i have an issue with my bike

An area to discuss the use of and any issues with using http://www.bikely.com/ and the BikeRadar Routes

Moderator: MajorMantra

arman_ea2010

i have an issue with my bike

Postby arman_ea2010 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 01:03 am

hi guys i'm new here, i have an issue with my bike , where should i ask for guidance?
the gears suddenly have stopped working, they are too hard that it needs a lot of force to change them,the back gear doesnt move at all, the bike has been outside for afew days, its a brand new bike, only one month. what do you think is the problem?

Lagrange

Re: i have an issue with my bike

Postby Lagrange » Tue Aug 13, 2019 07:50 am

If it is really that stuck and has become so then the gear cable maybe snagged. Starting from the back the ear cable should terminate on the derailleur leaving a tag with a cap on it. Check that has not become snagged somewhere. Then go for the routing underneath the bottom bracket - where the pedals are. check that there is not a bit of wood or land mine snagging there. Ckeck the cable -you can unclip it without detaching it at either end. Slide the cable up and down - should be free. The tricky part is on the bar - inside the shifter. Open this (screw on the bottom) and have a look). Fix what you can see wrong if you are confident - Parktools have a maintenance website.

If you are new to bikes and not confident then take it back - not fit for purpose.

JBA

Re: i have an issue with my bike

Postby JBA » Tue Aug 13, 2019 14:51 pm

If it's an MTB post in Mountain biking Forum -> MTB Workshop & Tech.
If it's a road bike post in Road cycling forum -> Workshop.

However, as it's a new bike you're probably best off taking it back to the shop you bought it from and asking them to have a look at it. Most LBS's offer a free 6-week service on any bike they sell.
“Life has been unfaithful
And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Bird Zero Mk1 ¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Defy 1 2015
Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009

Return to “Bikely”