Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

The place for more serious off topic questions, light hearted banter and friendly chat.
User avatar
orraloon
Posts: 5151
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 08:45 am

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby orraloon » Wed Sep 04, 2019 20:22 pm

I fot a Glamarok is one of dem ponced up sparkly bits Chelsee tractor fings like wot wannabe proper Mitsu L200s innit.

User avatar
Pinno
Posts: 35032
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 15:37 pm

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby Pinno » Wed Sep 04, 2019 20:24 pm

bompington wrote:Image


'Cos we're fick innit.
S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."

User avatar
Ballysmate
Posts: 12958
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 08:45 am

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby Ballysmate » Wed Sep 04, 2019 20:33 pm

bompington wrote:Image

Audi 80L

Image


Pinno does have a penchant for old German clunkers.
May be his next project.

User avatar
Pinno
Posts: 35032
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 15:37 pm

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby Pinno » Wed Sep 04, 2019 20:40 pm

Yes but not in that colour.
S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."

User avatar
Cowsham
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 20:15 pm

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby Cowsham » Thu Sep 05, 2019 07:16 am

Discovering Jane Morgan.

HaydenM
Posts: 2638
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 09:03 am

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby HaydenM » Thu Sep 05, 2019 08:23 am

orraloon wrote:I fot a Glamarok is one of dem ponced up sparkly bits Chelsee tractor fings like wot wannabe proper Mitsu L200s innit.


Then my car would either be the same as, or worse than all the people who are supposed to think I'm important. Can't be having that can we! :lol:

awavey
Posts: 2092
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 22:46 pm

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby awavey » Thu Sep 05, 2019 19:40 pm

3 times on my ride in this morning I got overtaken/pulled out on by a MGIF motorist, all 3 times within 10-15 seconds I was back ahead of them as they all failed to take account of the next obstacle and left a gap, it was childish I know but it made me smile

User avatar
Cowsham
Posts: 1419
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 20:15 pm

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby Cowsham » Thu Sep 05, 2019 21:19 pm

awavey wrote:3 times on my ride in this morning I got overtaken/pulled out on by a MGIF motorist, all 3 times within 10-15 seconds I was back ahead of them as they all failed to take account of the next obstacle and left a gap, it was childish I know but it made me smile


If it was me in the car I would just stay politely behind you -- for about 5 miles.

User avatar
Pinno
Posts: 35032
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 15:37 pm

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby Pinno » Thu Sep 05, 2019 23:02 pm

Cowsham wrote:
awavey wrote:3 times on my ride in this morning I got overtaken/pulled out on by a MGIF motorist, all 3 times within 10-15 seconds I was back ahead of them as they all failed to take account of the next obstacle and left a gap, it was childish I know but it made me smile


If it was me in the car I would just stay politely behind you -- for about 5 miles.


Perving?
S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."

User avatar
Pinno
Posts: 35032
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 15:37 pm

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby Pinno » Thu Sep 05, 2019 23:02 pm

Back OT: This years Vuelta. It's been magic so far.
S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."

awavey
Posts: 2092
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 22:46 pm

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby awavey » Fri Sep 06, 2019 21:09 pm

Cowsham wrote:
awavey wrote:3 times on my ride in this morning I got overtaken/pulled out on by a MGIF motorist, all 3 times within 10-15 seconds I was back ahead of them as they all failed to take account of the next obstacle and left a gap, it was childish I know but it made me smile


If it was me in the car I would just stay politely behind you -- for about 5 miles.


(checks I havent ended up in the bottom bracket by mistake)...this does not cheer me up :roll:

User avatar
orraloon
Posts: 5151
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2003 08:45 am

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby orraloon » Fri Sep 06, 2019 21:18 pm

awavey, watch today's stage of La Vuelta, well the last 8km, and that will cheer you up.

awavey
Posts: 2092
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 22:46 pm

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby awavey » Fri Sep 06, 2019 22:51 pm

orraloon wrote:awavey, watch today's stage of La Vuelta, well the last 8km, and that will cheer you up.


that was quite alot of uphill there :) blimey when even the km boards to go are telling you the percentage is 13% uphill, that just seems cruel :lol:

plus Boels Ladies Tour stage 3 https://youtu.be/yAOBgSbus1k Lizzie D in the final break, sprinting ended up 3rd,but building for the worlds ?

User avatar
Pinno
Posts: 35032
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 15:37 pm

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby Pinno » Fri Sep 06, 2019 23:35 pm

awavey wrote:...(checks I havent ended up in the bottom bracket by mistake)...this does not cheer me up :roll:


God forbid!
We're okay you know, more tolerant and accepting than you would presume. There's all sorts in there from all walks of life and some of them dress funny* and bat for who ever.

*If you know what I mean.
S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."

User avatar
Robert88
Posts: 2675
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 05:44 am

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby Robert88 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 07:18 am

Pinno wrote:Back OT: This years Vuelta. It's been magic so far.


It has, a better spectacle than the TdF IMO.

SurferCyclist
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 07:37 am

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby SurferCyclist » Sat Sep 07, 2019 07:20 am

England 37 Italy 0. Yep, the mighty Italians didn't score a single point :lol:

User avatar
Pinno
Posts: 35032
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2009 15:37 pm

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby Pinno » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:20 am

Robert88 wrote:
Pinno wrote:Back OT: This years Vuelta. It's been magic so far.


It has, a better spectacle than the TdF IMO.


1st Giro*, then Vuelta, then TdF. It's always been that way. Too much show and not enough emphasis on racing in the TdF. They need to take a leaf out of the other tour organisers.

*Except for this year's Giro.
S - The Brazilian beach volleyball team
W - Wiggle Honda

"This year will be harder than last year. But that is good news; this year will be easier than next year."

PBlakeney
Posts: 9375
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 22:37 pm

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby PBlakeney » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:46 am

Pinno wrote:
Robert88 wrote:
Pinno wrote:Back OT: This years Vuelta. It's been magic so far.


It has, a better spectacle than the TdF IMO.


1st Giro*, then Vuelta, then TdF. It's always been that way. Too much show and not enough emphasis on racing in the TdF. They need to take a leaf out of the other tour organisers.

*Except for this year's Giro.

They did for this years. IMO.
Wonderful year for the armchair fan. Cheers me up.
The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
I am not sure. You have no chance.

Veronese68 wrote:PB is the most sensible person on here.

crispybug2
Posts: 2903
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 18:28 pm

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby crispybug2 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:06 pm

SurferCyclist wrote:England 37 Italy 0. Yep, the mighty Italians didn't score a single point :lol:



Although to be fair it was a second string Italian line up, but yeah they were utterly hopeless

SurferCyclist
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2017 07:37 am

Re: Seemingly trivial things that cheer you up

Postby SurferCyclist » Sat Sep 07, 2019 16:36 pm

Ireland 19 Wales 10 :lol: :lol: :lol:


Return to “The Cake Stop”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests