Rather than wait at the wider gap Mr Toad kept going, as he crawled by my window with his also open I couldn't resist saying "patience is a virtue.....ya prick" I drove off at this point as others had the decency to wait, I could hear him erupting with rage as I left. :lol:

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Sun Sep 08, 2019 18:06 pm

the cricket. smash. boom. wham kazaaaam. decimated. destroyed. hyperbole.

the far, far, far, better side won.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

Robert88

Postby Robert88 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 19:00 pm

Veronese68 wrote:
PBlakeney wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

Blow kisses.

I just failed at that, narrow road with traffic 'calming' that brings out the worst in people near here. Pushy bloke in a black Range Rover insisted on remaining attached to the bumper of the car in front even though she could barely get through the gap. Rather than wait at the wider gap Mr Toad kept going, as he crawled by my window with his also open I couldn't resist saying "patience is a virtue.....ya prick" I drove off at this point as others had the decency to wait, I could hear him erupting with rage as I left. :lol:

When I get my autonomous vehicle I do hope it has a road-rage mode.

MF please explain the Cricket, why does it matter? As I understand it they are only tests, when are they going to do it for real?

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Sun Sep 08, 2019 19:11 pm

MF please explain the Cricket, why does it matter? As I understand it they are only tests, when are they going to do it for real?[/quote]

i like this. lots.

het.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

SurferCyclist

Postby SurferCyclist » Sun Sep 08, 2019 19:18 pm

Robert88 wrote:
Veronese68 wrote:
PBlakeney wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

Blow kisses.

MF please explain the Cricket, why does it matter? As I understand it they are only tests, when are they going to do it for real?

He doesn't know anything about it. Just jumps on any passing bandwagon if England should lose at something.

Surrey Commuter

Postby Surrey Commuter » Sun Sep 08, 2019 19:27 pm

SurferCyclist wrote:
Robert88 wrote:
Veronese68 wrote:
PBlakeney wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

Blow kisses.

He doesn't know anything about it. Just jumps on any passing bandwagon if England should lose at something.

Defining yourself by hatred of another is not at all healthy and more than a little sad. This is multiplied tenfold when the hatred is not reciprocated

SurferCyclist

Postby SurferCyclist » Sun Sep 08, 2019 19:30 pm

Indeed, it is truly sad he hates the English.

darkhairedlord

Postby darkhairedlord » Sun Sep 08, 2019 19:38 pm

bendertherobot wrote:Guitars. I haven't even bought one yet. Just looking at which one and youtube reviews has me buzzing.

Electric I hope.

Pinno

Postby Pinno » Sun Sep 08, 2019 20:31 pm

darkhairedlord wrote:
bendertherobot wrote:Guitars. I haven't even bought one yet. Just looking at which one and youtube reviews has me buzzing.

Electric I hope.

If it gives you a real 'buzz', i'd have a look at the wiring.
S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."

awavey

Postby awavey » Sun Sep 08, 2019 21:02 pm

SurferCyclist wrote:
Robert88 wrote:
Veronese68 wrote:
PBlakeney wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

Blow kisses.

is it worth pointing out its the England & WALES cricket board then, Glamorgan,Cardiff etc etc ;)

Stevo 666

Postby Stevo 666 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 22:17 pm

awavey wrote:
SurferCyclist wrote:
Robert88 wrote:
Veronese68 wrote:
PBlakeney wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

Blow kisses.

is it worth pointing out its the England & WALES cricket board then, Glamorgan,Cardiff etc etc ;)

:lol:

I laughed so much I dropped my sandpaper.
Whippet
Bruiser
Panzer
Commuter

"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Wayne Plunger

Postby Wayne Plunger » Mon Sep 09, 2019 06:24 am

Stevo 666 wrote:
awavey wrote:
SurferCyclist wrote:
Robert88 wrote:
Veronese68 wrote:
PBlakeney wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:

Blow kisses.

:lol:

I laughed so much I dropped my sandpaper.

Point in case.

Rolf F

Postby Rolf F » Mon Sep 09, 2019 07:55 am

Go vintage. Saves time in the long run.......
Faster than a tent.......

bendertherobot

Postby bendertherobot » Mon Sep 09, 2019 08:18 am

darkhairedlord wrote:

Electric I hope.

Aye. Haven't looked at vintage yet but current thoughts are:

Fender Player HSS in some sort of sunburst of tobacco etc.

Boss Katana 50.

This colour

My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
Facebook? No. Just say no.

Return to “The Cake Stop”