Which headset?

Timmy666
Timmy666 Posts: 18
edited June 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
I need to get a headset for my new Black market Mob frame and would like to know what you guys can recommend?

Comments

• KeelKlein
    KeelKlein Posts: 144
    King, gotta be...
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    budget? fsa pig?

<div align="right">my msisle</div id="right"><div align="left">my msn: orange_boy125@hotmail.co.uk</div id="left">
  • dave_s
    dave_s Posts: 4,362
    Depends on budget
    Chris King are the best and will outlive your frame.
    Raceface Diabolus are good too, still a bit pricy but worth it.
    FSA sealed bearing headsets are fine too and you can get them at reasonable prices
    Dave S
  • joshleb
    joshleb Posts: 623
    The FSA Pig is the best for a budget, but Chris Kings are the GODS!!!, but you pay for the quality.

<b><center>Got My Vans On But They Look Like Sneakers</center></b>
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    the king on my stumpy was about 70 knicker on eBay, ive only had it a few months but could tell straight out of the box that it is a piece of pure quality, probably my single fav bike component.
    in an interest of fairness though, i have a cane creek s2 on the p7 and it's a very nice smooth peice of kit too, only about 25 quid too.

<center><font color="black">p7s</font id="black"> Roadie <font color="red">Stumpy</font id="red"> <font color="green">Reign</font id="green"></center>
    <center>shirpy shirpy sheepsteeth</center>
  • dave_s
    dave_s Posts: 4,362
    Got to agree, a CK headset is money well spent really.
    If your frame is for a 1 1/8" normal headset (rather than integrated) you can't go wrong if you fit a CK headset, they'll outlive most headsets many times over.
    I've transferred one across 3 frames and it's still smooth as ever
    Dave S
  • thaibog
    thaibog Posts: 271
    Grab a Hope headset..English company and superb quality.. and cheaper than the CK

I just removed mine from a winter of chiltern sh-ite being thrown all over my bike and there was no mud or grit inside...
    I am in the process of buying another for my hardtail because i was so impressed.

Thumbs up for HOPE

http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/?op=list& ... rid=148766
  • chrisdaman
    chrisdaman Posts: 124
    i've got an FSA Pig DH and it's really good, no problems with it so far and i've had it nearly a year now
  • --Euan--
    --Euan-- Posts: 75
    FSA Pig DH. Seems a good budget option
    <hr noshade size="1"> My Bike
    <hr noshade size="1">
  • lachoman
    lachoman Posts: 371
    My normal fsa pig is fine, only œ17. Regrease the bearings every few months, never seems to get dirty! I don't see the point in spending such a large sum on a CK, while it may last longer, it doesn't really provide and better perfomance to a pig.

<hr noshade size="1">You bend it, you mend it.
    <hr noshade size="1">You bend it, you mend it.
  • The Joe Show
    The Joe Show Posts: 9,413
    You all suck. Except for Dave S.

Both the Blk Mrkt Mob and Riot frames take intergrated headsets.

Look at:

FSA Impact
    Fly bikes
    Any Campagnolo intergrated

And when you do buy one MAKE SURE it's 45/45 (TH Standard) (a good bike shop will understand this) as otherwise, it won't fit!

<hr noshade size="1"><b><center><font size="1"><font color="black">Twenty</font id="black">
    <font color="black">Carrera</font id="black">
    <font color="black">Nissan</font id="black">
    </font id="size1"></b> <font size="1">
    Myspazzzzz
    </font id="size1"><font size="1"><font color="brown"><b>WDI</b></font id="brown"></font id="size1"></center><hr noshade size="1">
    Less gears, more beers.