Wyre forest riding, bridges down...

MickArms
MickArms Posts: 52
edited June 2007 in Routes
Following a quick 'sickie' yesterday I went out with the Duke william wed night group.
(it was a tad wet in places and wished I'd had me mudguards on.)

Three bridges are down , 2 wooden ones over by dales brook, ( at the end of the railway line) as reported by one of the guys, but also, the metal and concrete bridge by the scout hut ( just off the bottom of the 45/ camber run).

Now that's no small bridge!!!

Don't know about the little wooden bridge off to the right of ankle cracker. About the only two for def which are still upright are one 200 yards down from the helicopter landing pad clearing and the main one on the fireroad climb back to the visitor's centre.

Just so you know...

Comments

• I went over the Wednesday after the big initial deluge and parts of it were unrecognisable. The end of the camber run just passed the log jump, there was a small river where a trickle used to be and I had to go back up to cross

One puddle i went through found my feet under water

and in many other places the trail was a big stream

Save two trees - don't read The Sun
  • MickArms
    But did you see the tide line of debris @ the bottom of the camber there ? And a feck off big tree washed down there too?
  • I did! When all that was raging it must have been quite scary!

Where/when you meeting Sunday, count me in - you wont go if it's sheeting though will you?

Save two trees - don't read The Sun
  • MickArms
    Esp if it's raining!! Will need to sort out with the boss, but prob Sun late afternoon...3pm ish..