Shorts for longer rides

What bike and bike bits should you buy?
ugo.santalucia

Re: Shorts for longer rides

Postby ugo.santalucia » Mon May 27, 2019 08:35 am

My 2 year old DHB Aeron are peeling off elastic... bit disappointing, as they haven't seen a lot of use.
I have ordered a pair of Lusso PRO gel things, hopefully they'll be more durable

FatTed

Postby FatTed » Tue May 28, 2019 07:08 am

My favourite are Red White Bibs

RoyPSB

Postby RoyPSB » Tue May 28, 2019 20:39 pm

ChippyK wrote:
RoyPSB wrote:
ttf wrote:I used to be a die-hard Rapha Pro Team advocate but recently stumped up the cash for some of the CHPT3 Origin 1.11 shorts (these puppies: https://chpt3.com/collections/shorts-le ... 9292031044)... Truly different ball game (no pun intended) in terms of long-distance comfort. They use Castelli's Progetto 2 chamois pad and it's like night and day from the Rapha stuff, which is saying something as I thought the same when first wearing Rapha. They're expensive, yes, but quality is incredible and I think they do a 30-day money back guarantee if you're not mad about them.

If the budget doesn't stretch, worth checking out their new Girona bibs (about £100) - I bought some recently for my commutes and shorter rides and comfort is almost on par with the Origin stuff but for much less £££.

Just bought a pair of the 1.11 bibs. Just tried them on and they do feel like top quality. A little long in the leg for me, but I am short. Not a problem though and looking forward to trying them out. Got them for £154 in sale which is still by some distance the most I’ve paid for bibs. High hopes and expectations.

I’ve a cupboard rammed with Rapha, all bought in the sale or archive store so I don’t mind spending money, but £154 for bibs AND in the sale? Wow, are they that good?

I’ll find out at the weekend!

NorvernRob

Postby NorvernRob » Tue May 28, 2019 20:55 pm

Another vote for La Passione. They feel top quality, and the best thing I can say about them is that I don’t give them any thought at all whilst out riding. I’ve done a few 100+ mile rides with no issues, I’ve got a pair of DHB Aeron Pro too but LP are on another level (hence why I now have 3 pairs).

Return to “Road Buying Advice”