Doncaster: Getting back into MTBing

SilverSlyk
SilverSlyk Posts: 1
edited June 2007 in MTB rides
Hi, I've been off the mountain bike for more years than I care to remember and am looking towards getting back into it. If you're not super-fit and are also looking for a 'riding partner' - no Brokeback Mountain jokes please - then either reply here or drop me a PM.

Comments

• balbyarnie
    balbyarnie Posts: 0
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SilverSlyk</i>

Hi, I've been off the mountain bike for more years than I care to remember and am looking towards getting back into it. If you're not super-fit and are also looking for a 'riding partner' - no Brokeback Mountain jokes please - then either reply here or drop me a PM.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    hi sivverslyk me too, also from doncaster just resently bought mtb with 5" travel.
  • SilverSlyk
    SilverSlyk Posts: 1
    Hi,I'll just be riding a cross-country bike - no huge travel for me! [:(][:D]

I'm on holiday next week so won't be available for any rides. I take if from your user name that you're from Balby? [;)] Maybe arrange a pre-ride meet at the Cecil to see if we can stand one another? [:o)]
  • ok m8
  • Hey hippies

FYI I used to ride round donny about 10 years ago. Extreme sports (who I believe are still around behind the Odeon) always knew the best tracks - we used to hit the trail with Wil Longden back in the day.

Stainforth Quarries used to rock, as did kings wood, Bawtry and Cantly dippers.

Ah, those tracks rocked.
  • yes extreme is still behind oden.I do a bit on transpenine trail also steetleys m8.any good up Edinghbourgh?
  • Aye, good riding here. Decent fun to be had in the Pentland hills, which is only a 30 minute ride from the house, or it's a 40 minute drive to Glentress and Innerleithan. Hills everywhere!
  • Back from hols now. Can meet up at the Cecil one evening next week or week after if you like. Give us a chance to chat about what type of riding we prefer, trails, etc.
  • ok dont live to far from there where you from.
  • ben.m
    ben.m Posts: 162
    Im from doncaster.
    and cantley dippers is really rubish but bessicar trails are pretty good.

if youre from doncaster get youre self to steatly quarry as the trails are like uber sweet.

I'MA CHARGIN MY SHOOPDEEWOOP
    Giggity Giggity
  • hello
    You still up for mtb ride we could go transpenine trail on days next three weeks so some time in the evening would suit me.could start at sprotbourgh.
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by balbyarnie</i>

hello
    You still up for mtb ride we could go transpenine trail on days next three weeks so some time in the evening would suit me.could start at sprotbourgh.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    Hi. I thought it might be 'best' to meet up at Cecil first before deciding to go for a ride. At least then we'd 'know' each other a bit 'better'. You know just erring on the side of caution. [:D] Apart from that I'm free most daytimes and evenings apart from Monday afternoon, Wednesday daytime, Friday evening, all-day Saturday and every other Sunday.