Ride London - Team entry

Organising a chain gang? Entering a Sportive/Audax?
SecretSam

Ride London - Team entry

Postby SecretSam » Sat Aug 10, 2019 16:54 pm

My work are considering getting together a team for the PRL 2020. Anyone done a team entry? Are the odds better than for the individual ballot?
Thanks in advance
--------------------
It's just a hill. Get over it.

Longshot

Re: Ride London - Team entry

Postby Longshot » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:20 am

I'm not sure about the odds but there's more than one team option. I've done one business team and one Amstel Ride Together team. The former was simply a case of applying by email and asking politely if they had a place (they did) and the latter was a ballot entry system. I would email then organisers and ask about entry for a four person business team - see what they say.

SecretSam

Postby SecretSam » Thu Aug 22, 2019 16:28 pm

Longshot wrote:I'm not sure about the odds but there's more than one team option. I've done one business team and one Amstel Ride Together team. The former was simply a case of applying by email and asking politely if they had a place (they did) and the latter was a ballot entry system. I would email then organisers and ask about entry for a four person business team - see what they say.

Cool - will try that
The irony is that until recently, our office was literally across the road from the team that organise the PRL.
*facepalm*
--------------------
It's just a hill. Get over it.

MTB-Idle

Postby MTB-Idle » Fri Aug 23, 2019 09:07 am

For what it's worth I'm the 'club captain' of my office's cycling club (read; the only mug willing to organise anything).

We have applied for a team place via Amstel or similar for the last four years and been successful every year. I find it's best if you apply for mixed teams as they are keen to get more women into cycling i.e. if we apply for two teams to enter, one all-male and one mixed we will always get the mixed team agreed and often get the all-male team declined.

I dont think it's done by ballot for team entry, it's more a case of considerations as above being taken into account.
FCN = 4

Longshot

Postby Longshot » Wed Aug 28, 2019 16:35 pm

MTB-Idle wrote:I dont think it's done by ballot for team entry, it's more a case of considerations as above being taken into account.

I agree on the 'Business' team event but the Amstel one was absolutely stated to be by ballot. I cannot of course verify whether that was the case in reality.

MTB-Idle

Postby MTB-Idle » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:58 pm

Longshot wrote:I agree on the 'Business' team event but the Amstel one was absolutely stated to be by ballot. I cannot of course verify whether that was the case in reality.

In that case our entries have been granted 100% of the time to mixed teams and rejected 100% of time for all male teams four times in a row. Purely by chance of course :lol:
FCN = 4

Return to “Sportives/Audaxes/Training rides”