NE Lot???? Sunday

Billywmb
Billywmb Posts: 62
edited December 1969 in Routes
Hi,

Did you come to a conclusion about this weekend? There was mention of the borrowdale bash, and I happen to be in Keswick Saturdy night! There are a couple of hurdles mind:

Getting my lass to let me take the bike;
Getting her to let me take it in the new car she picks up today;
And most hard off all not getting too drunk to ride.

Plus I need to mke sure there are some slow ones out. I was lied to at Glentress. I felt violated!

Anyone know the plans?

I am so unfit at the moment

Comments

• Well if I'm going then rest assured I'm slow (so much so that I was contemplating not going since it seems to be just me, Steve and Gordon - don't wanna be trailing way behind the two mountain goats!).

No conclusion come to yet, the weather forecast is putting me off the Lakes cos it'll turn to mush.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Stuff TyMBR In my dreams Myspace My flickr photos</font id="size1">
  • Billywmb
    Billywmb Posts: 62
    Borrowdale bash is not too bad. The first section (and big climb) is on the road. The climb from there to Watendlath is rocky, so that will be OK. The bit over Puddingstone bank may have some slushy bits but if seam ti remember it being quite hard packed in most areas so it will mostly be surface water. Coming down the other side is well rocky followed by rock steps.Might be a bit tricky. On the other side it's fairly undulating hard packed surface with no real rockys sections, so would be a bit of both.

• Gordon's got your mobile number hasn't he? I'll get him to text you with the plans.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Stuff TyMBR In my dreams Myspace My flickr photos</font id="size1">