Truvativ Powerspline bottom bracket

gandi1967
gandi1967 Posts: 9
edited June 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi everyone, my first posting so be patient. Got a 4 month old Carrera Fury (expecting usual comments) and the bottom bracket has play in it. Taken it back to Helfords and they removed it, found water and no grease in it. I don't pressure wash my bike so i assume there are no seals in them. I ride it quite hard round my local woods but wouldn't expect it to wear so quickly. New one has been ordered and waiting for it to be fitted. Has anyone else had the same problem or is it just me. [:(!]

Comments

• Sheepish
    Sheepish Posts: 93
    i have a similar problem, the best thing you can do is every few weeks, find the time to remove the cranks and BB and give it a good clean. I'm looking at replacing mine with a splined XT one, or maybe a new hollowtech crankset with BB in it. i would suggest you invest in a new one ASAP, until then keep it clean. Oh, and the Fury is a great bike, we won't knock it.
    Uncooked Prawn
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    ye it maybe worth you upgrade to a LX crankset, with the hollowtech system, the bearings will last much longer than your current ones.

<div align="right">my msisle</div id="right"><div align="left">my msn: orange_boy125@hotmail.co.uk</div id="left">
  • gandi1967
    Thanks, i'll let Helfords do it this time and then keep an eye on it myself. I really like the bike and have loads of fun on it, great value for money
  • gandi1967
    Picked the brains of the workshop guy at rutland cycling yesterday and he suggested an LX b/bracket and cranks as there is no upgrade for the powerspline that uses the same cranks
  • Sheepish
    Sheepish Posts: 93
    yeah, LX stuff is very solid, can't really go wrong. If you can stretch to XT, do, but LX are very solid, just give them a really god clean out an upgrade ASAP.
    Uncooked Prawn