Achilles trouble

Over the last 4-6 weeks I've developed pain in the Achilles tendon area of my left leg.

I can't think of any specific injury to that region - though I did 'roll' my left ankle playing football a few months ago. That injury was to the 'outside' of my left ankle - it gave way while striking the ball with my right foot (the left is mainly for standing on [:I])

I'm now getting sporadic pain when running, turning or stretching the Achilles.

I've been off the bike three weeks and also abstained from football - but it doesn't seem to be improving.

I'm keeping it excercised - lots of walking and mild stretches - but no joy.

Any thoughts?

Updated pics:
Giant Anthem
Bianchi Via Nirone
Kona Lava Dome - in progress

Comments

• SteveLand
    SteveLand Posts: 896
    Sounds like it could be tendonitis. Usualy gets better on its own but takes a while, try regular ibuprofen (if your OK with it) and heat packs....

Trust me, I'm a doctor!

Steve

iSporty - TyMBR

Videos
    Trust me, I\'m a doctor!

Steve

iSporty - TyMBR

Videos
  • punkypossum
    punkypossum Posts: 660
    I had loads of problems with tendonitis in my Achilles heel, nothing seemed to help despite loads of creams and potions...doctor started threatening a cast. Went to see someone else you told me to stop wearing flat shoes for a bit or to just put a heel pad (those half in-sole thingies) into my shoes to take pressure of the tendon. Worked a treat - dead cheap and no medication involved, problem cleared up in a couple of weeks.

That might not be what's causing your problem, but for a couple of quid it might be worth a try!

I used to be Snowhite, but I drifted...
    One day, I'm going to buy a cottage in a small village and become its idiot!
  • i had a few problems with me achilles tendon a year ago and i wore them little pads under my heals for a month or so and never had a problem since,

My GT

feel free to add me if you have got msn,
  • Thanks guys - looks like some heel pads for me.

Funnily enough I don't wear many flat shoes (i.e trainers) - but I recently bought a pair of Crocs - could this be the cause of the trouble?

Updated pics:
    Giant Anthem
    Bianchi Via Nirone
    Kona Lava Dome - no more :-(
  • punkypossum
    punkypossum Posts: 660
    Funny you should say that! I love my crocs to bits but on longer walks my heel starts hurting (although underneath rather than the actual tendon)

I used to be Snowhite, but I drifted...
    One day, I'm going to buy a cottage in a small village and become its idiot!