Clavicle crusher

<font face="Comic Sans MS"></font id="Comic Sans MS"><font color="navy"></font id="navy">
Now I know this a very common fracture in MTBing. Any idea how long one would have to knock riding on the head, to give it a chance to knit??

Come back with your bike or upon it.

Comments

• A lot depends how old you are, how badly it's broken, whether you need an operation etc and how much of a rush you're in.

For reference mine was in four pieces, didn't have an operation, have started road riding fairly comfortably at 7 weeks.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1345770/
  • Blimey, everyone's joining the clavicle club lately aren't they!

I took 7 weeks post-op off the bike and when I got back in it I was at almost full strength.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Stuff TyMBR In my dreams Myspace My flickr photos</font id="size1">
  • Ffluff
    Ffluff Posts: 282
    its those hard packed trails luring you into faster and faster riding until... [B)] ouch..

mine is doing ok 11 days on, i think that being a straightforward 'middle third' break, its a relatively simple one but nonetheless it still hurts and i've been signed of work for another week after this

am trying to get on the trainer twice a day but i've never been so bored in all my life.. one tip i had from the doc yesterday is to avoid frozen shoulder which is a common complication arising from the natural desire to not move the shoulder at all..

My Giant XTC 2005
    My Yeti 575
    Me & My Yeti
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Ffluff</i>

one tip i had from the doc yesterday is to avoid frozen shoulder which is a common complication arising from the natural desire to not move the shoulder at all..<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    That's exactly what I said! Use it as normally as possible to avoid the muscles wasting too much.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Stuff TyMBR In my dreams Myspace My flickr photos</font id="size1">
  • Ffluff
    Ffluff Posts: 282
    makes sense Cazz and its certainly starting to work for me.. am finding that i get tired v easily but am putting this down to the pain killers (so am easing off these now) and the lack of sleep (keep rolling onto the damn thing!) [:D]

My Giant XTC 2005
    My Yeti 575
    Me & My Yeti
  • With the sleeping I found that if I put a pillow next to my right hand side I never rolled onto it.

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1345770/
  • I didn't take any pain killers from coming out of hospital, they only sent me home with paracetemol anyway and it was more of a discomfort than a pain so I had no need to use them. I did the same trick with the pillow, stuffed it under my right side so I didn't roll over in my sleep. Sleep was very patchy and uncomfortable for the first week out of hospital but you soon forget once you start to get better.

I was quite amazed at how quickly the strength built back up once I started using my arm again.

• ratty2k
    ratty2k Posts: 3,872
    I had loads of painkillers when I did mine.... My fave person in the whole world at the time was the nurse who stuck a needle full in my arse!

My Pics Updated!
    My Pics !

Whadda ya mean I dont believe in god?
    I talk to him everyday....
  • zotti
    zotti Posts: 103
    About 12 - 14 weeks before I could ride again. I'd just got myself a new bike as well, plus summer was just around the corner. I was a misery !!

Every fracture's different so only you will know when the time's right. Be sure that if you come off you have enough strenght for it to withstand an impact