Calorie counting HRM

BoingBoing
BoingBoing Posts: 383
edited June 2007 in MTB buying advice
I'm looking to replace my cateye velo 8 with something that has a heart rate monitor as well. Whilst I'm happy whith the speed/distance functions of the velo 8 I would like to be able to track my calorie consumption and have some measure of my fitness level.

I'm quite happy to have something wired as my last wireless computer was unreliable. So far I've found;

Polar CS100 (wireless though)
VDO Cytec HC12.6 (Not sure if it give calorie consumption though)
Cateye HR200 (wireless and not cheap)
Aptonia CW F500 (No cycle comp but could keep the velo 8)

Does anyone have any experience/thoughts on these or any other HRM's. All advice gladly recieved

[:D]

<font size="1">
<hr noshade size="1">
GT Avalanche 2.0 Disc 07::::Think::::Laugh::::Myspace
</font id="size1">

Comments

• look at a suunto T3... in my opinion (own one) they are hugely better quality than polar (had massive problems) and work so nicely. definitely go with the suunto.
  • BoingBoing
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by niall</i>

look at a suunto T3... in my opinion (own one) they are hugely better quality than polar (had massive problems) and work so nicely. definitely go with the suunto.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks for that, they do look pretty decent. Do you use the MTB Pod with it? Is it good as a cycling computer?

<font size="1">
    <hr noshade size="1">
    </font id="size1">
  • tompjg
    tompjg Posts: 21
    check out the garmin edge 305 at www.purelygadgets.co.uk as well...
  • BoingBoing
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by tompjg</i>

check out the garmin edge 305 at www.purelygadgets.co.uk as well...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Looks nice but it's not cheap is it [:0] I'll need to save my pennies if I want the Suunto one, the Garmin will mean waiting even longer.

<font size="1">
    <hr noshade size="1">
    </font id="size1">