Kona Dudu - Fork Change

Kona Dude
Kona Dude Posts: 245
edited June 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
How much of a crazy idea would it be to put a 150mm travel 2005 Z1 on my Dudu? Im taking it to Les Gets and am after a bit more travel and a 20mm bolt though fork.

Picture with current fork attached:
http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1362269/

Cheers,
Alan

Comments

• rubber side up
    rubber side up Posts: 2,150
    Assuming those forks are 100mm versions. and without knowing what the frame can handle i'd say 120mm max. if its the 110mm or 130mm version, then you *should* be able to get away with 130 and 150mm respectively. *i think*

best find what the frame's warranty covers.

<hr noshade size="1"><center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

Something round here tastes bad. Could be plain old bad taste.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
    </center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
  • Tony06
    Tony06 Posts: 311
    weel i had a Mullet stock 100mm but went for a 150mm z1 light and its much better for dh etc now takes a while getting used to but its great now chek my sig..

Irish DHThe Mullet
  • lacuna
    lacuna Posts: 4,004
    If it was an original dudu I would have stoned for putting 150mm forks on it. As its not, I don't care. It may ride like crap but I suspect it will be strong enough

<center><b>Mythic Meg</b></center>
    head_bar_solid.jpg
  • Kona Dude
    Kona Dude Posts: 245
    What do you mean by 'original dudu'? an earlier frame?
  • skyliner
    skyliner Posts: 613
    I reckon the DUDU frame is tough enough to handle the extra travel.
    But you wouldn't want to climb on it with those forks.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.