Wrist injury?

Hi,

5 weeks ago I had my first long (4 hour ride) off road ride and it was great.

However, when I got home my wrist was hurting quite a lot.

The pain was very bad when rotating my hand to unlock the door etc and when pushing on the palm of my hand.

This has slowly been getting better but is still hurting.

I first figured that I must have just twisted my wrist which is why I haven't been to the doctors/hospital. However, I am now starting to think that it should be better by now.

Any ideas or advice please?

Dom

<font color="red">Photos</font id="red"> Maxlight XC<font color="red">></font id="red"><font color="black">120</font id="black">

Comments

• Oh, btw I have been commuting by bike for 12 months without any problems. Which I now haven't been able to do for 5 weeks and holding the bars with this hand really hurts.

<font color="red">Photos</font id="red"> Maxlight XC<font color="red">></font id="red"><font color="black">120</font id="black">
  • ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    You could try Ergon grips, they are quite a bit larger. They support the palm and wrist better thana normal round grip. Wonder whether you pinched a nerve as a possibility?

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • wilko193
    wilko193 Posts: 89
    might be a little bit drastic, however my dad got into doing handstands about a year ago, after about two or three ten minute sessions, he got "carpal tunnel syndrome" http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html ... unnel.html

the symptoms he complained of seem very similar to yours....

but hey could just be a little niggle.....

carrera fury '07, shimano m520 spd, big calf muscles and tons of will power!
    Boardman Road Pro 2010
    Viper Carbon Lite 2008 Custom Build