Astana to get tour place

ivancarlos
ivancarlos Posts: 1,034
edited July 2007 in Pro race
From cyclingnews.com :-

Alexander Vinokourov and his Astana Team are certain of being invited to the three Grand Tours next year whether they have a ProTour license or not. As reported in www.sportwereld.be, Jean-Francois Pescheux, head of the Tour de France organizer ASO, has told Astana team manager Mario Kummer that the team will be included.

However, Walter Godefroot said that he has not given up hopes of receiving that license. "There was indeed that negative recommendation of the license commission, but at that time our filing was not complete. Now it is. It would be logical that Astana receives ProTour status. We fulfill all the conditions." An announcement concerning the last ProTour licenses is expected momentarily.

Responding to UCI Chairman Pat McQuaid's remarks that Astana had no chance for the license, Godefroot said, "McQuaid has only been in charge for one year. Maybe he still needs to learn his job."

<b>Wasn't sure whether to place this in 'Pro Talk' or 'Pharmacy'</b>[;)]

<font color="blue"><b><font size="1">I feel pain!!!!</font id="blue"></b></font id="size1">
I have pain!

Comments

• <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ivancarlos</i>

Alexander Vinokourov and his Astana Team are certain of being invited to the three Grand Tours next year whether they have a ProTour license or not. As reported in www.sportwereld.be, Jean-Francois Pescheux, head of the Tour de France organizer ASO, has told Astana team manager Mario Kummer that the team will be included.

However, Walter Godefroot said that he has not given up hopes of receiving that license. "There was indeed that negative recommendation of the license commission, but at that time our filing was not complete. Now it is. It would be logical that Astana receives ProTour status. We fulfill all the conditions." An announcement concerning the last ProTour licenses is expected momentarily.

Responding to UCI Chairman Pat McQuaid's remarks that Astana had no chance for the license, Godefroot said, "McQuaid has only been in charge for one year. Maybe he still needs to learn his job."

<font color="blue"><b><font size="1">I feel pain!!!!</font id="blue"></b></font id="size1">
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
    Not sure what you are trying to say here ivancarlos? This is just a recent news quote. Have you missed something out that you wanted to say?
  • ivancarlos
    Oh I think you've probably got some idea [;)]

I have pain!
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ivancarlos</i>

Sorry not being smart but I don't I'm afraid. You are doing it again. Just posting news quotes. What's your point? Tell us.

Is it the "pharmacy" reference? That's too obscure. Make your point!

Obscure or what?[?] Please someone tell me what this guys point is? I think he has been down the pharmacy himself![:o)]
  • ivancarlos
    [:D]Thats right, want anything to calm you down while I'm down there?

I have pain!
  • Im pleased Astana are going to be in the 3 tours,it will make more exciting racing.
    Cant remember reading Vinokourov was involved with any dodgy substances
  • ivancarlos
    Hmmm :evil:
    I have pain!
  • Bronzie
    Bronzie Posts: 4,927
    Took me a while to twig that it was a "resurrected" thread there IvanCarlos, but I see where you were headed in your first post :wink: