JTL

Talk about competitive road cycling in all its forms
Negativelycra

Re: JTL

Postby Negativelycra » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:34 am

Is EPO Delivery Man's statement that JTL is definitely a cheater slander, or libel? I forget the rules..
[urlhttp://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=f3252&r=3&c=5&u=I&g=s&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png]Veloviewer[/url]

EPO Delivery Man

Postby EPO Delivery Man » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:35 am

Negativelycra wrote:Is EPO Delivery Man's statement that JTL is definitely a cheater slander, or libel? I forget the rules..

Its neither. Its my opinion.

And i dont believe in the law.

I am the law.

You need to man up and stop being a sheep mate.

mroli

Postby mroli » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:38 am

What constitutes "completely innocent" EPO DM? Just in case RR accepts - we should get the parameters of the bet organised - no action taken by the uci?

andyp

Postby andyp » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:50 am

frenchfighter wrote:JTL actually asked to be put on the Bio Passport Program and take whatever test mid way through last year in an attempt to show he was clean.

You wouldnt really do that if you were guilty.

That depends a lot on whether you know the outcome in advance or not. I could say I was happy to join the biopassport scheme at my own expense and would publish my results, but if no-one presses me on it would I continue to spend the money on it? From what Brian Smith said yesterday, they concluded pretty quickly that it was a non-starter, if JTL knew that, and one assumes he did, then he could make public statements til the cows come home, knowing that it wasn't going to happen.

dsoutar

Postby dsoutar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:58 am

Who needs balanced views when you have posters like this on the forum

displacedaussie

Postby displacedaussie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:54 pm

squired wrote:Off at a tangent slightly, but given what Brian Smith has said about Garmin also looking at JTL last year I wonder whether he regrets not signing with them. I can't help thinking that he would've probably fitted in far better there.

I think if anything he probably regrets not signing/staying with NetApp-Endura. Their eventual race program ended up being great and he would have been the team leader in most of those races too.

Cal_Stewart

Postby Cal_Stewart » Mon Sep 30, 2013 13:03 pm

So with this is done in private most of the time and most case's come to nothing. JTL most love the internet at the minute
eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
Cervelo P5 EPS
www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799

symo

Postby symo » Mon Sep 30, 2013 13:48 pm

Positive this is nothing. Will all be done in couple of weeks. He has been requested to explain himself. Sheesh this is normally a private hearing. Why has this been leaked?
+++++++++++++++++++++
we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.

ad_snow

Postby ad_snow » Mon Sep 30, 2013 14:02 pm

squired wrote:Taking the innocent until proven guilty stance, I really feel sorry for the guy. He has had an absolutely terrible season and was probably already thinking ahead to his winter training, along with a good start to the 2014 season. Then this comes along and even worse it is made public. Whatever the result, I just hope for his sake that it is resolved quickly because these things often seem to drag on for way too long.

This.
Horrible that he has to deal with this out in the public arena after what has been a torrid season of illness, injury, poor form and huge(ish) expectations. I hope that the chap is innocent but like squired said I hope it's resolved quickly either way.

Edit: I a word.
Last edited by ad_snow on Mon Sep 30, 2013 14:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

frenchfighter

Postby frenchfighter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 14:16 pm

To be honest the thought did cross my mind that Sky just wanted a way not to have to pay him next year.
Contador is the Greatest

dwanes

Postby dwanes » Mon Sep 30, 2013 14:20 pm

ad_snow wrote:
squired wrote:Taking the innocent until proven guilty stance, I really feel sorry for the guy. He has had an absolutely terrible season and was probably already thinking ahead to his winter training, along with a good start to the 2014 season. Then this comes along and even worse it is made public. Whatever the result, I just hope for his sake that it is resolved quickly because these things often seem to drag on for way too long.

This.
Horrible that he has to deal with this out in the public arena after what has been a torrid season of illness, injury, poor form and huge(ish) expectations. I hope that the chap is innocent but like squired I hope it's resolved quickly either way.

The chap has had a torrid season because of his poor form during training, full stop (and, in turn, has suffered injury and illness because of the workload they put on him in training, expecting a chap like him to be able to cope).
Why hasn't he performed this year like previous years? Its not illness and injury. We will find out why.

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Mon Sep 30, 2013 14:48 pm

symo wrote:Positive this is nothing. Will all be done in couple of weeks. He has been requested to explain himself. Sheesh this is normally a private hearing. Why has this been leaked?

Hope you're right. I think some intrepid journos might want to ask some pertinent questions about the leak. Have to say I could have done without David Walsh gloating on Twatter on Sat night about the story he was about to break showing that he's not Sky's *****. Extremely unclassy of the man, left a nasty taste in the mouth.

EDIT: OK so the filter didnt like that word. Try be-atch instead.

Turfle

Postby Turfle » Mon Sep 30, 2013 15:25 pm

Richmond Racer wrote:
symo wrote:Positive this is nothing. Will all be done in couple of weeks. He has been requested to explain himself. Sheesh this is normally a private hearing. Why has this been leaked?

Hope you're right. I think some intrepid journos might want to ask some pertinent questions about the leak. Have to say I could have done without David Walsh gloating on Twatter on Sat night about the story he was about to break showing that he's not Sky's *****. Extremely unclassy of the man, left a nasty taste in the mouth.

EDIT: OK so the filter didnt like that word. Try be-atch instead.

Yep. And he most definitely sexed up the article to try and show the same thing.

BigMat

Postby BigMat » Mon Sep 30, 2013 15:52 pm

Agree, poor by Walsh. A bit of gutter journalism supposed to impress us?

dsoutar

Postby dsoutar » Mon Sep 30, 2013 15:53 pm

I'm surprised Kimmage hasn't started bleating about it unless he has and I've missed it. Cos let's face it, Kimmage isn't normally quiet about these sort of things

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Mon Sep 30, 2013 16:15 pm

BigMat wrote:Agree, poor by Walsh. A bit of gutter journalism supposed to impress us?

Between Walsh's approach, and suspicions behind the timing of the leak, its difficult to avoid the notion that JTL's being used as a pawn*

*if he's guilty, I'll happily retract that

iainf72

Postby iainf72 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 17:31 pm

Richmond Racer wrote:
BigMat wrote:Agree, poor by Walsh. A bit of gutter journalism supposed to impress us?

Between Walsh's approach, and suspicions behind the timing of the leak, its difficult to avoid the notion that JTL's being used as a pawn*

*if he's guilty, I'll happily retract that

Pawn how?

I was wondering if it was a way to manage him out of the team
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

ozzzyosborn206

Postby ozzzyosborn206 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 17:32 pm

displacedaussie wrote:
squired wrote:Off at a tangent slightly, but given what Brian Smith has said about Garmin also looking at JTL last year I wonder whether he regrets not signing with them. I can't help thinking that he would've probably fitted in far better there.

I think if anything he probably regrets not signing/staying with NetApp-Endura. Their eventual race program ended up being great and he would have been the team leader in most of those races too.

i doubt his bank balance agrees with you on that one,

mike6

Postby mike6 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 17:46 pm

EPO Delivery Man wrote:
Richmond Racer wrote:Dear EPO Delivery aka Judge Jeffries

How about waiting to see what comes of the review by the 3 person panel? and then the disciplinary hearing if it goes to that?

Christ, you'd be marvellous serving on a jury. Skip all that nonsensical stuff about pleas, evidence, cases to be made in defence. Utter waste of time when you seem just able to determine guilt from behind a keyboard. Think of the amount of money that could be saved by legal systems across the world.

I tell you what, if JTL is completely innocent i will take you out to a Specialized Concept store and buy you any bike worth up to £8000.
If not, then you have to give me a lapdance (assuming youre a woman) :D

Its win-win for you either way.

What a merchant banker. :roll:

Richmond Racer

Postby Richmond Racer » Mon Sep 30, 2013 17:48 pm

Quite. Not all the tools are kept locked away in the tool shed, it seems

Return to “Pro Race”