Should there be an ebike / e-MTB specific area in this forum?

Got a general MTB question that doesn't fit anywhere else? Here's the place.

Yes, now is the time.
27%
No, never.
53%
I'm undecided right now.
20%

Total votes: 15

LeighPing

Postby LeighPing » Wed Aug 14, 2019 07:06 am

Should there be an ebike / e-MTB specific area in this forum? :?:

LeighPing

Re: Should there be an ebike / e-MTB specific area in this forum?

Postby LeighPing » Wed Aug 14, 2019 07:10 am

They're flying off the shelves. Older adults can stay biking active for longer. They even assist with some disabilities. There's probably been no better time to introduce this to a bike forum. :D

https://ebiketips.road.cc/content/news/ ... -new-study

steve_sordy

Postby steve_sordy » Wed Aug 14, 2019 09:13 am

I don't believe that it is necessary, but I would not vote against it. There are other good forums already in existence for some time now that are dedicated to eBikes. By being dedicated, they offer a wide range of advice on many different brands and advice comes from a diverse and wide range of riders from those new to "e" to those very experienced. These riders are all ebike owners (some still have clockwork bikes as well) and therefore there is a complete absence of "ebike hate".
Here is a link to one example of a good eBike forum:

https://www.emtbforums.com/

It is global in scope, always in English, and it is the one I like the most.

This forum (Bike Radar) is an excellent source of support for clockwork bikes and their riders. I have used it, and others before, for years with great success. I keep coming back to this Forum, despite having sold my last clockwork bike earlier this year, because it has a lot of expertise that is still relevant to any bike, "e" or otherwise. And it is nice to be able to answer the occasional eBike question when I can.

By all means create a new section dedicated to eBikes, but I suspect that you are too late.

LeighPing

Postby LeighPing » Wed Aug 14, 2019 09:38 am

steve_sordy wrote:By all means create a new section dedicated to eBikes, but I suspect that you are too late.

Or, perhaps full integration is still too early for some.. Or maybe they'll always be a different beast altogether. :) As you know Steve, I've been watching the changing attitudes on ebikes for some time now. I'm interested to see how the e-voting goes. :D

HaydenM

Postby HaydenM » Fri Aug 16, 2019 14:00 pm

It'll just make this place quieter, I'd just add 'e-bike discussion welcome' in the blurb under 'MTB General' and leave it at that. They are just bikes, the more discussion in here the better.

Return to “MTB General”