You tube cycling vlogs!

Talk about your races - Time Trials, Road Races or Cyclocross.
burnthesheep

Re: You tube cycling vlogs!

Postby burnthesheep » Thu Oct 05, 2017 19:38 pm

pastryboy wrote:What you're saying sounds nothing like The Vegan Cyclist. I think you're actually referring to Durian Rider.

Kym non-stop is worth a look - not a dedicated cycling vlog but a fair amount of cycling content and she's hot.

Oops. I messed that one up. Sorry vegan cyclist wherever you are, it wasn't you. Yes, it's Durian Rider.

Sebbieboi

Postby Sebbieboi » Fri Oct 27, 2017 19:35 pm

Hey I make cycling vlogs and videos!

Check them out here: https://youtu.be/mPN6snXavgc

cliobritt

Postby cliobritt » Mon Sep 24, 2018 18:09 pm

jasperverkuijl
Comes across as such a nice chap and a first officer on KLM too, so cud’s quite varied.

MishMash95

Postby MishMash95 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 21:53 pm

I personally watch:
jasperverkuijl -- Really good high end race insight
Ed Laverack - Welsh pro conti rider -- Vlogs can be a bit scrappy/long (not always straight to the point), but he's a pro continental rider, previously for JLT Condor, and an insane hill climber
Bikerader -- hill climb diaries -- hard to miss on this site right :P
Vegan Cyclist - Awesome content, despite the name, doesn't harp on about being vegan all that much and super super super high quality content. Probably my favourite of them all!
Cycling Cam - from time to time, depending on specific content -- I like the race/training stuff, the day-to-day vlogs not so much
Phil Gaimon - Just utter insanity, but motivating and fun. Different attitude/perspective, but its dece.
Eat Plants - Don't really care for the vegan message, but some decent training/motivational videos

I tend to mostly enjoy videos of either races, or just things about training and plenty of people going for PBs/suffering, as I find that motivating for my own training. I care less about things like bike reviews/component tutorials/general vlogs, but that's just me.

I do enjoy watching GCN, mostly for the top-gear style banter and just the range of things they do. The added insight into news surrounding cycling, racing etc; is all quite interesting!

Toks

Postby Toks » Wed Nov 21, 2018 08:09 am

MishMash95 wrote:I personally watch:
Ed Laverack - Welsh pro conti rider -- Vlogs can be a bit scrappy/long (not always straight to the point), but he's a pro continental rider, previously for JLT Condor, and an insane hill climber
Vegan Cyclist - Awesome content, despite the name, doesn't harp on about being vegan all that much and super super super high quality content. Probably my favourite of them all!
Cycling Cam - from time to time, depending on specific content -- I like the race/training stuff, the day-to-day vlogs not so much
Phil Gaimon - Just utter insanity, but motivating and fun. Different attitude/perspective, but its dece.
Eat Plants - Don't really care for the vegan message, but some decent training/motivational videos

I tend to mostly enjoy videos of either races, or just things about training and plenty of people going for PBs/suffering, as I find that motivating for my own training. I care less about things like bike reviews/component tutorials/general vlogs, but that's just me.

I do enjoy watching GCN, mostly for the top-gear style banter and just the range of things they do. The added insight into news surrounding cycling, racing etc; is all quite interesting!
cool!!
throw in Francis Cade. Apart from Ed Laverak (bit dull) I agree with all of those. Don't forget the girls - Keira McVitty, Kim Nonstop and Juliet Elliot :) :)

djrikki

Postby djrikki » Wed Nov 21, 2018 22:30 pm

Personally I enjoy Katie Kookaburra's YouTube channel and also Adam Watkins - both cover audax rides, Adam even more so, but Katie's loves to cover everything cycle-wise having recently down Deloitte across Britain - that was fun to watch.

There isn't many cycling vlogs out there it seems, especially not for my passion which is randonneuring and audax - both of them inspired me to give it a shot myself.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Sn5B ... MJtQ4jVqsw

Bumo_b

Postby Bumo_b » Wed Nov 28, 2018 08:57 am

I quite enjoy Chris Miller Cycling (aussie) although took a bit of getting use to, Phil Gaimon and Francis Cade. Found GCN gets a bit samey after a while.
Durianrider, total nut job!

thistle (MBNW)

Postby thistle (MBNW) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 09:01 am

BR did a series in buildup to the national hill climb: https://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/art ... s-1-52914/

cld531c

Postby cld531c » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:40 pm

djrikki wrote:Personally I enjoy Katie Kookaburra's YouTube channel and also Adam Watkins - both cover audax rides, Adam even more so, but Katie's loves to cover everything cycle-wise having recently down Deloitte across Britain - that was fun to watch.

There isn't many cycling vlogs out there it seems, especially not for my passion which is randonneuring and audax - both of them inspired me to give it a shot myself.

Went off KK when she said she had a FTP of 4.1w/kg and a higher power output than Juliet Elliott's FTP video. I smell bull***t.

pnmorgan

Postby pnmorgan » Wed Nov 28, 2018 13:17 pm

I used to enjoy the Ollie Weekly series on Cycling Weekly, before he joined GCN.
GCN is getting a bit samey these days.

The Bikeradar hill climb diaries series has been brilliant stuff.

scott_w1987

Postby scott_w1987 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 08:52 am

MishMash95 wrote:I personally watch:

Willie Smit also does some reasonable vlogging, he's a South African neo pro for Katusha Alpecin. Good for some world tour level insight.

Spartacus1981

Postby Spartacus1981 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 19:49 pm

In fairness to Ed (as a fellow Welshman), I think he's still honing his vlogging skills. He can waffle a bit but maybe that's just his personality and I'd like to see him gain followers. He's also still relatively young and hopefully he'll get on another team too. I think Jasper is cool as I like the race stuff 'What's up ... Cycling fannattiicccs : )'. Cycling Cam is decent and straight up. I can see why some wouldn't like it but like how he's also doing the Grupetto podcast and I do find Chris Pritchard amusing !

joe2008

Postby joe2008 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 16:41 pm

I tend to find most of them pretty nauseating after a couple of minutes.

At least Ed seems a genuinely likeable character; I have watched a few of his.

Rank_amateur

Postby Rank_amateur » Wed Jan 09, 2019 22:47 pm

No mention of Dustin Klein above, as far as I can see, but I’ve been watching all of his stuff lately and it’s really well done. Based in Portland, Oregon, with weather that sometimes makes the UK look tropical and some big rides. This one in particular makes me feel like heading out in whatever the weather. https://youtu.be/0v2HlXpoyQw

Beatmaker

Postby Beatmaker » Mon Jan 21, 2019 13:49 pm

Woah, there are some pretty serious accusations about DurianRider on a website set up specifically about him, if you Google his name.

amrushton

Postby amrushton » Tue Feb 05, 2019 15:10 pm

cld531c wrote:
djrikki wrote:Personally I enjoy Katie Kookaburra's YouTube channel and also Adam Watkins - both cover audax rides, Adam even more so, but Katie's loves to cover everything cycle-wise having recently down Deloitte across Britain - that was fun to watch.

Went off KK when she said she had a FTP of 4.1w/kg and a higher power output than Juliet Elliott's FTP video. I smell bull***t.

i dont even know what that means (last sentence)! She is certainly enthusiastic and is prepared to detail her fails as well as successes. If she inspires more people to ride that's good. In the end these are just people on the internet with their views - you dont have to watch them. I enjoy the Col Collective ones or is that more of a travelogue?

cld531c

Postby cld531c » Tue Feb 05, 2019 17:05 pm

amrushton wrote:
cld531c wrote:

i dont even know what that means (last sentence)! She is certainly enthusiastic and is prepared to detail her fails as well as successes. If she inspires more people to ride that's good. In the end these are just people on the internet with their views - you dont have to watch them. I enjoy the Col Collective ones or is that more of a travelogue?

Watch the 'New FTP!' video. Never heard of Col Collective, will give them a try. Are you her new PR person or just a fan? I notice you linked her video on another thread....

amrushton

Postby amrushton » Wed Feb 06, 2019 09:04 am

cld531c wrote:
amrushton wrote:
cld531c wrote:

Watch the 'New FTP!' video. Never heard of Col Collective, will give them a try. Are you her new PR person or just a fan? I notice you linked her video on another thread....

Someone asked a question re womens saddles - so might as well get a woman to do the answering. The Col Collectives are utter mountain fest with the addition of some nice kit (he is sponsored by Mavic

Ben6899

Postby Ben6899 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 16:51 pm

Beatmaker wrote:Woah, there are some pretty serious accusations about DurianRider on a website set up specifically about him, if you Google his name.

Wow! Just had a look at that. Madness!

Francis Cade
Shane Miller
Oz Cycle

Brilliant cinematography and general film making
Indoor training guru
Workshop and home mechanic help and tips
Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/

SurferCyclist

Postby SurferCyclist » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:43 am

Just recently started watching Vegan Cyclist - he is excellent. Funny, self deprecating and a damn good cyclist. Durainrider is a total spanner to be avoided at all costs.

Linky https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpn6aF ... A/featured

Note - I'm not a vegan, not even a vegetarian but his videos are ace.

Return to “Amateur Race”