Rapha Store in Manchester - Parking your Bike?

General bike chat that does not fit elsewhere
User avatar
HebdenBiker
Posts: 737
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 18:05 pm

Rapha Store in Manchester - Parking your Bike?

Postby HebdenBiker » Sun May 31, 2015 22:00 pm

I want to ride over there next week and go in for a coffee. Is there any alternative to locking your bike to a lamppost outside for the local smackheads to pick over?

t4tomo
Posts: 2554
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 21:27 pm

Re: Rapha Store in Manchester - Parking your Bike?

Postby t4tomo » Sun May 31, 2015 22:09 pm

Costa and a proper bike shop?
Bianchi Infinito CV
Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
Brompton S Type
Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
Gary Fisher Aquila '98
Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem

User avatar
Lancew
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 22:57 pm

Re: Rapha Store in Manchester - Parking your Bike?

Postby Lancew » Sun May 31, 2015 22:12 pm

The store in London has bike parking spaces.

It looks from this picture that the Manchester one does too.

Image
Specialized Allez Sport 2013

pinarellokid
Posts: 1131
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 16:06 pm

Re: Rapha Store in Manchester - Parking your Bike?

Postby pinarellokid » Mon Jun 01, 2015 04:05 am

Yep bike parking inside the downstairs cafe, think they even supply a cafe lock from behind the counter if you ask nicely. I'd be more worried about going upstairs to the main cafe and showroom.

Wooden stairs and cleats are a recipe for disaster.
Dread to think how many people have nearly slipped when walking on them
Specialized S Works SL2 . Campagnolo Record 11spd. rolling on Campag Zonda wheels

http://app.strava.com/athletes/881211

99thmonkey
Posts: 646
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 14:29 pm

Re: Rapha Store in Manchester - Parking your Bike?

Postby 99thmonkey » Mon Jun 01, 2015 05:30 am

t4tomo wrote:Costa and a proper bike shop?


If you are going to a proper bike shop then do the same with your coffee ;)

User avatar
Pippi Langsamer
Posts: 1410
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 20:15 pm

Re: Rapha Store in Manchester - Parking your Bike?

Postby Pippi Langsamer » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:04 pm

99thmonkey wrote:
t4tomo wrote:Costa and a proper bike shop?


If you are going to a proper bike shop then do the same with your coffee ;)


:lol: Chapeau!

nibby
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:13 am

Re: Rapha Store in Manchester - Parking your Bike?

Postby nibby » Wed Jun 03, 2015 21:18 pm

99thmonkey wrote:
t4tomo wrote:Costa and a proper bike shop?


If you are going to a proper bike shop then do the same with your coffee ;)


Brilliant :D

Costa!! ...would rather drink my own p&&&

User avatar
ScottishGeek
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 05:55 am

Re: Rapha Store in Manchester - Parking your Bike?

Postby ScottishGeek » Wed Jun 03, 2015 21:49 pm

Was in Rapha Manchester on Saturday and they did not have enough staff to run the downstairs cafe as well as staff upstairs.they had ho objection to taking bikes upstairs and locking them to the railings along the landing. They have a lift too if needed. Didn't try and access it myself though.

mrushton
Posts: 5063
Joined: Wed Jan 15, 2003 07:24 am
Contact:

Re: Rapha Store in Manchester - Parking your Bike?

Postby mrushton » Thu Jun 04, 2015 08:12 am

ScottishGeek wrote:Was in Rapha Manchester on Saturday and they did not have enough staff to run the downstairs cafe as well as staff upstairs.they had ho objection to taking bikes upstairs and locking them to the railings along the landing. They have a lift too if needed. Didn't try and access it myself though.


They'll provide a lock for downstairs and you can take your bike upstairs.

ben@31
Posts: 2330
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2012 23:24 pm

Re: Rapha Store in Manchester - Parking your Bike?

Postby ben@31 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 22:27 pm

nibby wrote:
99thmonkey wrote:
t4tomo wrote:Costa and a proper bike shop?


If you are going to a proper bike shop then do the same with your coffee ;)


Brilliant :D

Costa!! ...would rather drink my own p&&&


Port ?
Pint ?
Pale (ale) ?
"The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby

User avatar
ScottishGeek
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 05:55 am

Re: Rapha Store in Manchester - Parking your Bike?

Postby ScottishGeek » Sun Jun 07, 2015 05:58 am

mrushton wrote:
ScottishGeek wrote:Was in Rapha Manchester on Saturday and they did not have enough staff to run the downstairs cafe as well as staff upstairs.they had ho objection to taking bikes upstairs and locking them to the railings along the landing. They have a lift too if needed. Didn't try and access it myself though.


They'll provide a lock for downstairs and you can take your bike upstairs.


I had my own 'cafe' lock with me but Mrs SG was unsure about leaving her pride and joy effectively unattended. As I said though the staff had no issue, and even suggestedm taking the bikes upstairs.

CYCLESPORT1
Posts: 451
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 05:51 am

Re: Rapha Store in Manchester - Parking your Bike?

Postby CYCLESPORT1 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 08:57 am



Return to “Road General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 64 guests