Armstrong making a comeback

OffTheBackAdam
OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
edited April 2007 in Pro race
Little snippet in one of today's papers.
It seems that Lance feels that there's so little in the way of major tour competition, he's planning to go for number 8!
What a way to flip the bird to your critics!

Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.

Comments

• onions
    onions Posts: 4
    I hope this is true. With all the bad press the sports been getting in recent years, it needs a new elevation. I know the French will hound him about drugs and fire wild accusations like before, but I think most people out their will be egging him on and supporting him. The guys a real ambassador and an idol for many.
    Fair play to him, despite the ego.

'If it doesn't hurt, you're doing it wrong!'
    \'If it doesn\'t hurt, you\'re doing it wrong!\'
  • Melpro
    Melpro Posts: 35
    I suspect todays date has more to do with Lance's comeback!

He doesn't strike me as the sort of bloke to go back on his word.
  • I actually read a couple of weeks ago somewhere that he has been riding a little more than usual.

Give me pave or give me death!
    Give me pave or give me death!
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Oh, only a couple of "Poissons d'Avril" I've managed to net[:D].
    Good one on cyclingnews.com about TdF starting in Dubai, I did check the date after reading it!

• Spiralpro
    Spiralpro Posts: 34
    All the special was a fools day thing. But I wpould like to see Lance race again. Ain't gonna happen.
  • PRB
    PRB Posts: 9
    haha, the cyclingnews.com special on april 1 was brilliant. I was actually suckered in by the prologue one for a bit before noticing the date. They had 5 or 6 bogus articles that had me amused.

www.cycleseen.com
  • funaki
    funaki Posts: 29
    All talk and no sunstance methinks, Big Tex is not getting any younger and i fear he would struggle if he came back.
  • PRB
    PRB Posts: 9
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by funaki</i>

All talk and no sunstance methinks, Big Tex is not getting any younger and i fear he would struggle if he came back.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Did you not read the topic - it was an April fools joke.

www.cycleseen.com