What's the deal with Cav?

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
User avatar
Beatmaker
Posts: 1067
Joined: Sat Nov 15, 2003 10:24 am

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby Beatmaker » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:59 am

cougie wrote:I don't see him as being arrogant. When he wins he's always thanking his team mates for getting him up there.

You don't win 30 tdf stages without being a great sprinter.


The arrogance statement needs to be taken in the context of the poster, and taking into account his other 1500 odd posts of total ****.

User avatar
dish_dash
Posts: 4722
Joined: Thu May 03, 2012 16:06 pm

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby dish_dash » Mon Jul 16, 2018 14:12 pm

ddraver wrote:Nah, Cervelos are the BMWs of Mamilia


Cervelos were the BMWs but now they're more niche, kinda like Jags during the Ford era.

Canyons are now mos def the BMWs of Mamilia...

florerider
Posts: 1028
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2012 18:04 pm

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby florerider » Mon Jul 16, 2018 15:16 pm

In the old days Cav used to bounce and get up and ride again, now he seems to break all to often. Can't be good for the sprinting mentality.

Milemuncher1
Posts: 1465
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 15:51 pm

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby Milemuncher1 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 15:51 pm

Beatmaker wrote:
cougie wrote:I don't see him as being arrogant. When he wins he's always thanking his team mates for getting him up there.

You don't win 30 tdf stages without being a great sprinter.


The arrogance statement needs to be taken in the context of the poster, and taking into account his other 1500 odd posts of total ****.



Image

Milemuncher1
Posts: 1465
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 15:51 pm

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby Milemuncher1 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 15:52 pm

bobmcstuff wrote:
cougie wrote:I don't see him as being arrogant. When he wins he's always thanking his team mates for getting him up there.

You don't win 30 tdf stages without being a great sprinter.

Milemuncher hates Cav


Not particularly, he’s a knob, I don’t really care though.

Imposter
Posts: 10372
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 17:17 pm

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby Imposter » Mon Jul 16, 2018 15:56 pm

Milemuncher1 wrote:
bobmcstuff wrote:
cougie wrote:I don't see him as being arrogant. When he wins he's always thanking his team mates for getting him up there.

You don't win 30 tdf stages without being a great sprinter.

Milemuncher hates Cav


Not particularly, he’s a knob, I don’t really care though.


Pot, kettle, black, etc...

Vino'sGhost
Posts: 4255
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 08:58 am

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby Vino'sGhost » Mon Jul 16, 2018 15:59 pm

lol when cav first appeared he was an arrogant doorknob but that was years ago.

sagan was no better and both have them have grown a pair and grown up. Cav must be nearing the end of his career but theres life in the old dog yet.

Gweeds
Posts: 2314
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:36 am

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby Gweeds » Mon Jul 16, 2018 17:10 pm

Milemuncher1 wrote:Not particularly, he’s a knob, I don’t really care though.


You've met him and spent some time with him then?
Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

mamil314
Posts: 1129
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 17:48 pm

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby mamil314 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 17:15 pm

dish_dash wrote:
ddraver wrote:Nah, Cervelos are the BMWs of Mamilia


Cervelos were the BMWs but now they're more niche, kinda like Jags during the Ford era.

Canyons are now mos def the BMWs of Mamilia...



Hot damn it, never got the memo, gotta flog the Lynskeys and Cannondales asap

Milemuncher1
Posts: 1465
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 15:51 pm

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby Milemuncher1 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 18:32 pm

Gweeds wrote:
Milemuncher1 wrote:Not particularly, he’s a knob, I don’t really care though.


You've met him and spent some time with him then?


Enough to know what’s what.

Imposter
Posts: 10372
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 17:17 pm

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby Imposter » Mon Jul 16, 2018 18:35 pm

Milemuncher1 wrote:
Gweeds wrote:
Milemuncher1 wrote:Not particularly, he’s a knob, I don’t really care though.


You've met him and spent some time with him then?


Enough to know what’s what.


That's a 'no' then. You walts are all the same. Watching him being interviewed on TV is not the same as meeting him.
Last edited by Imposter on Mon Jul 16, 2018 18:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gweeds
Posts: 2314
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:36 am

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby Gweeds » Mon Jul 16, 2018 18:38 pm

Milemuncher1 wrote:
Enough to know what’s what.


So no then. Thought as much.
Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

Milemuncher1
Posts: 1465
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 15:51 pm

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby Milemuncher1 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 18:39 pm

Imposter wrote:
Milemuncher1 wrote:
Gweeds wrote:
Milemuncher1 wrote:Not particularly, he’s a knob, I don’t really care though.


You've met him and spent some time with him then?


Enough to know what’s what.


You walts are all the same. Watching him being interviewed on TV is not the same as meeting him.



Are you still here? What is the point of you posting in a cycle forum? You don’t ride, wouldn’t you be better off on mumsnet?

“Walt” :lol:

Do fcuk off.

Milemuncher1
Posts: 1465
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 15:51 pm

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby Milemuncher1 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 18:43 pm

Gweeds wrote:
Milemuncher1 wrote:
Enough to know what’s what.


So no then. Thought as much.


I’ve met him several times, spent a few hours talking to him, I don’t like him, I’m sure the feeling is mutual, it’s more than you ever have ( or likely will ).

Imposter
Posts: 10372
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 17:17 pm

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby Imposter » Mon Jul 16, 2018 18:45 pm

Milemuncher1 wrote: I don’t like him, I’m sure the feeling is mutual,


Well there's a surprise. Has that ever happened before?

Imposter
Posts: 10372
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 17:17 pm

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby Imposter » Mon Jul 16, 2018 18:48 pm

Milemuncher1 wrote:
Imposter wrote:
Milemuncher1 wrote:
Gweeds wrote:
Milemuncher1 wrote:Not particularly, he’s a knob, I don’t really care though.


You've met him and spent some time with him then?


Enough to know what’s what.


You walts are all the same. Watching him being interviewed on TV is not the same as meeting him.



Are you still here? What is the point of you posting in a cycle forum? You don’t ride, wouldn’t you be better off on mumsnet?

“Walt” :lol:

Do fcuk off.


Just quoting this for the record. I was riding, racing and organising while you were still playing golf - and I'll probably still be here (and still riding) long after you've been banned (again)...

nickice
Posts: 660
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 23:05 pm

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby nickice » Mon Jul 16, 2018 18:53 pm

Gweeds wrote:
Milemuncher1 wrote:Not particularly, he’s a knob, I don’t really care though.


You've met him and spent some time with him then?



I have to say that in his second book he did with Friebe, he didn't come across particularly well. He seemed genuinely shocked that Team Sky might prioritise yellow over him and was upset that Sean Yates didn't give him a pat on the back after he performed domestique duties. He also seemed very, very obsessed with money. I admired his honesty, though.

Gweeds
Posts: 2314
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:36 am

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby Gweeds » Mon Jul 16, 2018 19:14 pm

Milemuncher1 wrote:
Gweeds wrote:
Milemuncher1 wrote:
Enough to know what’s what.


So no then. Thought as much.


I’ve met him several times, spent a few hours talking to him, I don’t like him, I’m sure the feeling is mutual, it’s more than you ever have ( or likely will ).


Yes dear. Of course you have. And if I had three heads you’d have four.

Good effort on assuming btw. You know what they say about that.
Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

Imposter
Posts: 10372
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 17:17 pm

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby Imposter » Mon Jul 16, 2018 19:16 pm

nickice wrote:
Gweeds wrote:
Milemuncher1 wrote:Not particularly, he’s a knob, I don’t really care though.


You've met him and spent some time with him then?



I have to say that in his second book he did with Friebe, he didn't come across particularly well. He seemed genuinely shocked that Team Sky might prioritise yellow over him and was upset that Sean Yates didn't give him a pat on the back after he performed domestique duties. He also seemed very, very obsessed with money. I admired his honesty, though.


I've only met him the once, a couple of months after he won the worlds. He was with his missus, who had just announced she was expecting. He came across as very humble and genuine. My lad has also met him and has the same impression.

nickice
Posts: 660
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 23:05 pm

Re: What's the deal with Cav?

Postby nickice » Mon Jul 16, 2018 19:48 pm

Imposter wrote:
nickice wrote:
Gweeds wrote:
Milemuncher1 wrote:Not particularly, he’s a knob, I don’t really care though.


You've met him and spent some time with him then?



I have to say that in his second book he did with Friebe, he didn't come across particularly well. He seemed genuinely shocked that Team Sky might prioritise yellow over him and was upset that Sean Yates didn't give him a pat on the back after he performed domestique duties. He also seemed very, very obsessed with money. I admired his honesty, though.


I've only met him the once, a couple of months after he won the worlds. He was with his missus, who had just announced she was expecting. He came across as very humble and genuine. My lad has also met him and has the same impression.



Maybe he is a nice guy but from reading his book, I didn't really like him. Each to their own.


Return to “Pro Race”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DeadCalm, johnnymcg259, RichN95 and 17 guests