07 Vuelta

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited December 2006 in Pro race
So, what do you think?

http://www.lavuelta.com/07/ingles/recorrido/listado.asp

Covadonga so early on should be interesting.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by iainf72</i>

So, what do you think?

http://www.lavuelta.com/07/ingles/recorrido/listado.asp

Covadonga so early on should be interesting.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Interesting race, Cavadoonga Lakes has always been an exciting stage, and Arcalis is famous for the highest power output ever 475w in July 97, Jan Ullrich. Will he be in it?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,064
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave_1</i>

and Arcalis is famous for the highest power output ever 475w in July 97, Jan Ullrich. Will he be in it?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Eh? You need to qualify that Dave. Riders can put out a burst of power close to 1000 watts so 475 doesn't seem that high.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,064
    To answer the original question, great opening ten days or so but then it looks dull as ditch water after that.

The Covadonga looks like a great climb, one day I'll do it.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by andyp</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave_1</i>

and Arcalis is famous for the highest power output ever 475w in July 97, Jan Ullrich. Will he be in it?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Eh? You need to qualify that Dave. Riders can put out a burst of power close to 1000 watts so 475 doesn't seem that high.

Andy, I'm probably leading us off topic a little from Iain's original point of duscussion, but according to this source, if it's all correct

http://www.cyclismag.com/photos/evoluti ... 180734.jpg

Les ann‚es 80 : Avoriaz 1985, Herrera, Hinault 375 w
    SuperbagnŠres 1986, Lemond 380 w
    Alpe d'Huez 1987, Herrera 395 w, 1989 Fignon, Delgado 390 w
    Les ann‚es 90 : Luz-Ardiden 1990, Indurain, Lemond 390 w
    Saint Lary 1993, Indurain, Jaskula, Rominger 430 w
    Val Thorens 1994, Pantani 437 w
    Alpe d'Huez 1995, Pantani 460 w
    La Plagne 1995, Indurain 448 w
    Arcalis 1997,Ullrich 474 w
    Les Deux Alpes 1998, Pantani 450 w
    Les ann‚es 2000 : Hautacam 2000, Armstrong 449 w
    Alpe d'Huez 2001, Armstrong 442 w
    Luz-Ardiden 2003, Armstrong 442 w
    Courchevel 2005, Valverde, Armstrong 449 w
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by andyp</i>
    The Covadonga looks like a great climb, one day I'll do it.

Spanish climbs just don't seem as interesting as French or Italian climbs. I don't know what it is - Perhaps the scenery doesn't serve them well?

Not really related, but I see Cunego is going to use a 36x28 for the Zoncolan. Eeeek - That's the kind of stupid low gearing I use (I go for a 34 though)
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • I like the monochil climb, where vino put the hurt on valverde in '06. I've climbed this with a 34X25, and it is deceptively steep in places, with the hot wind in your face most of the way up. Not as pretty as some in France or Italy, but parc la purche at the top is a very nice place to view the valleys from. I'm looking forward to a decisive move here in '07. BTW, my wife stayed just ahead of me in her 39X27!
  • Lets hope its as good as this years,with a cracking field of riders.
  • Nice to see a start in the Vigo area of the country. I love that part of Spain, it might even tempt me to forgo the Tour and visit the Vuelta instead.

http://fenlandclarioncc.wordpress.com/