PlanetX RT-80 eTap rebuild

Show off your bikes here...
User avatar
Step83
Posts: 3249
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 17:23 pm

PlanetX RT-80 eTap rebuild

Postby Step83 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 14:50 pm

Did some bargain black Friday shopping, came back with an eTap group set and red brakes/ Paid a bit more attention building it this time too so everything should now behave still tempted to do something frame wise to it

Planetx RT-80 Medium frameset
Specialized carbon SWAT bottle cages multi tool mounts into the base of the seat tube cage
Sram Etap all bar the cassette which is Force Red XG1170 11-32T KMC lightweight chain
Quarq crankset 172.5 alloy
Deda zero 90mm stem
Ritchley Neo classic alloy bars
Deda Superleggero seatpost
Hope seatpost clamp
Specialized Power Pro saddle
Reynolds Strike 66 on the older Reynolds KT Hubs Cyro brake shoes for summer, Superstar 30mm things and swiss stop greens for winter
Vittoria Latex tubes
Schawalbe one V guard
Shimano R540 light action pedals
Jagwire Elite Road Link brake cables
Carbon skewers
FSA Expander plug and headset
Kapz custom stem cap
Generic carbon spacers
Prologo cork bar tape in black

Weights:
Winter/climbing - 7.77Kg
Summer 8.01Kg

No tape in the photo but weighed with the tape stacked on the saddle

Image

Been out for a quick shake down spin, very enjoyable ride feels the same as before bar the shifting which is sublime rear brakes a little soft for my liking but has lots of control, front though is spot on

Matthewfalle
Posts: 16861
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 23:06 pm

Re: PlanetX RT-80 eTap rebuild

Postby Matthewfalle » Sat Dec 08, 2018 17:09 pm

cool. very cool. especilly cool with those wheels. big phat het.
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

SJH76
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 13:13 pm

Re: PlanetX RT-80 eTap rebuild

Postby SJH76 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 17:32 pm

Step83 wrote:
No tape in the photo but weighed with the tape stacked on the saddle


Did you factor in the weight of the sticky tape as well? Could be a few grams there

User avatar
Step83
Posts: 3249
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 17:23 pm

Re: PlanetX RT-80 eTap rebuild

Postby Step83 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 18:58 pm

Matthewfalle wrote:cool. very cool. especilly cool with those wheels. big phat het.


Danke not sure if I want some stickers on them or not they are very big an wooshy.

SJH76 wrote:
Step83 wrote:
No tape in the photo but weighed with the tape stacked on the saddle


Did you factor in the weight of the sticky tape as well? Could be a few grams there


Probably over compensated as I didn't use the full runs of the bar tape so it may be a smidge less if anything.

Matthewfalle
Posts: 16861
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 23:06 pm

Re: PlanetX RT-80 eTap rebuild

Postby Matthewfalle » Sat Dec 08, 2018 20:00 pm

Step83 wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:cool. very cool. especilly cool with those wheels. big phat het.


Danke not sure if I want some stickers on them or not they are very big an wooshy.
.


No stickers. Stealth. Stickers will end up looking too "busy" and like a clubbie or dentist who rides a Pinarello like that angry Pinarello dude on here.
Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

Shirley Basso
Posts: 3065
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 09:39 am

Re: PlanetX RT-80 eTap rebuild

Postby Shirley Basso » Sat Dec 08, 2018 23:03 pm

I have a white bike and wheels defo look better unstickerd.

Not-another-hill!
Posts: 1255
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 20:04 pm

Re: PlanetX RT-80 eTap rebuild

Postby Not-another-hill! » Sun Dec 09, 2018 13:13 pm

Matthewfalle wrote:
Step83 wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:cool. very cool. especilly cool with those wheels. big phat het.


Danke not sure if I want some stickers on them or not they are very big an wooshy.
.


No stickers. Stealth. Stickers will end up looking too "busy" and like a clubbie or dentist who rides a Pinarello like that angry Pinarello dude on here.


I’m not a dentist.... :roll:
Dry Days - Pinarello Gan S Di2
Wet Days - Pinarello Kobh Di2

User avatar
Step83
Posts: 3249
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 17:23 pm

Re: PlanetX RT-80 eTap rebuild

Postby Step83 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 09:48 am

Unstickered it is...

Not-another-hill! wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:
Step83 wrote:
Matthewfalle wrote:cool. very cool. especilly cool with those wheels. big phat het.


Danke not sure if I want some stickers on them or not they are very big an wooshy.
.


No stickers. Stealth. Stickers will end up looking too "busy" and like a clubbie or dentist who rides a Pinarello like that angry Pinarello dude on here.


I’m not a dentist.... :roll:


You've been seen in a dentist, guilty by association there.

First ride out shifting was silky smooth despite the heavy rain and standing water managed to sync up the Wahoo so it shows me what gear I'm in.

Little tweaking needed as I kept getting numbness in the right hand going to ride again unchanged as I may have just been gripping to tightly with it as the left hand was totally fin.

Bar the minor hand issues I literally cannot fault it it doesn't care about cross chaining, also the lack of chain slap over rough ground and cattle grids is very nice.

SloppySchleckonds
Posts: 8179
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 16:25 pm

Re: PlanetX RT-80 eTap rebuild

Postby SloppySchleckonds » Wed Dec 12, 2018 18:08 pm

I like white bikes, drop a few stem spacers and point the shifters down a bit and we're good to go.
I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles


Return to “Your Road Bikes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: L7kke and 14 guests