Eurosport what a joke

campagchris
campagchris Posts: 773
edited July 2007 in Pro race
Im cancelling my subscription to eurosport.Why on earth put a 3 week tour on,only to miss part of the last week.Would tennis fans like it if they watched every game but then missed the semi finals and final.Its about time another channel took control of this hopefully ch4 or 5

Comments

• I would be greatful, you get anything...us poor yanks get two hours on sunday afternoons which consists of a flash recap of the week, and then that days stage tape delayed. Granted we get the TdF with pretty good coverage, but that is it...however, i understand the frustration...over hear it happens during baseball playoffs, with weather bulletins, over weather they think is severe...best of luck.

Give me pave or give me death!
  • Echappee
    Echappee Posts: 79
    They couldn't even be bothered to show the reocrded highlights at the time advertised.

If viewing figures for cycling are that low that highlights of the last week of a Grand Tour are the only thing worth showing, this unreliable scheduling can only make things worse...[V]
  • campagchris
    campagchris Posts: 773
    A.S. Ifeel for you,but I subscribed to eurosport only for the cycling,they had advertised it as being live everyday for the giro,and it wasnt yesterday today is the biggest stage for years in the giro we will see what happens,we might have a chance as that plonker henman is out.We got half an hour highlights yesterday and even thats not on time.Why bother putting a 3 week tour on tv only to miss stages on the last week.Its like you watching all the american football only to miss the play offs and super bowl.Its about time there was a cycling programme we could subscribe too that shows all races.I will be throwing eurosport out now and waiting for the Giro dvd.Enough is enough
  • Spiralpro
    Spiralpro Posts: 34
    I've always found Eurosport unreliable, things are advertised that don't come on at all.!!! Yesterday was a rest day hence no coverage. That fact remains that they are the only ones to put on some bit of cycling. However like campagchris I'm looking forward to the dvd.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Sadly, cycling is a "minority sport" so watching "Dim Tim" getting his ass handed to him by some spotty Latvian is more attractive to a channel's sponsors than a bunch of lycra-clad druggies climbing a hill in Italy.

Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • esmit208
    esmit208 Posts: 41
    Actually ABS RAI,IT has provided pretty good coverage but you have to be at a PC between 9:00 and 12:00 EDT. For some reason I was not able to open WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER after only two stages. It allows you to watch it full screen. I am currently looking for links that will allow viewing of the Dauphine and the Tour of Switzerland. I have a subscription to CYCLING.TV but they are changing the site around and connecting is really tricky.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Autobus Straggler</i>

I would be greatful, you get anything...us poor yanks get two hours on sunday afternoons which consists of a flash recap of the week, and then that days stage tape delayed. Granted we get the TdF with pretty good coverage, but that is it...however, i understand the frustration...over hear it happens during baseball playoffs, with weather bulletins, over weather they think is severe...best of luck.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Edward G. Smith
    Edward G. Smith
  • Julspro
    Julspro Posts: 51
    That is great news! I will keep looking for coverage, too.
    Will eurosport at least have the audio, do you think?

Juls

Caribbean Soul
    Caribbean Soul
  • ricadus
    ricadus Posts: 2,379
    Not really coverage as such, but the Tour organizers are posting short compilations on YouTube. Something to whet the appetite with before this weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... ce&search=
  • floatman
    floatman Posts: 28
    I had the delight to be in Serbia for the first two stages and watched on Eurosport with a serbo-croat commentary, being strictly monolingual myself I did actually find this better than having Sean Kelly's tooth sucking, incomprehensible monotone interspersed with Duffields absurd non-sequitous observations!
  • Tony666
    Tony666 Posts: 274
    I have checked the coverage on a digiguide thing I subscribe to and that shows they are covering it. For example on the last day the coverage runs from mid-day to 7.30pm. I've printed out a pdf of the listing you can download from here if you want - it's a pretty crap format and lists by channel then date so you need to scroll to the end for the eurosport coverage. http://uk.geocities.com/tony.singleton@ ... e/tour.pdf