Tour of California

Spiralpro
Spiralpro Posts: 34
edited February 2007 in Pro race
Who's going to win?? I think Voight should go for it. He has every chance, and he's in the right team. Just three seconds behind Levi, and it could be argued that Levi was given favourable treatment after the crash on stage one. But then it is tight at the top right now.

Comments

• PRB
    PRB Posts: 9
    I like Levi as a rider. I'd quite like to see him win and think he's got a great chance. Is there any coverage of this on UK tv's at all? Todays time-trail will decide it I'm thinking.

www.cycleseen.com
  • grimpeur
    grimpeur Posts: 230
    Voigt is the man, a genuinely good guy who rides so aggressively it is untrue. I hope he wins, he deserves it!
  • Yes, I reckon the time trail will decide who takes overall glory. I still fancy Voigt. Nice win for Bettini yesterday.

PRB don't think any of this is on UK tv. I've been following live reports on the web site. There's a strea also but not great.
  • Well it looks like the TT has shown us the winner. Voigt has a massive amount of work to do tomorrow. Can't see Discovery letting him go. Then stranger things have happened.
  • bjorn
    bjorn Posts: 8
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Spiral</i>

Well it looks like the TT has shown us the winner. Voigt has a massive amount of work to do tomorrow. Can't see Discovery letting him go. Then stranger things have happened.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I kind of doubt it. I used to live in this area and know the route to Santa Paula (about halfway) and I don't think it's hard enough - plus Levi (and DSC) is obviously in good shape.
    Levi in fact wants the route to be harder:

from today's Stage 5 Post race press conf:

Jim Birrell (race director): "When we announced the route I envisioned a different leader every day (Levi smiles) So I put myself on the spot. We will have to see what to do about that in the future."

Levi: We need a mountain top finish! (Levi looks to audience) How many of you want a mountain top finish (pretty much all hands go up). Now I put you on the spot, Jim...

bjorn
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by PRB</i>

Is there any coverage of this on UK tv's at all? Todays time-trail will decide it I'm thinking.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

For what its worth (considering all the hassle about which teams are allowed are ride) Paris Nice is live on Eurosport.

http://fenlandclarioncc.wordpress.com/
  • FAUSTO
    FAUSTO Posts: 34
    Spiral is smart.
  • I take it you're the forum's funny man. Eh...