Got a question for Cycling Plus experts? Ask it here!

Talk about your races - Time Trials, Road Races or Cyclocross.
Imposter

Re: Got a question for Cycling Plus experts? Ask it here!

Postby Imposter » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:58 am

tl1000gussie wrote:Where is the most aerodynamic place to mount your pump on the bike?

I was given a lenzyne pump for christmas and want to mount it on the bike as I am concerned that if I have it in the back of my shirt and crash it may impale me!! ( Or am i being a Nancy)

I was thinking about putting it behind the seat post and making a bracket, or would it better or make no difference on the downtube.

If you're racing - you don't need one. If you're not racing - aero doesn't matter.

Gethinceri

Postby Gethinceri » Thu Jan 07, 2016 16:21 pm

Why are so few of these questions being answered? I'm particularly interested in the Russian Amateur Cycling scene.

Mundo69

Postby Mundo69 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:53 am

Hi
What is the best pre race meal for a TT ?

Buckles

Postby Buckles » Sun Apr 09, 2017 17:44 pm

Imposter wrote:
tl1000gussie wrote:Where is the most aerodynamic place to mount your pump on the bike?

I was given a lenzyne pump for christmas and want to mount it on the bike as I am concerned that if I have it in the back of my shirt and crash it may impale me!! ( Or am i being a Nancy)

I was thinking about putting it behind the seat post and making a bracket, or would it better or make no difference on the downtube.

If you're racing - you don't need one. If you're not racing - aero doesn't matter.

Not even if you puncture half way around a 20 mile road course with no neutral service car?

I carried a pump on my seat tube every time I raced. Got me out of trouble three times (but not the time that I forgot to put an inner tube in my back pocket)
25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y

Buckles

Postby Buckles » Sun Apr 09, 2017 17:46 pm

Mundo69 wrote:Hi
What is the best pre race meal for a TT ?
Egg on toast
25% off your first MyProtein order: sign up via https://www.myprotein.com/referrals.lis ... EE-R29Y&li or use my referral code LEE-R29Y

Imposter

Postby Imposter » Sun Apr 09, 2017 17:51 pm

Buckles wrote:
Imposter wrote:

Not even if you puncture half way around a 20 mile road course with no neutral service car?

I carried a pump on my seat tube every time I raced. Got me out of trouble three times (but not the time that I forgot to put an inner tube in my back pocket)

I never did - nor did anyone else I'm aware of while racing. The following car usually had a radio and people usually got a lift back, somehow. I only ever recall flatting in two races, once with neutral service, and the other time was right by the HQ anyway.

Return to “Amateur Race”