Silly commuting racing

Come and join in the banter: discuss here anything you want, whether bike related or not!
MTB-Idle

Re: Silly commuting racing

Postby MTB-Idle » Fri Jul 12, 2019 15:26 pm

RIP indeed. I must admit that when i read that earlier i thought of motor scooter i.e. motorbike w/50cc engine rather than an electric scooter.

On a lighter note I spotted this guy earlier this week #imnotjudging
FCN = 4

Veronese68
Lives Here

Postby Veronese68 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 17:22 pm

Very sad.
The problem with the phrase electric scooter is it can mean two very different things. A chap at work has one, it’s like a 125 Vespa. Could also mean an electric kick along scooter.

itboffin

Postby itboffin » Fri Jul 12, 2019 17:41 pm

Yesterday's drive home on the M4 no cyclist this time but a car undertaking with no number plates front or back
Rule #5 // Harden The fark Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

elbowloh

Postby elbowloh » Mon Jul 15, 2019 07:35 am

So, gear cable snapped on way in, leaving me pretty much stuck in 34/12 (well i did have the option of 50/12) all the way, but still managed to get a few scalps.

By the way, the lady (Emily Hartridge) involved in the fatal electric scooter crash at Queenstown was a TV presenter and instagram unfluencer https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... oter-crash.

RIP
Felt F1 2014
Felt Z6 2012
Red Arthur Caygill steel frame ??
Tall....

elbowloh

Postby elbowloh » Mon Jul 15, 2019 07:39 am

elbowloh wrote:So, gear cable snapped on way in, leaving me pretty much stuck in 34/12 (well i did have the option of 50/12) all the way, but still managed to get a few scalps.

By the way, the lady (Emily Hartridge) involved in the fatal electric scooter crash at Queenstown was a TV presenter and instagram unfluencer https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... oter-crash.

RIP

Further to that, just noticed the guardian have now got a story on "the invasion of the e-scooter"

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2019 ... r-backlash

Not sure if this was the type of scooter involved in the incident, but i would have expected better from the guardian to follow the incident with an article headlined like this (tbf, i haven't read the article yet though).
Felt F1 2014
Felt Z6 2012
Red Arthur Caygill steel frame ??
Tall....

anonymousblackfg

Postby anonymousblackfg » Mon Jul 15, 2019 07:45 am

Nice ride in, I took the new New Malden to Raynes Park path, a little detour but well worth it for traffic free and silky smooth tarmac.

Tons of chopppers so effort was needed to stay free from them.
If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.

martinc

Postby martinc » Mon Jul 15, 2019 08:18 am

32mm are definitely too big for summer commuting. I'm SCRing with Boris bikes FFS.
Stealth1 - Commute -Trek Domane
Stealth2 - Club - Trek Madone
Stealth3 - MTB - Trek Fuel

hopkinb

Postby hopkinb » Mon Jul 15, 2019 08:30 am

anonymousblackfg wrote:Nice ride in, I took the new New Malden to Raynes Park path, a little detour but well worth it for traffic free and silky smooth tarmac.

Where does this start & finish abfg?
PT today as has been the case on quite a few Mondays and Fridays due to shower refurbishment in the building. Tube is grim.

anonymousblackfg

Postby anonymousblackfg » Mon Jul 15, 2019 08:46 am

hopkinb wrote:
anonymousblackfg wrote:Nice ride in, I took the new New Malden to Raynes Park path, a little detour but well worth it for traffic free and silky smooth tarmac.

PT today as has been the case on quite a few Mondays and Fridays due to shower refurbishment in the building. Tube is grim.

Raynes Park end you go into Camberley Ave opposite the Waitrose (off the road heading down towards the A3/Krispie Kreme junction. All resurfaced and it take you into the park, through the car park and the path begins. New Malden End it's right by the station, also there is a ramped bridge which lets you leave early at the New Malden end up onto Alric/Dukes Ave.

Last edited by anonymousblackfg on Mon Jul 15, 2019 16:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.

Asprilla

Postby Asprilla » Mon Jul 15, 2019 08:51 am

Reliability test for the ADX this morning. All good and it's very comfortable.

Needs:
Garmin mount
Saddle levelling a bit (feels down at the front)
Bloody chain rub sorting

Overtook everyone I saw on the way in, natch.

Also, I wore arm warmers this morning. Not happy I needed to do that.
Last edited by Asprilla on Mon Jul 15, 2019 09:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
Sun - Cervelo R3
Other - Canyon Endurace AL

Kingstonian

Postby Kingstonian » Mon Jul 15, 2019 09:14 am

Was in the US last week so no SCR action...............back into it this morning and the traffic was so light. Love it when school is out and the traffic halves.

Veronese68
Lives Here

Postby Veronese68 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:13 am

anonymousblackfg wrote:
hopkinb wrote:

Raynes Park end you go into Camberley Ave opposite the Waitrose (off the road heading down towards the A3/Krispie Kreme junction. All resurfaced and it take you into the park, through the car park and the path begins. New Malden End it's right by the station, also there is a ramped bridge which lets you leave early at the New Malden end up onto Alric/Dukes Ave.

Haven't sorted the bar tape yet then. I wasn't sure if that had opened yet, presumably there have been no terrorist threats yet then. I could use that when going to visit the old dear.

Return to “Commuting Chat”