leaking forks

scotland 4 ever 1993
edited June 2007 in MTB workshop & tech
ive just got a specilized big hit and have found out it has an oil leak how should i fix this
afreand said ishould put a cable tie around ihe seal but im not shure
spec big hit yeeeeeee

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    If you don't know, and it seems neither does your mate. Go a bike shop, then let them deal with it.

ForBloodAnd Empire
    Nothing says "ouch" like a punctured gut
    Co factory rider for DUST TILL DAWN

Myspace
  • Dangerous Dave
    Dangerous Dave Posts: 8,349
    If it's from new, take it back to the shop.
    It'll still be in warranty and it's worth taking advantage of warranties when you've got one - cos it's costly when they're not covered.

Also worth noting if you try and fix it, and screw it up, and then have to take it back anyway, chances are you'll invalidate the warranty which will cost you œœœ to fix.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1"><font color="red">[<font color="black">another random post by</font id="black">]</font id="red"></font id="size1">
    <font size="2"><i><b><font color="black"><font face="Verdana">B<font color="red">i</font id="red">GDaVe</font id="Verdana"></font id="black"><font color="red">!</font id="red">[}:)]</b></i></font id="size2"><font color="black"><font size="1"><center>[}:)]<font face="Trebuchet MS">GeT Orf YeR ASs AnD RIdE A BIkE</font id="Trebuchet MS"></font id="black">[}:)]</font id="size1">
    <font size="1"><font color="black">Chameleon</font id="black"> | <font color="black">RaveRacing</font id="black"> | <font color="black">Uber Gemini</font id="black"></center></font id="size1">
    <hr noshade size="1"><font size="1"><i>Originally posted by Jon</i>
    <center>As Dave and Alex raced past, someone in the other group of people said 'those two are good'. [:D]</font id="size1"></center><hr noshade size="1">
    Shut up. And ride your bike.
    Originally posted by Jon
    As Dave and Alex raced past, someone in the other group of people said 'those two are good'
  • they are 2002 models
    spec big hit yeeeeeee
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by scotland 4 ever 1993</i>

they are 2002 models
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">WHAT?

nick
    <hr noshade size="1">
    My Pictures.
    Pinkbike Album.
    <center><font size="1">
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."

<font color="brown"> Sheldon Brown</font id="brown"> <font color="blue">Park Tools!</font id="blue"> <font color="black">Spoke Calculator</font id="black">
    older than an old thing that is very old</font id="size1"></center>
    [?] Mail me!
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • 3148wood
    3148wood Posts: 79
    Are the stanctions sratched at all because if they are it could cost a lot to fix, if not they might need a rebuild with new seals and bushes.
  • i emaled alpine bikes and its goin to cost œ70 to fix thanks 4 all your help
    spec big hit yeeeeeee
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    What help?
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown