re: dhx air

marxman
marxman Posts: 196
edited June 2007 in MTB general
hi im looking for a fox dhx air, but it has to have a EYE TO EYE lengh OF 165mm help

SOUTHAMPTON BIKING FORUM AND PHOTO/VIDEO SHARING SITE. www.jaxx.org.uk

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • marxman
    marxman Posts: 196
    tryed all it comming up with was bikes with the shock on it

SOUTHAMPTON BIKING FORUM AND PHOTO/VIDEO SHARING SITE. www.jaxx.org.uk
  • dirtbiker100
    dirtbiker100 Posts: 1,997
  • billy79
    billy79 Posts: 607
    Yeah give the guys at Mojo a call very helpful, sorted out my DHX air shox on my patriot. Awesome shox.

Vote for my Bike http://www.moredirt.co.uk/ratebike.php?id=609
    A PLACE FOR RIDERS
    http://www.moredirt.co.uk
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I don't think they make DHXs any smaller than 190mm do they?

<hr noshade size="1">
    My trusty steed
    1999 marin wolfridge, Marzocchi Jr Ts, Saint cranks, D321 rims, Hope C2s, raceface bits and bobs, XT running gear. All vintage stuff! (apart from the saints)
    <hr noshade size="1">
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    yes they do.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    Hmm, interesting. Can you get both the air and the coil shocks smaller than 190?
    I recently ordered a dhx 5 for the marin from TFtuned. I went for a 190 (standard was 185!?!). I've measured the frame clearance and it should be fine, but if not I can make some eccentric mountings to make it fit.

I was under the impression that anything under 190mm would have to be made as a one off - and cost a fortune.

Just checked and the fox webiste lists 7.5 inch (190.5mm) as the smallest size for both the DHX air and coil.

<hr noshade size="1">
    My trusty steed
    1999 marin wolfridge, Marzocchi Jr Ts, Saint cranks, D321 rims, Hope C2s, raceface bits and bobs, XT running gear. All vintage stuff! (apart from the saints)
    <hr noshade size="1">
  • Anonymous
    by buying a longer shock than is nessecary for your bike can mess the geo of you bike up, by buying a longer shock it will raise your BB and steapen your headange.

<div align="right">my msisle</div id="right"><div align="left">my msn: orange_boy125@hotmail.co.uk</div id="left">
  • Anonymous
    It's only going to be 5 mm longer than the current shock, so no big issues there. The eccentric mountings would only put the shock forward in the frame by a few mm, leaving the BB length pretty much unaltered to what it is now.
    Also, there's a fair bit of room left for extra travel, but the shock is getting adjusted for the frame by TFT.
    And besides, a slightly steeper head angle wouldn't go amiss on the old marin anyway!

But as for DHXs shorter than 190, where would you get them from? surely it would cost a fortune to have one made from scratch?

<hr noshade size="1">
    My trusty steed
    <hr noshade size="1">