There are a number of questions that get asked rather frequently in here. Re asking an already asked question tends to attract apathetic and disinterested answers. Reading the answers to an already answered question and commenting on them tends to attract much admiration and people willing to put inordinate amounts of effort in to helping you.
There is a search function on the forum (see where it says 'SEARCH' in big letters up and right) so please use it!
1) Before posting on the forums, read these rules: http://www.immediate.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/
2) Just so it's clear, the above rules say 'no advertising'. Please observe this or your post will be deleted and you will be banned. The exception to this is the classifieds section, which has its own set of rules relating to what you are allowed to advertise.
3) Don't quote the entire message that you're responding to, only the pertinent passage.
4) Use proper English, do not use 'txt tlk'. Do not enlarge font size.
5) The main forum sections are not an "online chat room" for inane banter or stupid postings. Please use the specific off topic areas or software specifically designed for this purpose, i.e. MSN Messenger, ICQ etc...
6) No cross posting. Post your message to the appropriate forum and nowhere else or it will be locked or deleted without warning.
7)Do not post for sale messages apart from in the Classifieds section: viewforum.php?f=40080
8 ) Don't post just to increase your post count. If you have nothing to say on a certain matter then don't post.
9 ) Members are not permitted to harass or "flame" other members. Please note that this also includes the posting of taunts on a forum solely for the purpose of deriding that forum's topic and/or members.
10) Do not "bump" your topics back to the top of the forum boards. This is not fair on other users, any topics found to be bumped will be removed.
11) The forum has a search facility, please use it, the chances are your topic has been posted before, don't double post! search.php
12) Make your topic title descriptive. Do not use titles like "HEEELLLPPP PPPLEEASE!!!!" as these topics are often overlooked, and may well be deleted.
13) Please be considerate when posting long links. If it is going to create a horizontal scroll bar, shorten the link. Mods who find oversized links that create horizontal scrollbars will delete your post. Use http://www.tinyurl.com to shorten your link if you find that easier than forum code.
14) The size of signatures should be kept to a minimum (two or three lines), the advertising of items for sale is NOT allowed in the signature, this includes Ebay. Make sure your signature won't be mistaken for being part of your post.
15) Do not create multiple accounts.
16) Do not post "How much is it worth?" topics. If you want to know, look on other sites for a benchmark.
17) Do not post other people's personal information on here, without their express permission (posted by them on the forum). This includes, but is not limited to, e-mail addresses, phone numbers and postal addresses.
18) Do not reply to spam posts - report them.
19) If the actions and posts of any member are causing the use of the forum to be unpleasant for others, the moderators can take action regardless of whether or not that user's posts are in contravention of the above rules.
Summary: Behave nicely. If doing it in 'the real world' would be frowned upon, don't do it here.
Where the BikeRadar team hang out. Discuss the website and the forums here.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest