Silence speaking volumes?

OffTheBackAdam
OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
edited May 2007 in Pro race
So, we now have an accusation, that Bjarne Riis was up to his eyeballs with EPO. And his response?
"This is probably not the first nor the last time these kinds of stories surface. To me, it's all in the past and I do not wish to be held accountable every time some one finds it interesting to bring up some ten year-old story. I truly believe the future is much more important than the past. I want to be judged on the work I'm doing with my team today, and the results we achieve - that is what's important to me."
Anyone spot a denial in this statement? Then again, anyone find it either surprsing or improbable that any TdF podium placer during the EPO era, prior to (and possibly after) the 50% Hct "Safety limit" was introduced, wasn't having a little helping hand?[:(]

Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.

Comments

• merlinpro
    merlinpro Posts: 2
    test
  • merlinpro
    merlinpro Posts: 2
    I can recall from the '90's that Riis was known as "Mr. 60%" within the peloton. Of course, during that time a lot of previously unknown riders who all of a sudden winning races. An example would be the Ballan team of Argentine. Of course, Riis rode for the ceramic team(Areostea?)(someone help me with the name, please), in which there was no clear team leader but on any given day a rider could be given the freedom to ride his own race. Riis goes to Telekom, promises his co-riders that he can win, and does just that, blowing away Indurain on that one climb where Riis kept looking back at that lead group who would go with him(used many times since then by Lance and others). Of course, I do respect Riis for winning the TDF and he running of his new team. So, rumors may abound but unless one is "caught" then no one can be charged and convicted. IMHO. Inquiring minds want to know...