i cant find them anywhere

ilovebikes
ilovebikes Posts: 283
edited June 2007 in The Crudcatcher

Comments

• rubber side up
    rubber side up Posts: 2,150
    1) So your saying (on a public forum) That you want to illegaly download music.

and

2) you put your email address for anyone to get hold of. spammers included.

That kinda screams "i'm stupid" now doesnt it.

<hr noshade size="1"><center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

Something round here tastes bad. Could be plain old bad taste.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
    </center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Hmm, should I pass your details to the PRS and/or MCPS? maybe I should go ask our licensing consultant.

<hr noshade size="1">
    My trusty steed
    1999 marin wolfridge, Marzocchi Jr Ts, Saint cranks, D321 rims, Hope C2s, raceface bits and bobs, XT running gear. All vintage stuff! (apart from the saints)
    <hr noshade size="1">
  • <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rubber side up</i>

and

<hr noshade size="1"><center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

People do this all the time? Why aren't you slamming 'SexyFrank' as he just requested Less Than Jake songs, hardly legal is it.

Fair enough about the email though.

<hr noshade size="1"><font color="teal"><center><font size="2"><font face="Georgia">I'd rather not.</font id="Georgia"></font id="size2"></center></font id="teal">
    <hr noshade size="1"><font color="purple"><center><i><b><font size="2"><font face="Times New Roman"> "Boggis and Bunce and Bean. One fat, one short, one lean. These horrible crooks. So different in looks. Were none the less equally mean."</font id="Times New Roman"></b></font id="size2"></i></center></font id="purple">
  • ToMBeMe
    ToMBeMe Posts: 252
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rubber side up</i>

and

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Is getting emailed a song ilegal?. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> i wanted to download thses songs but couldnt find them <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> doesnt say ilegaly there? correct me if im wrong
    tombeme.gif
  • rubber side up
    rubber side up Posts: 2,150
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Fantastic Mr Fox</i>

Why aren't you slamming 'SexyFrank' as he just requested Less Than Jake songs, hardly legal is it.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    <s>because i've already been on his ugly side once. never again</s> [;)]

Because frank seems old enough and <s>ugly</s> sexy enough to take responsibilty for his actions [:)] "ilovebikes" sounds a lot younger (not saying he is, just that he sounds it). and may not know the sheite he may find himself in for that kind of stuff.

And emailing a song to someone is just the same as copying a disk for them. so chances are its still not allowed.

tbh i couldnt care less if he downloads music. it was the email thing i wanted to comment on, just needed something to pad it out a little.

</center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
  • Anonymous
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Is getting emailed a song ilegal?.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    of course it is. What are you a fricking retard?

<hr noshade size="1">
    My trusty steed
    1999 marin wolfridge, Marzocchi Jr Ts, Saint cranks, D321 rims, Hope C2s, raceface bits and bobs, XT running gear. All vintage stuff! (apart from the saints)
    <hr noshade size="1">
  • Gingersaurus
    Gingersaurus Posts: 466
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by ToMBeMe</i>

Is getting emailed a song ilegal?. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yep you are still infringing copyright law.

<hr noshade size="1"><b><center>24Seven</center></b>
    <b><center>Merlin</center></b>
  • ilovebikes
    ilovebikes Posts: 283
    all i wanted was a couple of bloody songs. i know its illegal i think everyone does, and i bet most of you have downloaded something at some point. but if its to much to ask dont bother.

my bike: http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1305204/

me riding: http://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1193953
  • Anonymous
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    all i wanted was a couple of bloody songs. i know its illegal i think everyone does, and i bet most of you have downloaded something at some point. but if its to much to ask dont bother.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    You really don't realise just how fricking stupid you are, blatantly asking for knock offs on a public forum, do you?

I happen to be a recording engineer, and believe it or not, casual piracy really DOES affect the income of record companies.
    The CEOs don't lose out, the companies themselves don't lose out, but pretty much everyone from the cleaners to the engineers suffer.
    It's even worse for smaller companies, whi might only be selling 5000 copies of an album.
    It only takes 500 people to copy them illegaly, and that's 10% income down the drain. enough to cost the staff any bonuses, or rises.
    If you really want music so bad, then frickin buy it, and support us sods who are making it for your consumption

pillock.

<hr noshade size="1">
    My trusty steed
    <hr noshade size="1">
  • jamiejim
    jamiejim Posts: 244
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yeehaamcgee</i>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">
    all i wanted was a couple of bloody songs. i know its illegal i think everyone does, and i bet most of you have downloaded something at some point. but if its to much to ask dont bother.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    You really don't realise just how fricking stupid you are, blatantly asking for knock offs on a public forum, do you?

I happen to be a recording engineer, and believe it or not, casual piracy really DOES affect the income of record companies.
    The CEOs don't lose out, the companies themselves don't lose out, but pretty much everyone from the cleaners to the engineers suffer.
    It's even worse for smaller companies, whi might only be selling 5000 copies of an album.
    It only takes 500 people to copy them illegaly, and that's 10% income down the drain. enough to cost the staff any bonuses, or rises.
    If you really want music so bad, then frickin buy it, and support us sods who are making it for your consumption

pillock.

<hr noshade size="1">
    My trusty steed
    <hr noshade size="1">

I understand what you are saying, and agree with you. But to be fair, most people on this forum download illegaly and many openly ask/give music among us openly. It's not just "ilovebikes" so its unfair to give him a bollocking
    MBUK
  • Anonymous
    I don't see it as being unfair. The fact that many people are doing it doesn't make it allright, either. Some of us are trying to earn a living.

<hr noshade size="1">
    My trusty steed
    <hr noshade size="1">
  • jamiejim
    I realise that, but giving one person a bollocking isnt going to change anything
    MBUK
  • Anonymous
    So I should just let him get on with it?
    The best I can hope for is to try and influence my small piece of the world.

but, hey, if you say it's okay, then what the hell.
    Lets open up the forum to include details on where to buy the best drugs, off licences that freely serve under-age kids, where to buy guns, how to scam people.
    Why not go the whole hog, and get people who work in banks to tell us what the security codes are for gaining entry, and detailed blueprints of the buildings etc.

<hr noshade size="1">
    My trusty steed
    <hr noshade size="1">
  • roj279
    roj279 Posts: 579
    heres plan, download limewire or something alone those lines yourself? and like jamiejim said, having a go at one person isnt going to stop millions of other people doing it, but every little helps

<center><font color="black"> Rhythm </font id="black"></center>
  • Anonymous
    Why would i download limewire? I'd rather support the bands i like, than rob them.

<hr noshade size="1">
    My trusty steed
    <hr noshade size="1">
  • jamiejim
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by yeehaamcgee</i>

So I should just let him get on with it?
    The best I can hope for is to try and influence my small piece of the world.

but, hey, if you say it's okay, then what the hell.
    Lets open up the forum to include details on where to buy the best drugs, off licences that freely serve under-age kids, where to buy guns, how to scam people.
    Why not go the whole hog, and get people who work in banks to tell us what the security codes are for gaining entry, and detailed blueprints of the buildings etc.

<hr noshade size="1">
    My trusty steed
    <hr noshade size="1">

Mate, I hear what you are saying. But lets face it, the methods of illegaly downloading music are hardly a secret.
    MBUK
  • Anonymous
    No, but actually making it known on a public forum that you handle illegal goods and posting a contact email address, is so indescribably fricking stupid that i can't imagine how this jackass manages to get through life on a day to day basis.
    And yet you defend him?

<hr noshade size="1">
    My trusty steed
    <hr noshade size="1">
  • jamiejim
    I agree that it is risky. But no method of illegaly downloading music is untraceable. IP addresses can be traced etc
    MBUK
  • roj279
    roj279 Posts: 579

Why would i download limewire? I'd rather support the bands i like, than rob them.

<hr noshade size="1">
    My trusty steed
    <hr noshade size="1">

sorry i didnt mean u, i ment the kid who wants the songs

<center><font color="black"> Rhythm </font id="black"></center>
  • Music piracy is a bad thing, period. That said I have been known to "acquire" songs in the past, but I can honestly say that the stuff I've liked I've bought.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">We live in the unhappy shadows of skyscrapers freight trains and malls</font id="size1">
    <hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">We live in the unhappy shadows of skyscrapers freight trains and malls</font id="size1">