Need some pointers!

New to Cycling? Want some advice? Start here...
facebook
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 05:47 am

Need some pointers!

Postby facebook » Tue Mar 12, 2013 05:53 am

Hey so i started riding heavy last year i picked up a trek 2100 and been riding that has the 105s with shimano a600s i love it got about 1400 miles on it last year. i also picked up a trek 1000 sl but i dont no much abuot that bike so if i could get some facts and tips with the trek 1000 sl id appreciate it!! thanks

User avatar
RDB66
Posts: 471
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 15:27 pm

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby RDB66 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 17:33 pm

Trek website...look in the Archives Section. Should find all you need to know.
A Brother of the Wheel. http://www.boxfordbikeclub.co.uk

09 Canyon Ultimate CF for the Road.
2011 Carbon Spesh Stumpy FSR.

MattyyP
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 21:34 pm

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby MattyyP » Tue Mar 12, 2013 20:39 pm

RDB66 wrote:Trek website...look in the Archives Section. Should find all you need to know.


+1

We aren't personal researchers :P
Specialized Secteur Sport 2011
B'Twin Rockrider 8 XC
B'Twin Rockrider 9.1

User avatar
smidsy
Posts: 5248
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 20:52 pm

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby smidsy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 15:46 pm

Pointer #1 - do not write in colour, it is hard to read.

Pointer #2 - I, is only ever written as a capital letter.

Pointer #3 - It is best to do research before buying the product. You might find it's rubbish and now you already have it.

Pointer #4 - Expect answers to be directly proportionate the the level of the question.

Pointer #5 - Don't be so silly again.

:-)

PS: Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask questions, but only after checking the search function to make sure you are not asking a repeat question. (e.g What wheels, Is my average seed OK, Anything about Mavic). :lol:
Yellow is the new Black.

keef66
Posts: 13193
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 09:46 am

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby keef66 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 16:11 pm

You're lucky nobody has done the 'Let me Google that for you' yet.

User avatar
cheaterkiller
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 20:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby cheaterkiller » Wed Mar 13, 2013 17:53 pm

smidsy wrote:Pointer #1 - do not write in colour, it is hard to read.

Pointer #2 - I, is only ever written as a capital letter.

Pointer #3 - It is best to do research before buying the product. You might find it's rubbish and now you already have it.

Pointer #4 - Expect answers to be directly proportionate the the level of the question.

Pointer #5 - Don't be so silly again.

:-)

PS: Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask questions, but only after checking the search function to make sure you are not asking a repeat question. (e.g What wheels, Is my average seed OK, Anything about Mavic). :lol:


If that were the case then the most popular forums (usually COD ones) would be virtually dead. Its not only inevitable, but perfectly acceptable IMO for there to be several posts involving similar topics. Its only a problem when theres *****ing millions asking the same question over and over. Bottom line is that forums are for discussing things regardless of repetition. Im actually a moderator on another forum so I have a good idea of what is considered acceptable and what isnt. Just stop being so pedantic mate.

As for the topic I know nothing about treks so cant advise.
Cycling IS NOT full of dopists! and motorsport isnt full of women drivers!

User avatar
team47b
Posts: 6103
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 18:39 pm

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby team47b » Wed Mar 13, 2013 18:12 pm

"Im actually a moderator on another forum so I have a good idea of what is considered acceptable and what isnt."


That explains a lot :roll:
my isetta is a 300cc bike

MattyyP
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 21:34 pm

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby MattyyP » Wed Mar 13, 2013 19:55 pm

team47b wrote:"Im actually a moderator on another forum so I have a good idea of what is considered acceptable and what isnt."


That explains a lot :roll:



+1
Specialized Secteur Sport 2011
B'Twin Rockrider 8 XC
B'Twin Rockrider 9.1

CMH15
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 09:05 am

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby CMH15 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 20:15 pm

smidsy wrote:Pointer #1 - do not write in colour, it is hard to read.

Pointer #2 - I, is only ever written as a capital letter.

Pointer #3 - It is best to do research before buying the product. You might find it's rubbish and now you already have it.

Pointer #4 - Expect answers to be directly proportionate the the level of the question.

Pointer #5 - Don't be so silly again.

:-)

PS: Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask questions, but only after checking the search function to make sure you are not asking a repeat question. (e.g What wheels, Is my average seed OK, Anything about Mavic). :lol:



If the above is the quality of your average seed best you sow your best seed. Or speed off and let those with constructive advice or pointers contribute without the unnecessary bullying. :oops:

User avatar
smidsy
Posts: 5248
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 20:52 pm

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby smidsy » Wed Mar 13, 2013 21:02 pm

@CMH15 - If you consider my post bullying I suggest you stop visiting now. I was giving constructive advice. The fact you do not think so or do not like the advice is entirely another matter.

If you spend a little more time here you will see hundreds of posts where I offer very good advice. Perhaps when you have more than 2 posts we can judge your level. Until then I reserve judgement.
Yellow is the new Black.

letap73
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 20:41 pm

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby letap73 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 22:32 pm

[quote="smidsy
you will see hundreds of posts where I offer very good advice[/quote]

I think that is certainly a matter for debate :mrgreen:

letap73
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 20:41 pm

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby letap73 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 22:36 pm

Op - I have a Trek 1400 which I should have gotten rid of but I really love it - it will have basically the same frame as the 1000 but with a better groupset - mine has 105, the 1000 - Tiagra/Sora.

User avatar
ShutUpLegs
Posts: 3511
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 19:07 pm

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby ShutUpLegs » Wed Mar 13, 2013 23:06 pm

letap73 wrote:[quote="smidsy
you will see hundreds of posts where I offer very good advice


I think that is certainly a matter for debate :mrgreen:[/quote]

Never argue with someone who cannot use the quote function
I Like Black Bikes

Danlikesbikes
Posts: 3865
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 22:10 pm

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby Danlikesbikes » Wed Mar 13, 2013 23:23 pm

facebook wrote:Hey so i started riding heavy last year i picked up a trek 2100 and been riding that has the 105s with shimano a600s i love it got about 1400 miles on it last year. i also picked up a trek 1000 sl but i dont no much abuot that bike so if i could get some facts and tips with the trek 1000 sl id appreciate it!! thanks


BR did a review of this bike a while ago which might be of help http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... 1000-19927
Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.

letap73
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 20:41 pm

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby letap73 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 07:20 am

ShutUpLegs wrote:
letap73 wrote:[quote="smidsy
you will see hundreds of posts where I offer very good advice


I think that is certainly a matter for debate :mrgreen:

Never argue with someone who cannot use the quote function


+1
And never argue with pedantic as@holes :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by letap73 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 07:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
smidsy
Posts: 5248
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 20:52 pm

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby smidsy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 07:21 am

letap73 wrote:I think that is certainly a matter for debate :mrgreen:

Which means I am right and you are wrong! :P
Yellow is the new Black.

letap73
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 20:41 pm

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby letap73 » Thu Mar 14, 2013 07:30 am

smidsy wrote:
letap73 wrote:I think that is certainly a matter for debate :mrgreen:

Which means I am right and you are wrong! :P

+1
I better agree, just in case I incur the wrath of the "special one" from Wavering Down. :cry:

User avatar
smidsy
Posts: 5248
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 20:52 pm

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby smidsy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 07:36 am

Wimp :-)
Yellow is the new Black.

User avatar
cheaterkiller
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2013 20:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby cheaterkiller » Thu Mar 14, 2013 18:51 pm

smidsy wrote:@CMH15 - If you consider my post bullying I suggest you stop visiting now. I was giving constructive advice. The fact you do not think so or do not like the advice is entirely another matter.

If you spend a little more time here you will see hundreds of posts where I offer very good advice. Perhaps when you have more than 2 posts we can judge your level. Until then I reserve judgement.


Maybe so but your advice in this thread has just been sarcastic and not relevant to the questions asked. Why criticize his font colour ffs! I didnt find it hard to read so I could advise you get glasses or something, what goes around comes around mate. Next time just answer the questions properly even if you feel the questions are a load of crap. With that being said you likely wont.

This colour would be hard to read
Cycling IS NOT full of dopists! and motorsport isnt full of women drivers!

User avatar
smidsy
Posts: 5248
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 20:52 pm

Re: Need some pointers!

Postby smidsy » Thu Mar 14, 2013 18:55 pm

Just type in Black ffs!

And yes yellow is particularly unsuitable (although quite easy to read if you highlight it with the mouse).

And I did answer his query I told him it is better to get advice before spending the money. Very relevant I think.
Yellow is the new Black.


Return to “Road Beginners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests