Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Come and join in the banter: discuss here anything you want, whether bike related or not!
Luv2ride

Re: Thread to tell everyone what bike gear you've just bought !

Postby Luv2ride » Wed Aug 07, 2019 18:40 pm

^yeah, been looking at these Empire Knit Giro's for ages so for just less than £95 I could resist no longer. They apparently come with a choice of laces, and at least one review i read said keep the flouro laces for dry summer as otherwise theyre difficult to keep clean.
In other kind-of-bike-related purchases, a 600ml Ti pot and and long handled Ti spork for bikepacking from Planet X for only £20 all in. Arrived today seem good quality...
Only 100g and small gas canister does nestle inside (wasn't sure it would from the dimensions in the site description). Decent alternative to the Alpkit Myti 650ml pot at half the price...
Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Tifosi CK7 - Pinnacle Arkose 1x11 "monster cross" - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

KingstonGraham

Postby KingstonGraham » Wed Aug 14, 2019 08:41 am

Apparently my braking track "isn't supposed to be that shape", so bought some Fulcrum Racing 5 wheels at short notice.
my natural exuberance spills out all over the place

Luv2ride

Postby Luv2ride » Wed Aug 14, 2019 19:58 pm

Daniel B wrote:
Luv2ride wrote:As posted on the "bargains" thread: https://www.cyclesurgery.com/p/giro-men ... mbit%20LTD
...Giro e70 Empire knit shoes in 43 and 44 as unsure of sizing (am 42.6 or 43 in Mavic). Last time I bought from Cycle Surgery I'm sure I was able to return items through my local Cotswold Outdoors. Hope still the case as more convenient than posting a return...also got 4.2% through TCB

They look lovely, but I've not gotten my head around going back to laces - I'm a big fan of Boa now personally, especially those with 2 dials per shoe.

Arrived today, 43's are a nice fit. Colourway is quite "shouty" but the grey knit does look nice. Might think twice about using them in this grotty weather, but will defo taking them to Mallorca in Sept :)
Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Tifosi CK7 - Pinnacle Arkose 1x11 "monster cross" - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

keef66

Postby keef66 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 15:26 pm

Just bought a fork crown mount for my summer bike / B&M front light. £12 but Ebay produced a voucher giving me a fiver off!
I've had one for ages on the winter bike where it sees most use, but used the bar mount for occasional use on the summer bike. Trouble is I have older style 5600 shifters with their attendant flying gear cables. I'd put up with the shadows they cause in the beam pattern, but when I tarted the bike up and fitted white outers, the glare from the cable in front of the light on full beam is really off-putting. I'm actually dazzling myself. Hopefully this will sort it.

Return to “Commuting Chat”