diamondback are not dead
edited June 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
will a sram mech and chain work with a shimano 8spd cassette

Comments

• as long as the chains 8spd. and its a sram shifter
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    this is not MSM use the edit button.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Simple Jumper
    Simple Jumper Posts: 1,376
    SRAM mechs only work with SRAM shifters, but they will work on a Shimano cassette.

<hr noshade size="1"><center><font size="1"><font color="black">Norco. (Very Old Photo)</font id="black"> </center></font id="size1"><hr noshade size="1">
  • JinjaNinja
    JinjaNinja Posts: 1,033
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Simple Jumper</i>

SRAM mechs only work with SRAM shifters, but they will work on a Shimano cassette.

<hr noshade size="1"><center><font size="1"><font color="black">Norco. (Very Old Photo)</font id="black"> </center></font id="size1"><hr noshade size="1">
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Not quite, SRAM Attack and Rocket shifters will work with Shimano mechs... Tose are the only 2 though.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1"><font color="green"><center><i>Originally posted by John</i>

It'll be like being tw<s></s>ated in the face by the 60s.</center>
    </font id="green"></font id="size1">
    <font color="brown"><center>Join us HERE!</center></font id="brown">
    logo.jpg
  • spikedjack
    spikedjack Posts: 41
    incorrect, sram shifters will work with shimano mechs and vice versa

you just have to be carefull of which ones as sram often have different pull ratios to standard

" He Takes To The Trails Like A Dolphin Takes To Tarmac!"
    " He Takes To The Trails Like A Dolphin Takes To Tarmac!"