Places In W.Yorkshire

Lee.P
Lee.P Posts: 41
edited June 2007 in MTB rides
Hello guys first guys so hello to all. I just recently got back into biking after year out studying just bought a Kona Coiler to get me back on scene, Anyway to the point i live in Wakefield (Near Leeds) and wondered if there is any local circuits/tracks/trails you would recommend.

I saw the write up 4X Vs XC and saw that saw in Harrogate and mentioned new sections havent rode there so that could be a weekend away

Comments

• lupo_gaz
    lupo_gaz Posts: 33
    there are a few places nearby. what type of riding do you do?
  • bobbo
    bobbo Posts: 353
    If your into some downhill stuff weve got a few tracks in huddersfield (weve got a thread)

Its all about Les Gets 2007 and the new RB!!!
    Retrobates
    Pinkbike album
    Myspaz
    Its all about Les Gets 2007 and the new RB!!!
    Retrobates
    Pinkbike album
    Myspaz
  • Lee.P
    Well i dont anything from single track, DH or even cross country im pretty flexible in riding styles i just fancy having a ride around and see whats on offer. I have heard of a track within Horbury called the Orb which isnt far from me, Huddersfield isnt far either got a link to the thread?
  • Thorpy
    Thorpy Posts: 703
    http://www.mbuk.com/forum/topic.asp?TOP ... ichpage=16

<center><font color="pink"><b>Pinkbike</b></font id="pink"><font color="red">...._....</font id="red"><b>Vandal NEW PIC</b><font color="red">...._....</font id="red"><b>Myspazzz</b>
    </center>
  • hunter145
    hunter145 Posts: 79
    Orb has now shut down (If i have been reliably informed), i also live in horbury but unless you dirtjump theres not really that much there, if you dirtjump theres Horbury Lagoon, Ossett rocks and numerous tracks around Netherton and Middlestown

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><font color="blue"><i>Originally posted by Alx</i>

Going for someone's testicles is too low, too unmanly. Go with the butt-rape.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"></font id="blue">
  • thelomax
    thelomax Posts: 16
    Hi all, after 9 years without a bike due to knee injury mostly (well lazyness n beer!) I've gone and bought myself a Marin Hawkhill hardtail, I'm not the fittest bloke but does anyone fancy a ride near Haworth, Keighley? Weekends best due to work (Bolton 12hrs)I'm 30 by the way.
  • Lee.P
    Yeah orb is pretty lonely now, The jumps and area is still pretty well maintained but no crowds ever. Not a big fan on Horbury lagoon to be honest, Too many kids and way too many faces, Im more interested in Single track, DH or XC but doesnt seem much on offer looks like the dales for me
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Lee.P</i>

Yeah orb is pretty lonely now, The jumps and area is still pretty well maintained but no crowds ever. Not a big fan on Horbury lagoon to be honest, Too many kids and way too many faces, Im more interested in Single track, DH or XC but doesnt seem much on offer looks like the dales for me
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Head further southwest, try the trails that start over the hills at the visitor's centre in Langsett.

<center><i>CakeSteed</i>
    Camp Commuter
    Junkbike, junkbike, dernernernutnernut</center>
  • Rscott
    Rscott Posts: 123
    how about going over towards south yorkshire,

wharncliff woods near sheffield has dh singletrack and xc,

endore, in silkstone has lots of dh tracks

stocksmoor or the student village in huddersfield has a dh track inbetween them see the huddersfield thread, those guys will help you out good lads aswell,

leeds has the temple newsam tracks and skills area

and theres always the opptions of hitting the bridal ways in the moors loads to do around here.

I'm the midget on the Keewee with the Troy Lee
    I\'m the midget on the Keewee with the Troy Lee
  • easyg
    easyg Posts: 266
    I live in Dewsbury and we go to Stainburn Forest and Dalby Forest if we want to ride in reasonabley close places.

Stainburn Forest is short but exceptionally testing - the main drag there is a double black and there is a gold in Norwood Edge which is just over the road from the car park literally. Classed mainly as XC/ DH trails. Good fun but take care on this, it is not to be underestimated. About 20-25 mins away.

Dalby Forest - is XC galore. Trail is 18 miles long round the forest and is very good fun. Parts of it are testing but nothing too technical or daunting. Just drop the hammer on the downhills and feel the smile appearing on your face. Is up in the N.York Moors though - about an hour away.

Sorry for the delayed response, been on jollies in France.

'If you think straight enough, you can see round corners'
    "If you think straight enough, you can see round corners"
  • hunter145
    hunter145 Posts: 79
    Wharncliff is good, i rode it the other day, did the XC route its similar to dalby's red route with similar feature but is shorter (10 miles) there are also DH tracks there but have haven't tried them so i can't say if they're good or not.