Custom frame painting?

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
trek_dan

Re: Custom frame painting?

Postby trek_dan » Fri Sep 06, 2019 09:05 am

Darrell1967 wrote:I’m reading this with interest because I’ve got a Specialized Tarmac carbon frame in the loft that’s begging for a respray. I wanted to build it into an S Works replica with a Lamborghini Gallardo orange paint job with gloss black forks and S Works decals on the down tubes. Colour Tech Custom Sprays was a name that was suggested. They’re based in Dartford.

It’s got a couple of problems with it which I’ll ask about later.

If your putting (probably) £500 into a paintjob would not be better of selling and buying a real S-Works :lol:

Darrell1967

Postby Darrell1967 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 05:56 am

trek_dan wrote:
Darrell1967 wrote:I’m reading this with interest because I’ve got a Specialized Tarmac carbon frame in the loft that’s begging for a respray. I wanted to build it into an S Works replica with a Lamborghini Gallardo orange paint job with gloss black forks and S Works decals on the down tubes. Colour Tech Custom Sprays was a name that was suggested. They’re based in Dartford.

It’s got a couple of problems with it which I’ll ask about later.

If your putting (probably) £500 into a paintjob would not be better of selling and buying a real S-Works :lol:

If it cost that much it’s staying in the loft!

Matthewfalle

Postby Matthewfalle » Tue Sep 10, 2019 17:34 pm

Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D

smithy21 wrote:
He's right you know.

PBlakeney

Postby PBlakeney » Tue Sep 10, 2019 18:50 pm

Imposter wrote:
neeb wrote:Lots of ideas, thanks.

Like the look of Kustomflow and Fat Creations.

It would be silly to spend more than the frame is currently worth on the 2nd hand market so I probably wouldn't want to spend more than a few hundred quid (certainly no more than £700). Fancy something like a metalic green or purple, maybe a two-tone fade, with some basic logo reproductions.

In which case, Argos Cycles - well worth a look. http://argoscycles.com/

I've not used them but I did have them recommended to me so got a quote should I feel the Colnago Master requires it.
Full respray and logo replacement £250. Can't remember if that included the chrome. A couple of years ago mind...
The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
I am not sure. You have no chance.

Veronese68 wrote:PB is the most sensible person on here.

Return to “Road Buying Advice”