Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Come and join in the banter: discuss here anything you want, whether bike related or not!
NitrousOxide
Posts: 3809
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 16:52 pm

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby NitrousOxide » Tue Sep 25, 2018 08:04 am

Merlin have an automatic 10% discount applied to basket for selected items from brands including...

Continental
Schwalbe
Time
Look
Vittoria
Fizik
Mavic
Fulcrum
Giro
Hope

Includes "nice" tyres, so you could use 100 reward points code to get a pair of 25mm 4 Seasons for ~£57 with free delivery.
================
2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
2016 Voodoo Wazoo

corriebee1
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:28 am

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby corriebee1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 13:38 pm

TonyJams wrote:Huge amount of Louis Garneau kit going cheap. You can probably hazard an informed guess why, but it still means jumbo savings to be had for anyone stocking up their wardrobe - jerseys from £2.50, gloves from a fiver, arm warmers from a fiver. There's shoes in there but not a huge amount left. See them all here (used as size options are easier to filter there than the main site)


Just plumped for a Louis Garneau Course helmet, reduced from £160 to £50 then a £5 off £50 spend so £45 delivered.

Seems like decent value from reading the reviews.

User avatar
Wolfsbane2k
Posts: 2840
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:35 pm

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby Wolfsbane2k » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:49 pm

Not directly cycling related, but 26" Keter Pro tool box for £10 from B&Q, courtesy of HKUD.
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/keter- ... bq-3060127

Purchased one to keep all the bike tools in - should fit in pedal wrenches and other long handled tools in easily.
(YEs, I know the answer is a proper tool wall..)
Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...

thistle (MBNW)
Posts: 2596
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 17:37 pm

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby thistle (MBNW) » Thu Sep 27, 2018 07:15 am

Has this been shared yet?
(old) 11 speed 11-28 105 cassette for £29.99 at Evans https://www.evanscycles.com/shimano-105 ... e-EV219234 (11-32 and 12-25 are £34.99).
2% quidco and maybe 10% BC on top of that.

TonyJams
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 14:57 pm

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby TonyJams » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:37 am

corriebee1 wrote:
TonyJams wrote:Huge amount of Louis Garneau kit going cheap. You can probably hazard an informed guess why, but it still means jumbo savings to be had for anyone stocking up their wardrobe - jerseys from £2.50, gloves from a fiver, arm warmers from a fiver. There's shoes in there but not a huge amount left. See them all here (used as size options are easier to filter there than the main site)


Just plumped for a Louis Garneau Course helmet, reduced from £160 to £50 then a £5 off £50 spend so £45 delivered.

Seems like decent value from reading the reviews.


You're not wrong there mate, the LG stuff is generally very good kit, and at that money you're on to a winner.

Interesting to see other higher end brands now discounting hard this week - eg Castelli Women's Cromo Light Jacket with 65% off (in Black), Ale Klimatik K-Stopper jacket, Castelli Women's Pro Light gilets and Funkier lightweight jacket all with 55% off
And various Castelli jerseys and Team Sky kit clearing with 50% off now with good size ranges.
Mainly at Wiggle but other retailers also. Whole load of it here
Now looking forward to see what tomorrow will bring!

Edindevon
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 17:28 pm

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby Edindevon » Thu Sep 27, 2018 17:53 pm

Edindevon wrote:Halfords currently have the JetBlack WhisperDrive DDM Trainer + App reduced to £262.61. http://www.halfords.com/cycling/turbo-trainers/trainers/jetblack-whisperdrive-ddm-trainer--app

This isn't marked as an internet exclusive so British Cycling members should be able to get a further 10% off.


This trainer is now down to £246.53 at Halfords having gone up to £400 a while ago. I imagine it will go back up in price and / or go out of stock if they sell a few.

Sale items are now excluded from the British Cycling members 10% off deal, but I guess you could try for it via click and collect.

Update 28/9/18 - This trainer is now £238.08.

Update 2/10/18 - Showing as £235.45, but no longer available for delivery or collection.
Last edited by Edindevon on Tue Oct 02, 2018 17:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Edindevon
Posts: 337
Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 17:28 pm

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby Edindevon » Thu Sep 27, 2018 18:39 pm

dhope wrote:
Edindevon wrote:The Time Fluidity Classic Ultegra Road Bike in Extra Large was previously £3,499, but they've knocked another £500 off and you have to think it will get snapped up pretty quickly - https://www.merlincycles.com/time-fluidity-classic-ultegra-road-bike-2017-111511.html

what am I missing? Unless that frameset is an absolute gem then it's a £1500 bike. Mediocre wheels, last gen groupset and bog standard Deda finishing kit.

There's nothing wrong with any of it, but it's not 3k and it certainly was never 8.5k

Humbug :lol:


It seems like you were right, as they never sold this out at £2999. Time are one the brands included in Merlin's current 10% off deal, so the bike can now be had for £2700.

PedroJake
Posts: 210
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 20:42 pm

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby PedroJake » Thu Sep 27, 2018 21:20 pm

SloppySchleckonds wrote:Prime 38mm carbon wheels
No sure if this is a mis-price but look a bargain
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/prim ... prod166557

£454 with BC discount.
Latest Prime carbon rims: Rim Width: 19mm (internal) 27.5mm (external) Rim Depth 38mm
Tubeless, Weight:Pair 1429g


Up to £787 now I’m in a position to pull the trigger........

TwoToeBenny
Posts: 706
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 09:01 am

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby TwoToeBenny » Thu Sep 27, 2018 21:26 pm

Edindevon wrote:
Edindevon wrote:Halfords currently have the JetBlack WhisperDrive DDM Trainer + App reduced to £262.61. http://www.halfords.com/cycling/turbo-trainers/trainers/jetblack-whisperdrive-ddm-trainer--app

This isn't marked as an internet exclusive so British Cycling members should be able to get a further 10% off.


This trainer is now down to £246.53 at Halfords having gone up to £400 a while ago. I imagine it will go back up in price and / or go out of stock if they sell a few.

Sale items are now excluded from the British Cycling members 10% off deal, but I guess you could try for it via click and collect.


Not sure if this has been discussed but now to get a code from BC for the Halfords 10%

TimothyW
Posts: 2382
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:15 am

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby TimothyW » Thu Sep 27, 2018 22:28 pm

Anyone thinking of a chain reaction purchase, get a move on - from October the British cycling discount is no longer 10% off, just £10 off and you need to spend £150!!!

:-(

Daniel B
Posts: 8541
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:43 pm

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby Daniel B » Fri Sep 28, 2018 04:37 am

TimothyW wrote:Anyone thinking of a chain reaction purchase, get a move on - from October the British cycling discount is no longer 10% off, just £10 off and you need to spend £150!!!

:-(


Oh bugger, that's a huge shame, have used that several times over the years - could be a massive saving should you choose to buy a bike.
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

blackstar500
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:52 am

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby blackstar500 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 06:05 am

TimothyW wrote:Anyone thinking of a chain reaction purchase, get a move on - from October the British cycling discount is no longer 10% off, just £10 off and you need to spend £150!!!

:-(


Many Thanks

greenamex2
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 09:36 am

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby greenamex2 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 08:34 am

Dura-Ace chain to go with the Dura-Ace levers I got dead cheap from Evans.

It really does look like a closing down sale at the moment!

TonyJams
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 14:57 pm

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby TonyJams » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:58 am

Lot of Santini discounts today - Impero and H-Way half price at Wiggle, 60% off Womens Wave jersey, 70% off Eroica jersey (larger sizes only) and somehow there is a Santini Tono short sleeve jersey (in medium or large only) for £6.71!
Also Diadora Tornado SPD-SL shoes with 60% off at £40. They're all here with too much other stuff to list

theboyfold
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 19:48 pm

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby theboyfold » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:30 pm

TonyJams wrote:Lot of Santini discounts today - Impero and H-Way half price at Wiggle, 60% off Womens Wave jersey, 70% off Eroica jersey (larger sizes only) and somehow there is a Santini Tono short sleeve jersey (in medium or large only) for £6.71!
Also Diadora Tornado SPD-SL shoes with 60% off at £40. They're all here with too much other stuff to list

Most of the links there are out of date or for sizes that would just about fit my 6 year old...

TonyJams
Posts: 204
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2016 14:57 pm

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby TonyJams » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:51 pm

theboyfold wrote:
TonyJams wrote:Lot of Santini discounts today - Impero and H-Way half price at Wiggle, 60% off Womens Wave jersey, 70% off Eroica jersey (larger sizes only) and somehow there is a Santini Tono short sleeve jersey (in medium or large only) for £6.71!
Also Diadora Tornado SPD-SL shoes with 60% off at £40. They're all here with too much other stuff to list

Most of the links there are out of date or for sizes that would just about fit my 6 year old...


Are you sure? I just checked a load and they were all good. Maybe you're looking at an old version of that page?

-Dash
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:55 pm

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby -Dash » Fri Sep 28, 2018 14:23 pm

Are you affiliated with Bikesy, TonyJams?

Daniel B
Posts: 8541
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:43 pm

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby Daniel B » Fri Sep 28, 2018 14:36 pm

Merlin have the Giro Empire LX's on sale for £70, plus automatic 10% off, and also TCB is available, which makes them something nuts like £62, verus the RRP of £160

Image

BTR's review here: https://roubaixcycling.cc/2017/06/30/giro-republic-lx-shoes/
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

theboyfold
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 19:48 pm

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby theboyfold » Fri Sep 28, 2018 15:55 pm

-Dash wrote:Are you affiliated with Bikesy, TonyJams?


I did wonder that as well, we will know tomorrow if he posts the latest daily deals from there...

mroli
Posts: 3542
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2009 15:09 pm

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bargains you've spotted!

Postby mroli » Fri Sep 28, 2018 18:31 pm

Daniel B wrote:Merlin have the Giro Empire LX's on sale for £70, plus automatic 10% off, and also TCB is available, which makes them something nuts like £62, verus the RRP of £160

Republics, not Empires. You almost loosened the mroli chequebook there Dan B....


Return to “Commuting Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests