Overdone it?

Aux1
Aux1 Posts: 865
I've been nuts about riding since I got the new bike. Had an extended weekend, so I did 3 rides in 4 days, with long uphills and stuff. It was also very hot, a heat wave for the last 1-2 weeks but I still climbed, could do it all and felt okay throughout. However, on the end of the last day I started feeling tired on the ride home. And now I'm dragging this lack of energy and low mood throughout the week (no joint or muscle problems though). Had to pedal slowly to work today, couldn't "push" it as I do when I have energy and feel good. Imagine... you can ride for days and only after it ends, the fatigue comes. Heh is that normal?

Maybe it's time to go out with my non-mtbing friends this weekend, have a "normal" night out (lol somewhere you don't get all sweaty and muddy and there are birds around)... and take the bus to work tomorrow. Never thought I'd do that again lol

<font size="1">To clip or not to clip, that is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind of men to suffer the dings and contusions of unclipp'd riding, or to bind thy feet against a sea of gnarly singletrack and by these contraptions, ride o'er them with ease. To clip... to slip no more, and by clipping to end the buttache and the thousand natural shocks that ryders are heir to; tis a consummation devoutly to be honed. No clip - to slip perchance to be thrashed most heinously...</font id="size1">

KTM Ultra Flite 2007

Comments

• Ticaboy
    Ticaboy Posts: 314
    Muscules have to repair, and the body recover. Do you use recovery powders/supplements to assist the body and replace electrolytes? These can help get you back too 100%.

GT Avalanche Expert 2006
  • Aux1
    Well, actually I never used anything like that. No sports supplements and stuff, just normal everyday food and drink. So I don't know where those sports shops are. Hmm can you get something like that in a drugstore?

<font size="1">To clip or not to clip, that is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind of men to suffer the dings and contusions of unclipp'd riding, or to bind thy feet against a sea of gnarly singletrack and by these contraptions, ride o'er them with ease. To clip... to slip no more, and by clipping to end the buttache and the thousand natural shocks that ryders are heir to; tis a consummation devoutly to be honed. No clip - to slip perchance to be thrashed most heinously...</font id="size1">

KTM Ultra Flite 2007
  • Aux1
    Thanks for the link, will try and get something similar. I got some bananas in the meantime [8D]

Btw I read somewhere your mood drops when you're tired to make you feel like cr@p and prevent you from doing anything, so the body can recover. Really nice mechanism! [xx(][:o)]

KTM Ultra Flite 2007
  • Satchmo245
    Satchmo245 Posts: 707
    I'm no Doctor/Physio etc. but 3 rides in 4 days is alot and your body has not had time to recover. It was probably adrenaline what got you through the rides and your'e paying for it now. Everybody does it though, especially here in the UK! Our Summer usually only lasts a week so you have to ride as much as possible in that time [;)]

<hr noshade size="1">
    <center>My Trusty Steed, The New Build</center>
    <center><font color="red">My Pics! Updated</font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="green"> Me Blog</font id="green"></center>
  • Aux1
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Satchmo245</i>

I'm no Doctor/Physio etc. but 3 rides in 4 days is alot and your body has not had time to recover. It was probably adrenaline what got you through the rides and your'e paying for it now. Everybody does it though, especially here in the UK! Our Summer usually only lasts a week so you have to ride as much as possible in that time [;)]

<hr noshade size="1">
    <center>My Trusty Steed, The New Build</center>
    <center><font color="red">My Pics! Updated</font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="green"> Me Blog</font id="green"></center>
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hmm, adrenaline?
    Well, I must admit I was a bit bored and alone this weekend... Went for the last ride simply because I woke up in the morning and didn't know what to do with myself :( Sort of like an escape from an underlying problem, because feeling like that sure means something ain't right underneath.

Maybe I should have stayed at home and thought what to do not to feel that way. I'm doing it now and can see some sunlight [:)]
    Gonna start with simple things... Take the bus to work tomorrow and read some newspapers in it, do some repairs at home I've been putting off, tidy up my room, get a fresh haircut [:D], call some friends, go out, try not to spend excessive time on the internet, I guess I'll feel better then! In short, will try to put more planning, organization, balance and moderation in things. I hope I'm on the right track... [:I]

KTM Ultra Flite 2007
  • ANDE.B
    ANDE.B Posts: 544
    Thats alot of riding....
    I try not to exceed 3 "proper" rides a week (like 30miles plus really pushing it)
    and then i'll have relaxing rides, where your not really pushing (or like a ride to work mayby) inbetween the proper rides... That way your getting the blood to your legs which acctually helps them recover better.
    I havn't used recovery powder/shakes before (just used milk and nesquik) but i'm gonna start.
    My Pinkbike Pics
    "Cycling is just like church - many attend, but few understand." Jim Burlant
  • Aux1
    I think my exhaustion was caused by excessive sweating. There was a heat wave last week, temperatures like 34 Celsius were common. I was sweating every day just while riding to work, especially under the backpack. Maybe that's why I "dragged" the tiredness for so long. There have been some rains this week and the temperature dropped to below 30, and I started riding without the backpack, now my back sweats 10 times less than before and I have more energy... so guess the backpack in big heat is a no-no.

However it was very comfortable to roll over my head on the back with the helmet and backpack on during one of my recent falls :lol: Backpack makes a nice back protector!