New wheels. Just new rim - or whole new wheel...?

danhargrave7
danhargrave7 Posts: 194
edited May 2007 in MTB general
iv finally got the money to upgrade my wheels. and im looking to change my current dmr dv rims / wheels for some halo's... probably the tornado's.

but my decision is, should i get 2 new halo tornado rims, and get them built onto my current black spokes and dmr revolver hubs. or would it be better to sell my current wheels and just buy some new halo tornados?

also is the upgrade worth the money. but the main question is above...

=]

dan
<hr>
Dont you hate it when your eating pizza with one hand, and trying to type with the other, the BAM! you accidently put4 \'W\'s into the address bar !!!!

Comments

• elmotheewokking
    elmotheewokking Posts: 2,279
    What size rims?
    What condition are your hubs in at the moment?
    If you buy just rims, who will be building them?

<center>
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by i_used_2b_fukpigonabike</i>

at least it hasn't rashed like my groin.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>
  • Simple Jumper
    Simple Jumper Posts: 1,376
    You'll be needing new spokes if you only change the rims. Tornados come with Spin Doctor hubs, yes?

<hr noshade size="1"><center><font size="1"><font color="black">Norco.</font id="black"> </center></font id="size1"><hr noshade size="1">
  • rubber side up
    rubber side up Posts: 2,150
    I'd say buy a new wheelset. Rear spindoctor and tornado, and front hope pro II and tornado. the pro II is only a few œ extra.

<hr noshade size="1"><center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

Something round here tastes bad. Could be plain old bad taste.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
    </center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    DV to tornados isn't much of an upgrade really.

ForBloodAnd Empire
    Nothing says "ouch" like a punctured gut
    Co factory rider for DUST TILL DAWN

Myspace
  • danhargrave7
    my current wheels are 24". hubs are in reasonable condition i think, i cant say theres anything wrong with them...

does anybody know how much. (avg.) a tornado wheels set would cost... with hope pro II hubs and black spokes in 24" and white? and any ideas on how much my dv wheels with revolver hubs could be sold for...?

thanks again.

dan
    <hr>
    Dont you hate it when your eating pizza with one hand, and trying to type with the other, the BAM! you accidently put4 \'W\'s into the address bar !!!!
  • Anonymous
    CRC for the cost of the wheel sets.
    It depends on condition etc, but not a fat lot œ60 the pair at most.

ForBloodAnd Empire

Myspace
  • danhargrave7
    if its not a large upgrade to mkae. would it be worth getting my wheels stripped down, get the rim powdercoated white. and have it rebuilt...? as all i really want is white wheels.

dan
    <hr>
  • Anonymous
    You could do that yeah.
    Why you want white rims I don't know.

ForBloodAnd Empire

Myspace
  • danhargrave7
    it goes with the colour scheme of my bike im going for a black frame and forks, with white wheels, brake cables and pedals.

thanks, dan
    <hr>
  • rubber side up
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Glyn</i>

You could do that yeah.

ForBloodAnd Empire

Myspace
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

because white looks nice?

<hr noshade size="1"><center><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by EvilAlex</i>

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></center>www.mtb-bitz.co.uk - Bitz for you & your mountain bike. pinkbike
  • rubber side up
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Glyn</i>

You could do that yeah.

ForBloodAnd Empire

Myspace
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

because white looks nice?

• danhargrave7
    i think it does,

soorrrrry...

what looks better, and all black bike, mostly plain with no stickers or a white and black bike with sticker or vinals on?

personally im with the second one lol

=] dan
    <hr>
  • danhargrave7
    and in fact, it was your bike, or the one in your pinkbikealbum that i got the idea from, that bikes got white cables and bars and front wheel...

im just gettting cheaper / smaaler white components first...
    <hr>