Why is it that..

yoadius
yoadius Posts: 541
edited May 2007 in The Crudcatcher
The most unspectacular crashes always hurt the most/do most damage?
I am now typing this one handed due to my rear wheel sliding out and throwing me on the floor, resulting in a snapped radius in my left arm and a knee that doesn't want to bend.[:(]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tartanyak</i>

Dude, did you trace that, from a distance off a diagram drawn by a blind man using his feet from the description given to him by someone that could only use English quotes from the movie of 'Grease'?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tartanyak</i>

Dude, did you trace that, from a distance off a diagram drawn by a blind man using his feet from the description given to him by someone that could only use English quotes from the movie of \'Grease\'?

Comments

• ddoogie
    ddoogie Posts: 4,159
    Yikes. Sounds pretty nasty. Get well soon.

<hr noshade size="1">
    <font size="1"><font color="red">S-Works Stumpjumper FSR</font id="red"></font id="size1">
    S-works Stumpjumper FSR

I'll see you at the end.

You'll see me on the floor.
  • JinjaNinja
    JinjaNinja Posts: 1,033
    Bet you œ50 that this (the first one) hurt a hell of a lot more though

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1"><font color="green"><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NeillyB</i>
    I used some blueberry flavoured one we got from the free clinic once
    NEVER AGAIN
    My penis was blue for 3 days
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></font id="green"></font id="size1">
    <font color="brown"><center>Join us HERE!</center></font id="brown">
    logo.jpg
  • yoadius
    yoadius Posts: 541
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JinjaNinja</i>

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1"><font color="green"><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by NeillyB</i>
    NEVER AGAIN
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></font id="green"></font id="size1">

That definatly must have hurt more.
    I felt fine untill I tried to get up, then my wrist made a funny sound and I was back on the floor.
    My new resolution when riding next time is to carry a phone on me. 20 minute push home wasn't nice.

Dude, did you trace that, from a distance off a diagram drawn by a blind man using his feet from the description given to him by someone that could only use English quotes from the movie of 'Grease'?

Dude, did you trace that, from a distance off a diagram drawn by a blind man using his feet from the description given to him by someone that could only use English quotes from the movie of \'Grease\'?
  • JinjaNinja
    Always carry a phone, especialy if your on your own. No matter how far from home you are... Even the garden!!!

NEVER AGAIN
    logo.jpg
  • St.D1ckie
    St.D1ckie Posts: 982
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by JinjaNinja</i>

NEVER AGAIN

WTF is going on at ~32seconds =/

<hr noshade size="1">
    Fight The FC, Not Each Other

Richard
    Kona
    [LiteralBikeCo]

WMB's Dude-o
    Richard
  • JinjaNinja
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by St.D1ckie</i>

NEVER AGAIN

<hr noshade size="1">

Richard

My second favorite bit of the clip! (1st bit has to be bike 2 face action!) I guess he just lost control at speed, he looks like some sort of de-formed crab though!

NEVER AGAIN
    logo.jpg
  • JinjaNinja
    I've done similar to that on a raleigh chopper... Not quite that speed, and not quite with the same pain inflicting results.

NEVER AGAIN
    logo.jpg
    360 Posts: 5,940
    sometimes they do get away with it suprisingly well though.

far scarier than all those combined is qualeys crash at the TT, 160mph into a wall!

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."

P.s Im not doing that again.
  • -C-
    -C- Posts: 1,168
    Motorbikes are scary, full stop.

Meep Meep!

[:0] [?]
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">WTF is going on at ~32seconds =/<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
    It's called a tank-slapper. surprisingly common. they can be caused by all sorts of things...
    too small/large a front/rear tyre
    iffy headstock bearings
    iffy brakes
    forks playing up
    wheels not being balanced properly
    damaged wheels
    damaged hub bearings
    etc etc

<hr noshade size="1">
    My trusty steed
    1999 marin wolfridge, Marzocchi Jr Ts, Saint cranks, D321 rims, Hope C2s, raceface bits and bobs, XT running gear. All vintage stuff! (apart from the saints)
    <hr noshade size="1">
  • wiltonjh
    wiltonjh Posts: 59
    Ouch!

I had the same thing happen to me twice in a row on the same adverse camber corner, but didn't break anything. I haven't ever broken any bones, touch wood. How long will it take to heal?
  • s7ick
    s7ick Posts: 16
    I would say that the 9th crash in would hurt most...

<hr noshade size="1">
    I've found Jesus!
    He was behind the sofa the whole time..

I seem to have a severe addiction for [;)]

Pinkbike Album!!(UPDATED PIX!)
    <hr noshade size="1">
    I\'ve found Jesus!

Pinkbike Album!!(UPDATED PIXS!)
  • s7ick
    s7ick Posts: 16
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by St.D1ckie</i>

NEVER AGAIN

<hr noshade size="1">

Richard
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">That made me giggle..[:D]

<hr noshade size="1">
    I've found Jesus!

Pinkbike Album!!(UPDATED PIX!)
    <hr noshade size="1">
    I\'ve found Jesus!

Pinkbike Album!!(UPDATED PIXS!)
  • Silver Bullet
    Silver Bullet Posts: 1,064
    the fat woman going over the handlebars made me laugh
    so much that i felt that i didnt need to watch the rest of the video, that was good enough for me

i was reading an article in my local freebie newspaper this morning about a couple who went shoplifting with their kid. they were so fat that they just blocked the view from the CCTV while their kid put whatever it was inside bag/jacket/pocket etc
    oh how i laughed when i read that!

'06 Scott Voltage YZ2

<center>Myspazz</center>
  • lacuna
    lacuna Posts: 4,004
    as an interesting side point I remember from way back in the day there was a prototype steering damper for dh bikes in one of the mags. Never happened of course but I guess its reflective of how courses have changed from all out speed to heavily technical.

<center><b>Mythic Meg</b></center>
    head_bar_solid.jpg
  • John
    John Posts: 2,499
    Hoppey, Theres a vid somewhere of a dude riding a rocky section no hands.

Last crash in that vid, Heading right for a car FTL.

havent fallen off,
    im just having a rest

Updated [:D] <font color="red">Glory</font id="red"> <font color="red">Jackal</font id="red">

Safe as Fu<s></s>ck Pushbike Bullsh<s></s>it and <font color="red">Wideopen Mag.</font id="red">
  • dan_trials
    dan_trials Posts: 597
    this one is pretty nasty, the noise he makes!

<hr noshade size="1"><center>Giant<font size="1">(updated 31/03/07!)</font id="size1"> <font color="red">Ashton</font id="red"> <font color="green">Land Rover</font id="green"><font size="1">(updated 31/03/07!)</font id="size1"> <font color="black">H.P.I.</font id="black"><font size="1">(new!)</font id="size1"></center>