Paris-Nice 2007.

McNamara
McNamara Posts: 8
edited February 2007 in Pro race
I really like the Paris-Nice,"Race to the Sun" as it heralds the real start to a new road season.BUT what are ASO and the UCI doing. Come on guys, you are acting like spoilt brats. Road racing has enough problems at the minute without you two squaring off at each other. Having said all that, I do think the greater problem lies with the stance of ASO. However, please sort it out, we do not want road racing to go completely under.

I McNamara
I McNamara

Comments

• andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,103
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by McNamara</i>

I really like the Paris-Nice,"Race to the Sun" ...

Having said all that, I do think the greater problem lies with the stance of ASO. However, please sort it out, we do not want road racing to go completely under.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Hmmm. If ASO hadn't of stepped in back in 2003 and saved Paris-Nice from going under then you wouldn't have a race to look forward to.

I think we're all fed up with squabbling between the UCI and the race organisers but some of the flak being thrown at ASO is, frankly, laughable.
  • Lets hope something is sorted as I'd hate to see cycling go down the darts route,ie 2 bodies trying to out do each other.We love the classics as much as the tours and its us the fans that suffer.Why cant we go back to how the prestige pernod used to be.
  • P-N is one of my favorite races, but for us fans, this constant bickering/will it happen/will it not happen confusion is very maddening. Very reminicent of the year when Laurent Fignon was selling it to ASO. We had booked flights, etc. to be in Nice for that event,and it nearly didn't happen. We would love to do it again, but with all the infighting amongst the promotors and the UCI, makes future planning impossible. Here in the U.S. we have to plan a year in advance for flights, hotels, etc., and this kind of confusion certainly hurts Nice's business people by excluding people like us, who want to be presant for the race, which I might add, is a fantastic show to attend. I'm not overstating our disappointment, but feel this kind of infighting will signifcantly hurt all of cycling's great races if the promoters and UCI can't iron out their differences, or risk losing supporting fans.

<i></i>"You can be in my dream, if I can be in yours"-Dylan