Drugs Suck

Oldlegs
Oldlegs Posts: 6
edited January 2007 in Pro race
As does a cycling forum that thinks it's cool to have a specific section devoted to them.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Or should we do as most other sports do and stick our heads in the sand and deny that the problem even exists then? Unlike some sports, cycling doesn't employ expensive lawyers to issue writs against people who make allegations about their sports stars taking drugs because of the potential damage it may cause to their sponsorship / advertising / TV rights - the Fuentes affair in Spain being one good example.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    And the reason the forum has a pharmacy section is because it was asked for to prevent the Pro Talk forum being clogged up with "they're all needle junkies" etc.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • Well its doing the job as 9 threads on here compared to
    4 training
    5 rides
    9 in tech, so yes it is[8D],and as iainf72 said it stops other threads from being clogged up.
    Like that other forum.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Oldlegs, it was my suggestion to pro cycling. I'd noticed the daily peleton forum in the USA has divided things up in the same way, race, doping in different sections and it works well enough and stops doping thread addicts wrecking non-doping threads and so I asked if the same could be here..given that there were 7 or 8 major classics last year, maybe a 120 days of pro tour stage racing...that's a total something like 150 dope tests, plus UCI vampire tests and out of competition tests...hundreds of tests. Therefore why, with 200 hundred and more negative dope tests in 2006, and only a few positive tests by Landis and one or two others, and with no evidence yet given by Op Puerto, was the C+ Race forum crammed full of doping threads 24-7? If you just want to talk doping, you're to stay down here , while anyone who is slightly more optimistic and hopes some of them don't dope and certainly haven't been proven to dope and might be clean, can disucss the sport in a more balanced way. It is just possible there are some pros who would dope but are too scared to be caught and so don't , even though they don't dislike it that much...and then there are a few who are opposed to it in principle...therefore some of those pros are clean in my opinion, epecially those post Festina...anyone who was 15 at the time of Festina and has come into the pro ranks in the last 2 years will have encountered a different culture, a sport that is trying to change
  • Dave
    I hear what you are saying but is having a section called "pharmacy" with the tag line "talk about doping but keep it legal" appropriate for a cycling forum?
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I think 'legal' is in a potential defamation or libelous sense, rather than actually talking about where we keep our stashes and who supplies us ;-)
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Oldlegs</i>

Dave
    I hear what you are saying but is having a section called "pharmacy" with the tag line "talk about doping but keep it legal" appropriate for a cycling forum?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I quess you don't have to post in it then, no ?

amerliN[:0]

<font color="green">"LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO RIDE CRACKED CARBON"</font id="green">
    <font color="green">"LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO RIDE CRACKED CARBON"</font id="green">